View Single Post
Old 08-25-2009, 01:09 PM   #6
UchihaAssassinX

Quote:
Originally Posted by InVerse View Post
I guess you have a different definition of easy than I do. Having to enter into financial risk in order to obtain a copy of a game that may or may not work doesn't seem entirely easy to me.

OP: Do a Google search for the games you want along with words like "download" and/or "ROMs" and you should find them easily enough for download. Most Dreamcast games on the web are self-booting, which means that you don't need to do anything to your Dreamcast to play them, just burn them to a CD (not a DVD) and pop them into your system.

A majority (but not all) self-booting Dreamcast images are in the Disc Juggler format. You can use either Disc Juggler or Alcohol 120% to burn them. (I use Alcohol 120% because you don't have to crack the free demo, just change the date on your computer to a date earlier than the expiration date and it works just fine.)

Now, it's against the rules to tell you where you can get games, since it's illegal to download them, but if you look at the sticky posts on this very forum, you'll find the address of a site that contains both of the games you're interested in.

The only thing you need to keep in mind is that some of the games will have audio downsampled or some video cut out, so that the games will fit on a single CD. The readme file that comes with the game will explain exactly what modifications, if any, where made.

and here is me thinking that i would have to spend hours extracting all the files i needed but that seems simple enough and i agree ebay aint worth the risk of being scammed so all i should need is to download the files from here (obviously not on forums) follow these steps and play like crazy lol just hope i can still find disc i had prepared.
UchihaAssassinX is offline   Reply With Quote