View Single Post
Old 09-16-2017, 05:19 AM   #1
cinvowell

Default What bands do you think have great concerts?

Iíve been to a few concerts. All the same band - The Moody Blues. All at what used to be called Pine Knob (Michigan), an open air venue. I liked that the fans were very polite, not pushy. Iíve even seen people with small children, strollers, and infants. Once, I saw 4 generations enjoying the music. I guess the reason the fans were not pushy was what went on on the grass seats. Everybody got a contact high just walking by. I usually go alone. Every time I either invite someone or go with someone things donít exactly go smoothly. So, I go by myself - less hassle.

Last time they came to Michigan, they came to a venue about 6 hours drive 1 way. Besides that, the members that havenít retired yet are in their 70s so I donít think they have too many more concerts in their future.

I know, just pick a band and go, but Iím not a pushy person and I know 2 things - in one of those crowds where everyone is packed in like sardines, all Iíll see is armpits and elbows (Iím short - 5í) and it wonít matter how close my seat is, when everyone starts shoving and pushing, Iíll end up in the back.

I know I wonít find anything like the concerts Iím used to. Iím not trying, just trying to find more concerts or at least A concert that I can feel comfortable going. I enjoyed going to concerts and havenít been for a few years. Iíd like to plan on going to a concert next year and I tend to plan ahead so I have enough money for the tickets and maybe buying a couple things. So thatís why Iím putting this out now instead of waiting til spring.

EDITED: Iím sorry, I got a bit winded with what I wrote and muddled the thing in the process. What I intended (and I think I missed the mark by a mile in my description) is if youíve gone to a concert that you really enjoyed and you think the band is at least good, thatís what I intended for this thread. Any band/singer any concert or does no one go to concerts anymore.

Last edited by cinvowell; 09-17-2017 at 03:51 PM.
cinvowell is offline   Reply With Quote