View Single Post
Old 07-16-2008, 06:02 PM   #19
Xeon3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 9th Sage View Post
I agree with you whole-heartedly except on this one point. The exploits themselves do not equate piracy. Take the Twilight Hack. There is some neat stuff you can do with it that is definitely not piracy (ie playing an awesome port of QuakeGL on your Wii). The sad fact is that, of course, someone with know how will eventually say to themselves..."Can I do this?
As you say, then every exploit can be used for homebrew. So we can use them all, the Pandora thingy / Firmwares for PSP, ooooohhhh homebrew, FreeMCLoad for PS2 or Swap trick was only for homebrew as well, Nintendo DS WifiMe etc only started for homebrew as well!

In my opinion, it reeks of irony, every time a new exploit is released because they always announce they found out a new way to run homebrew code, but someone *always* finds a way to boot "backup" games out of it. I wonder if there's any exploit out there that can only run homebrew and not pirate copies even if it needs another program on top of it.

Sorry about the "rant-liness" of the posts. It's sometimes my fault for writing them that way added with the fact that my English is still not as good as if I was a native speaker, so my word choices may make it a little ranty. Also, sometimes, I can't just help it when people are trying to make something look like it's all right when in fact it is not!

Last edited by Xeon3D; 07-16-2008 at 06:12 PM.