Thread: Hobbies
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2008, 09:09 AM   #2
SpaceTiger

I share your enthusiasm for hiking and photography, and often like to combine the two. Here are some photos from my recent trip to Yellowstone:

Yellowstone Photos

This goes well with my enthusiasm for bird- and wildlife-watching, which I picked up from my dad when I was a kid.

Of course, I also play a lot of video games (though probably not as many as some folks on here). I tend to like RPGs and action/adventure games and spend a lot of time playing games on the classic consoles (NES, SNES, etc.). I keep up with the video game scene, but try to limit the time I spend on it, as my obsessive personality can lead to addiction with certain games.

During the summer, I like to play softball. I was the head coach for my department team (again, in grad school) and I'll play any position I'm needed at -- they usually put me at shortstop or outfield

I'm one of those people with a short attention span for hobbies, so I've dabbled in a lot of other things over the years, including politics, philosophy, web scripting, etc. Really the only thing that has consistently kept my attention is songwriting. I have a large collection of songs (though very few recordings) and I was the singer/songwriter/guitarist in a band in grad school. I haven't been active in the music scene for about a year, but I'm always trying to come up with stuff in my head. Aside from my girlfriend, family, and work, music is probably the most important thing to me.
SpaceTiger is offline   Reply With Quote