Thread: Gamehacking.org
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2012, 07:08 PM   #8
Lazy Bastard
Administrator

As much of your response was repetitive or useless, I will respond to those parts I find relevant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune @ GSC
GSCentral.com/.org has always been under my management -- Stinky613 and Crocc were both backbone administrative staff and never guided the website from a content point of view.
You are the only person that I have seen claim this. Everyone else from GSCentral.com (the original) seems to remember things very differently. This would make sense, given that GSCentral.org is quite different from GSCentral.com.

Quote:
Nensondubois worked with ugetab but has repeatedly complained over the years that ugetab stole all of the credit for their collaboration. That is why he has refused for years (4?) to post any codes at GH or even visit your website. Is that the sign of someone who is decent and moral? It reflects poorly on your organization for sure.
So, nensondubois, a person with virtually no skill or accomplishment to speak of, had his work stolen by ugetab, a veritable genius whose work is well-known in the hacking scene as being very impressive and in-depth? I think that's a little far-fetched. Moreover, no one else agrees with that version of the story. Everyone who knows ugetab is quite sure that nensondubois is 'off his rocker' when it comes to that claim.

Quote:
This is a half-truth. I claimed that codes that were on the Pro Action Replay Code Creators Club were posted years before Ugetab ever "hacked them". The GH website was adding those codes which Ugetab had submitted after they had been hacked by someone else.
No, no. I'm not referring to your strange accusation that a highly advanced hacker like ugetab stole incredibly simple Infinite Lives-style codes from a web site that doesn't even exist anymore...I'm referring to what everyone in that 'war' saw; our direct display of your having taken codes from our site and added them to yours, with no credit to the hackers, replete with proof via timestamps, including those of Google's cache system. This was a big punch to the stomach to your argument, and the turning point after which GSC members began to cross the floor to GH.org.

Quote:
The "falling out" was due to the fact that Parasyte had always wanted his own hacking website. Those website members had (and still have) numerous
lifestyle issues and that is why they expressed their dissatisfaction on the boards and directed them at GSCentral instead of making a change. Viper187 lived at home with his parents well into his 20's, not working or even attending school. Parasyte was likely unemployed at the time and heavily in debt.

Most of those members were also in the rebellious teenage years and GSCentral had been functioning smoothly up until the last year before the "falling-out". At the time I had not been guiding the website and the website was so chaotic that members were leaving because of Parasyte/Viper187/Modman's, etc. wild and reckless behaviour. You wouldn't know any of this because you were not there at the time.
So what you're saying is...the most famous and skilled members of your site didn't like your management of the place, but were perfectly content back when they were at GSCentral.com. I agree.

Quote:
But it never did and never will belong to them. It was never their work per se that got the codes online, formatted, and put into the GSCentral db, etc. The database was illegally stolen from our servers and leaked without the permission of GSCentral. It was never proven that any former GSCentral members hacked into the db and that it was likely an act of a third party who had no concrete knowledge of what was going on from the inside (much like yourself).

Since 2007, the GSCentral database is now easily the most definitive code db in the entire world, surpassing any other on the Internet today. It would be an enormous mistake to go anywhere else for codes!
The GSC code database was open to the world in the first place (except that you broke it for an extremely long time (years?), during which it wasn't even available on your site), and it was comprised of work by hacking scene members going back to the original GSC.com; it was quite definitively the property of the scene. Moreover, if codes can be copied manually from one web site to another (for example, what you do with our codes), there's not much difference in doing so with a database, especially if you're a staff member of that site. Incidentally, the fact that you grab codes from our site as we release them isn't really an issue, so long as you give credit. It's annoying that some newbie might not realize he's visiting a site that is merely an echo of another site, and it's a little pathetic, but if you're giving proper credit, it's fine.

Also, it's still creepy when you toss out GSCentral.org slogans in weird places during conversation. Seriously.

Quote:
Of course, contact these individuals that Lazy Bastard knows are biased and most of them were not even on the administrative team at the time that the 'falling out' occurred and half have never been incredibly active at GSCentral.com while the website was even up!
Except, these were the best and brightest members of GSC. It makes no sense that all your most skilled members would suddenly agree with me after having spent years at GSC. Granted, people like Demonic722 and Abystus are quite good, but they're also staff members at GameHacking.org.

Quote:
Which aren't even relevant to the fact that Gamehacking.org stole the GSCentral database from 2007 and that "its" database is sorely out of date and should not even be updated anymore.
Why did you put "its" in quotes? Were you attempting to make fun of incorrect punctuation? If you were, you should pay better attention in English class, because I used the word correctly. An apostrophe would imply a contraction (it-is), which wouldn't make sense in that sentence. Just saying.