View Single Post
Old 01-09-2006, 06:26 PM   #28
JadussD

Default Re: Shows over folks...Go home to your families...

> I don't understand the 2 faced attitude that goes on in the
> community, as well as most of the internet. It's like you
> grew up but forgot to mature.

DISCLAIMER: THE FOLLOWING IS JUST MY OPINION, AND I AM JUST A GUY ON THE INTERNET WHOM YOU KNOW NEXT TO NOTHING ABOUT. THERE MAY BE SOME HYPOCRISY IN HERE, BUT I'M NOT GOING TO CHANGE WHAT I THINK JUST BECAUSE I FALL SHORT OF MY OWN EXPECTATIONS. THANK YOU.

People tend to behave like total dicks on the Internet.

The reason is that you're just a bunch of text. People you meet on the Internet didn't grow up with you, we don't see you on a daily basis, you aren't friends to us. Any pain you feel is just a bunch of text on the screen. No one gives a fuck about you. As such, social conventions of politeness go out the door. Your problems are insignificant, meaningless, to be addressed by others as nothing more than a way to boost their egos or fill in down time at work. No one cares about you. You are just another bunch of bytes that's temporarily stored in my RAM, processed, and sent to my video card to be displayed on my monitor, and once I've read what you've said, it will be replaced by more transient data that will again be replaced.

It helps to leave emotions out of anything you do related to the Internet. You may notice that I don't talk about my personal life on this message board anymore. It's because I realize that I, as a person, am just another bunch of text on the screen to everyone else. My life is very uninteresting and depressing. Even if it wasn't, people with real lives with real problems wouldn't give a fuck about it. If I post on the Diares board again, it will be to provide an amusing anecdote that others may be entertained by, not as a way to vent my angst.

That said, I do think the Internet is a great way to spread to spread ideas. If I say something on a message board, and 1000 people read it, you'd better believe that I've probably influenced at least one person in SOME way...
<P ID="signature"></P>
JadussD is offline   Reply With Quote