View Single Post
Old 12-28-2010, 01:41 AM   #7
polarz

I remember that particular issue. I don't believe it was marked as a confirmed good dump [!], but I do recall a rom marked as a bad dump for A Boy and his Blob was actually the good dump; my memory says it was [b9]. Frankly before Bootgod http://bootgod.dyndns.org:7777/ started his redumping/cataloging project the NES roms were a mess and there was no real reliable source for confirmed good dumps. In helping Bootgod I dumped at least a half dozen USA games that had never been dumped correctly or maybe I should say were never included in goodnes, nestoy or any dat. I believe the No Intro people have used Bootgod's site as their main source for their NES dats.

I guess what I'm trying to say is picking one rom from a set that no one had accurately cataloged does not indicate the kind of systemic problems inferred by InVerse. This issue does intrigue me and I would like to have more information on this issue if it is available. If there are problems with the GoodTools I'd like to know about them. Thanks.
polarz is offline   Reply With Quote