View Single Post
Old 07-16-2008, 01:41 AM   #14
the_importer

Just going to add my 2 cents... who gives a fuck today anyway?

After being into emulation for 10 years, I can say for certain that neither Nintendo or SEGA give a damn about console emulation on PC (well Nintendo use to worry about the N64 when it when it came out and they're still looking at GBA and NDS emulation, but that's beside the point).

Planetemu has been one of the best source out there for getting GOOD_ROM dumps for the past 7 years now and they're still alive and kicking. Nintendo hasn't warned them before or after the Wii came out with it's Virtual Console service.

Fact remains, people who want to pay for old games will, people who don't won't. If I didn't have a micro ATX PC connected to my LCD TV with Wireless gamepads, I probably would embrace the VC, but as it stands, I do have all of this, so Nintendo strategy of selling my childhood birthday presents for 500 to 1000 Wii Points is not doing for me.

Guess what folks, it's also illegal to post pictures and art of copyrighted material without permission, but people do it anyway. And it's also illegal to spit your gum on the ground, but people do that anyway as well.

What I'm trying to point out is that there are different levels of piracy or any other crimes and emulation fits into the bottom. Software companies are much more worried about people selling bootlegged copies of their latest softwares then people downloading games for which they have long stop carrying about.