Thread: security threat
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2017, 07:28 PM   #9
cinvowell

I know I'm late to the party on this thread but when I had McAfee the viruses were going in through their programing many times and they would block all kinds of stuff that was actually safe stuff. They even blocked discs that had interactive programing. The last straw was when it took 2 months and a great deal of advice from my friends at the old ISOHunt to get rid of an especially nasty virus. What saved me is that I had a second user login because the damn thing blocked me from signing in. At their suggestion I switched to Emsisoft and have had no problems plus their program is more flexible giving you more control over it. I would never go back to McAfee again. Well, I had one problem - got hacked about 6 months ago but I don't know what they were looking for. I got a prompt that kept saying "File not found" and it wasn't me searching. I shut down the internet and did a search rooted out a trojan and haven't had any problems since. I've had Emsisoft for over 7 years.