View Single Post
Old 07-17-2008, 12:37 AM   #26
Xeon3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_importer View Post
Zophar has long hosted Music taken directly from old school video games, that's technically illegal and any company who owns the right to these could force you to remove them. You can't be against once type of piracy and the turn around and allow another, so how do you JUSTIFY this?

BTW, your answer can't be "Because it's not as bad as hosting ROMs" because my answer is going to be "But hosting ROMs is not as bad hosting bootleg movies and commercial games".

As for the nostalgia part, get over it, times change, you can't live in the past.
My answer to the music archives question is simply "F*ck them". I don't really give a crap about them. If those disappeared I wouldn't even notice. They are to me the same as commercial roms.

Oh, and since when is a person not be able to have a little bit of nostalgia? Not that I'm living in the past, but I'm sticking to my ideals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapu View Post
You're right, Xeon. I may have not expressed myself quite properly when I wrote "stop piracy". English isn't my native language either, actually that'd be Spanish, just like you (y entiendo perfectamente bien a lo que te referís con lo de "cínicos" :-D ).
Of course we shouldn't, as far as ZD goes, care about what the crap other websites are doing. But I could never help but wonder... How is it possible that so many people cry of "Piracy!" and at the same time the minimum tools and knowledge to prevent it (or at least diminish it) are not as readily available to the public just like the piracy itself is? I'm even starting to suspect there's some kind of economical interest involved in people not being able to legally make backup copies of the soft their own... Currently, the only reliable way to have a dumper of your own is to have an Electronics Engineering PhD or something!
Whatever be the case, I'll be retuning for sure to ZD, as I find it to be the single best community for serious emulation.
That's a way I don't want to go thru... (if this sounds funny it's because it's a Portuguese saying quickly and literally translated to English)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladyn View Post
The English word is hypocrite.
Thanks a bunch!

Quote:
They're requested because people are cheap bastards. That will always be the case, but I don't see why legitimate uses should be curtailed because of people who are causing the real problem.
Have a look into the world. That happens everywhere.

Quote:
Go after the ROM sites, not the modchips.
I totally agree. Then if we add commercial roms to ZD, can we go after ZD as well?

[RANT]
And I still can't believe a thread about this has so many posts.
Your law says that copyrighted material cannot be distributed if you don't have the rights to. We don't so we do not distribute! What part can't you not understand?[/RANT]

Last edited by Xeon3D; 07-17-2008 at 12:57 AM.