Zophar's Message Domain

Zophar's Message Domain (http://www.zophar.net/forums/index.php)
-   Emulation News (http://www.zophar.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Gamehacking.org (http://www.zophar.net/forums/showthread.php?t=15280)

Azul Fria 07-13-2012 07:01 AM

Gamehacking.org
 
While we at Zophar.net handle a lot of things like emulators, hacks, translations, etc. Here is another terrific site to check out. The name of the site is Gamehacking.org which some of you may remember as gshi.org at one point. If you need some game genie codes, Action Replay codes, or even emulator cheat files check this place out.

Rune @ GSC 07-17-2012 05:25 PM

Hello,

I think teaming up with Gamehacking.org is a big mistake. Zophar's Domain should not have to stoop to such a low level. I have known about Lazy Bastard for many, many years and he is just a modern crook. He just hasn't been thrown into jail yet for his misbehaviour. My website, the most current hacking website on the planet (GSCentral.org), got hacked into back in 2007. He and his cronies chose to steal and utilize the GSCentral database when the hacked database got leaked by a hacker. He knows that his website would be nothing without it so he renamed it the "BSFree" database and stripped that database of proper code credit to the code creators. The GSCentral.org database is the only one who has credited gamers honestly in the scene today. I know he preaches proper code credit but their whole crew are sneaky and devious. I highly recommend not associating with them for those reasons amongst others. Plus, the fact that their website is thousands of codes out of date and that their staff is incapable of adding codes for numerous sections.

Feel free to PM me if you have any further questions.

-Jim
aka Rune
youtube.com/gscentral

Lazy Bastard 07-17-2012 06:03 PM

Wow, your appearance is certainly an interesting surprise.

Since Rune has decided to sully this thread with both his presence and some serious (false) accusations, I suppose I should at least respond to them, for those who are unaware of the situation.

GSCentral.org (not to be confused with the original GSCentral.com, which was under different management and was quite good) and GameHacking.org (at the time still known as GSHI.org) had a bit of a flame-war some years back. It kicked off when Rune and a few of his underlings began slurping up all codes that GameHacking.org hackers created. This continued on without much complaint from us, aside from the occasional snicker that GSCentral had stooped to the new low of just lifting codes from other places, rather than hacking anything of their own.

Then a new thing occurred: Rune began adding codes we'd hacked, but without credit. This angered several of our hackers, including one very talented person named ugetab (who was quite well known for having created many impressive codes, among other things). ugetab called Rune on this, and Rune and another GSCentral.org member, nensondubois (who seems to legitimately have a mental disorder) responded by counter-accusing ugetab of having been the real code thief. This soon escalated into a full-scale verbal war, carried out on both sites' forums, as well as a 3rd party forum of sorts (I forget which, but it was related to PS2 hacking and wasn't truly a forum).

Rune and others from GSCentral.org, including some remnants from GSCentral.com (such as Parasyte and Viper187), sallied forth and leveled their accusations and verbal attacks at GameHacking.org members, and we responded in kind, being very straight-forward and factual. Rune, however, remained very child-like about the issue, and resorted to spamming and non-sense replies frequently. After a while, the intelligent members of GSCentral, to include Parasyte, Viper187, Modman, etc, began to notice inconsistencies in Rune's rhetoric.

For example, Rune claimed that he had added codes to his database before we added them to ours...but public timestamps on both sites and forums, including those cached by Google, clearly proved otherwise.

In the middle of this, Rune apparently had a falling out with his staff, which included Parasyte and Viper187, and locked them all out of the GSCentral.org forums. Subsequently, the forums were hacked and defaced, probably by former GSCentral members or staff. Rune then shut down the forums, but brought them back up shortly thereafter, and they were hacked again. Most of the former GSCentral.org staff left to either join GameHacking.org (for example, Parasyte and Viper187 are both currently GameHacking.org staff), or to form KodeWerx.org (Parasyte created this site as a replacement for GSCentral, although most of its member base has since moved to GameHacking.org, or other sites).

At some point, former members of GSCentral.org staff dumped a copy of the GSCentral.org database, stating that it belonged to them and the scene at large, not Rune, and hosted it in several places. One of these places is GameHacking.org. While we do host a copy of BSFree, as it is called (the GSCentral.org code database, without the BS, as it were), we strive to always provide proper code credit therein. Unfortunately, Rune's mangling of the GSCentral database before GSCentral members dumped it caused not only a slew of issues with handling the database itself, but also caused a giant lack of code credit, even in the original version hosted at GSCentral.org. We've spent countless hours hunting down those authors not mentioned in BSFree, and correcting credit as we could (we continue to do so). Incidentally, BSFree has been slowly integrated with our existing code database, which already contained hundreds of thousands of codes, and this process will be complete with the unveiling of the GameHacking.org site revamp.

GameHacking.org always considers code credit to be of the utmost importance, as the reason for our site's creation in the first place was to facilitate proper credit for hackers' work, which wasn't being done at the time in places like CMGSCCC.

If you'd like additional references to attest to the validity of GameHacking.org's 'side of the story', please contact any of the prominent former members of GSCentral.org, including Parasyte, Viper187, Modman, james0x57, etc. Also, let me know if you'd like a copy of the first major debate that began this 'rivalry' as I made archival copies of the 3rd-party web pages that contained them.

Lazy Bastard 07-17-2012 06:12 PM

Hmm...I hate to do follow-up posts, but I think it's really worth mentioning:

Some time after this initial 'flame war', ugetab, a good friend of mine and a great member of our staff, died, in real life, due to an unexpected brain hemorrhage. Rune took this opportunity to laugh about it, and make insulting comments, even as ugetab's mother was speaking to our members on the GameHacking.org forums. Rune would normally just be an annoyance, but given this event and similar ones since then, he is legitimately a bad person, plain and simple. If for any reason my trustworthiness, or that of GameHacking.org comes into question, I can also provide copies of these conversations, and just about anyone at GameHacking.org, not to mention KW, CMP, and other hacking scene sites (and probably even a few GSC members) could attest to this as well.

Rune @ GSC 07-17-2012 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazy Bastard (Post 104235)
Wow, your appearance is certainly an interesting surprise.

Since Rune has decided to sully this thread with both his presence and some serious (false) accusations, I suppose I should at least respond to them, for those who are unaware of the situation.

Everything I have written is above is the facts without any spin on them. Having read what is written below, it is clear that you have re-written history in favour of GameHacking.org. It is rather disgusting and sad.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazy Bastard (Post 104235)
GSCentral.org (not to be confused with the original GSCentral.com, which was under different management and was quite good)

GSCentral.com/.org has always been under my management -- Stinky613 and Crocc were both backbone administrative staff and never guided the website from a content point of view.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazy Bastard (Post 104235)
and GameHacking.org (at the time still known as GSHI.org) had a bit of a flame-war some years back. It kicked off when Rune and a few of his underlings began slurping up all codes that GameHacking.org hackers created.

Not true. Many staff members of GSCentral discovered that many codes were being "re-hacked" or otherwise stolen from the GSC DB and were alarmed that Gamehacking.org did not care and respect the code creators from previous generations. That's what caused a few of the GSCers to start flaming and causing problems at GH. When it was clear that GH/GSHI was not going to give improper credit to the code hackers in the scene, we continued to give proper code credit to the right hackers because it was the right thing to do. This is something I find you consistantly do not understand... ethics 101.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazy Bastard (Post 104235)
This continued on without much complaint from us, aside from the occasional snicker that GSCentral had stooped to the new low of just lifting codes from other places, rather than hacking anything of their own.

More bull. GSHI/GH has barely scratched the surface of what GSCentral has accomplished, both in the past and in the present. Most of "your" hacks originate from the stolen GSCentral (2007) database. I am speaking of thousands to millions of codes.

(The whole scene is dying rapidly so it probably doesn't even matter very much at this point.)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazy Bastard (Post 104235)
Then a new thing occurred: Rune began adding codes we'd hacked, but without credit.

Nonsense. Never happened. The proper code credit only exists at GSCentral, specifically GSCentral.org. Any codes that were posted and were re-hacked by someone at a later date were denied code credit in favour of the original hackers. The pages were left untouched so the original authors would receive their dues.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazy Bastard (Post 104235)
This angered several of our hackers, including one very talented person named ugetab (who was quite well known for having created many impressive codes, among other things). ugetab called Rune on this, and Rune and another GSCentral.org member, nensondubois (who seems to legitimately have a mental disorder) responded by counter-accusing ugetab of having been the real code thief.

Nensondubois worked with ugetab but has repeatedly complained over the years that ugetab stole all of the credit for their collaboration. That is why he has refused for years (4?) to post any codes at GH or even visit your website. Is that the sign of someone who is decent and moral? It reflects poorly on your organization for sure.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazy Bastard (Post 104235)
This soon escalated into a full-scale verbal war, carried out on both sites' forums, as well as a 3rd party forum of sorts (I forget which, but it was related to PS2 hacking and wasn't truly a forum).

Yes, since the GSCers at the time disliked you defacing the original code creators. We still do!


Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazy Bastard (Post 104235)
Rune and others from GSCentral.org, including some remnants from GSCentral.com (such as Parasyte and Viper187), sallied forth and leveled their accusations and verbal attacks at GameHacking.org members,

Only after it was clear, dozens of pages later, that the codes were being lifted and the code credit was being given to someone else.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazy Bastard (Post 104235)
Rune, however, remained very child-like about the issue, and resorted to spamming and non-sense replies frequently. After a while, the intelligent members of GSCentral, to include Parasyte, Viper187, Modman, etc, began to notice inconsistencies in Rune's rhetoric.

This is a gross exaggeration. I suspect anyone would be furious if they found another website stealing codes and not giving proper code credit for the original hacker's hard work.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazy Bastard (Post 104235)
For example, Rune claimed that he had added codes to his database before we added them to ours...but public timestamps on both sites and forums, including those cached by Google, clearly proved otherwise.

This is a half-truth. I claimed that codes that were on the Pro Action Replay Code Creators Club were posted years before Ugetab ever "hacked them". The GH website was adding those codes which Ugetab had submitted after they had been hacked by someone else.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazy Bastard (Post 104235)
In the middle of this, Rune apparently had a falling out with his staff, which included Parasyte and Viper187, and locked them all out of the GSCentral.org forums.

The "falling out" was due to the fact that Parasyte had always wanted his own hacking website. Those website members had (and still have) numerous
lifestyle issues and that is why they expressed their dissatisfaction on the boards and directed them at GSCentral instead of making a change. Viper187 lived at home with his parents well into his 20's, not working or even attending school. Parasyte was likely unemployed at the time and heavily in debt.

Most of those members were also in the rebellious teenage years and GSCentral had been functioning smoothly up until the last year before the "falling-out". At the time I had not been guiding the website and the website was so chaotic that members were leaving because of Parasyte/Viper187/Modman's, etc. wild and reckless behaviour. You wouldn't know any of this because you were not there at the time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazy Bastard (Post 104235)
Subsequently, the forums were hacked and defaced, probably by former GSCentral members or staff. Rune then shut down the forums, but brought them back up shortly thereafter, and they were hacked again.

They were shutdown for the weekend because people were flaming each other and needed to calm down.


Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazy Bastard (Post 104235)
Most of the former GSCentral.org staff left to either join GameHacking.org (for example, Parasyte and Viper187 are both currently GameHacking.org staff), or to form KodeWerx.org (Parasyte created this site as a replacement for GSCentral, although most of its member base has since moved to GameHacking.org, or other sites).

Actually, no, this is not necessarily true. Most of the former hackers everywhere have left the scene, mostly out of disgust at the drama that has arisen. Some left because they felt the scene was on the verge of dying, which is another good reason. Some former GSCentral staff went to Kodewerx, which failed within a year, and simply signed up to GH and have lain dormant for years. They barely even log onto their accounts. Anyone can tell. They have clearly outgrown the scene.

It would be a enormous stretch of the imagination to claim that they have been active in the last decade. A handful of posts in 3 years does not really count.


Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazy Bastard (Post 104235)
At some point, former members of GSCentral.org staff dumped a copy of the GSCentral.org database, stating that it belonged to them and the scene at large,

But it never did and never will belong to them. It was never their work per se that got the codes online, formatted, and put into the GSCentral db, etc. The database was illegally stolen from our servers and leaked without the permission of GSCentral. It was never proven that any former GSCentral members hacked into the db and that it was likely an act of a third party who had no concrete knowledge of what was going on from the inside (much like yourself).

Since 2007, the GSCentral database is now easily the most definitive code db in the entire world, surpassing any other on the Internet today. It would be an enormous mistake to go anywhere else for codes!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazy Bastard (Post 104235)
not Rune, and hosted it in several places. One of these places is GameHacking.org. While we do host a copy of BSFree, as it is called (the GSCentral.org code database, without the BS, as it were), we strive to always provide proper code credit therein.

Nonsense again. The codes have been altered and proper code credit has not been achieved. Your work on the db is a gross insult to all who have submitted codes to it.


Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazy Bastard (Post 104235)
Unfortunately, Rune's mangling of the GSCentral database before GSCentral members dumped it caused not only a slew of issues with handling the database itself, but also caused a giant lack of code credit, even in the original version hosted at GSCentral.org.

Actually, wrong once again. The code database at GSCentral.org is fine and the many errors created from the time that it was hosted at GSCentral.com under the moderators/Stinky613/Crocc's supervision I have personally fixed myself. The proper code credit is 100% intact.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazy Bastard (Post 104235)
We've spent countless hours hunting down those authors not mentioned in BSFree, and correcting credit as we could (we continue to do so).

This makes no sense whatsoever. How do you track-down people when the code credit is "Unknown"?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazy Bastard (Post 104235)
Incidentally, BSFree has been slowly integrated with our existing code database, which already contained hundreds of thousands of codes, and this process will be complete with the unveiling of the GameHacking.org site revamp.

Yet both of those databases are missing quite literally hundreds of thousands of codes because you simply stole them from the ancient GSCentral (2007) database.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazy Bastard (Post 104235)
GameHacking.org always considers code credit to be of the utmost importance, as the reason for our site's creation in the first place was to facilitate proper credit for hackers' work, which wasn't being done at the time in places like CMGSCCC.

Except you stripped thousands of codes of proper code credit and are missing many, many games that GSCentral.org has added since 2007.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazy Bastard (Post 104235)
If you'd like additional references to attest to the validity of GameHacking.org's 'side of the story', please contact any of the prominent former members of GSCentral.org, including Parasyte, Viper187, Modman, james0x57, etc.

Of course, contact these individuals that Lazy Bastard knows are biased and most of them were not even on the administrative team at the time that the 'falling out' occurred and half have never been incredibly active at GSCentral.com while the website was even up! ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazy Bastard (Post 104235)
Also, let me know if you'd like a copy of the first major debate that began this 'rivalry' as I made archival copies of the 3rd-party web pages that contained them.

Which aren't even relevant to the fact that Gamehacking.org stole the GSCentral database from 2007 and that "its" database is sorely out of date and should not even be updated anymore.

Rune @ GSC 07-17-2012 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazy Bastard (Post 104236)
Hmm...I hate to do follow-up posts, but I think it's really worth mentioning:

Some time after this initial 'flame war', ugetab, a good friend of mine and a great member of our staff, died, in real life, due to an unexpected brain hemorrhage. Rune took this opportunity to laugh about it, and make insulting comments, even as ugetab's mother was speaking to our members on the GameHacking.org forums.

Except that ugetab was highly rude to nensondubois and would behave like a general jerk to anyone on the GSHI/GH forums while he was alive. Feel free to contact nensondubois and see how he was treated for 'their' collaboration. I am sure he is still angry that ugetab stole his share of the work.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazy Bastard (Post 104236)
Rune would normally just be an annoyance, but given this event and similar ones since then, he is legitimately a bad person, plain and simple. If for any reason my trustworthiness, or that of GameHacking.org comes into question, I can also provide copies of these conversations, and just about anyone at GameHacking.org, not to mention KW, CMP, and other hacking scene sites (and probably even a few GSC members) could attest to this as well.

Sure, bring in other websites who also do not understand the history of GSCentral or how you have stripped hundreds of code creators of proper credit over the years. Most of the people you could bring into this conversation were/are mostly inactive and were not even managing the GSCentral website or are not aware of how you have screwed over countless people in the scene. Good luck with that.

Lazy Bastard 07-17-2012 07:08 PM

As much of your response was repetitive or useless, I will respond to those parts I find relevant.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rune @ GSC
GSCentral.com/.org has always been under my management -- Stinky613 and Crocc were both backbone administrative staff and never guided the website from a content point of view.

You are the only person that I have seen claim this. Everyone else from GSCentral.com (the original) seems to remember things very differently. This would make sense, given that GSCentral.org is quite different from GSCentral.com.


Quote:

Originally Posted by Rune @ GSC
Nensondubois worked with ugetab but has repeatedly complained over the years that ugetab stole all of the credit for their collaboration. That is why he has refused for years (4?) to post any codes at GH or even visit your website. Is that the sign of someone who is decent and moral? It reflects poorly on your organization for sure.

So, nensondubois, a person with virtually no skill or accomplishment to speak of, had his work stolen by ugetab, a veritable genius whose work is well-known in the hacking scene as being very impressive and in-depth? I think that's a little far-fetched. Moreover, no one else agrees with that version of the story. Everyone who knows ugetab is quite sure that nensondubois is 'off his rocker' when it comes to that claim.


Quote:

Originally Posted by Rune @ GSC
This is a half-truth. I claimed that codes that were on the Pro Action Replay Code Creators Club were posted years before Ugetab ever "hacked them". The GH website was adding those codes which Ugetab had submitted after they had been hacked by someone else.

No, no. I'm not referring to your strange accusation that a highly advanced hacker like ugetab stole incredibly simple Infinite Lives-style codes from a web site that doesn't even exist anymore...I'm referring to what everyone in that 'war' saw; our direct display of your having taken codes from our site and added them to yours, with no credit to the hackers, replete with proof via timestamps, including those of Google's cache system. This was a big punch to the stomach to your argument, and the turning point after which GSC members began to cross the floor to GH.org.


Quote:

Originally Posted by Rune @ GSC
The "falling out" was due to the fact that Parasyte had always wanted his own hacking website. Those website members had (and still have) numerous
lifestyle issues and that is why they expressed their dissatisfaction on the boards and directed them at GSCentral instead of making a change. Viper187 lived at home with his parents well into his 20's, not working or even attending school. Parasyte was likely unemployed at the time and heavily in debt.

Most of those members were also in the rebellious teenage years and GSCentral had been functioning smoothly up until the last year before the "falling-out". At the time I had not been guiding the website and the website was so chaotic that members were leaving because of Parasyte/Viper187/Modman's, etc. wild and reckless behaviour. You wouldn't know any of this because you were not there at the time.

So what you're saying is...the most famous and skilled members of your site didn't like your management of the place, but were perfectly content back when they were at GSCentral.com. I agree.


Quote:

Originally Posted by Rune @ GSC
But it never did and never will belong to them. It was never their work per se that got the codes online, formatted, and put into the GSCentral db, etc. The database was illegally stolen from our servers and leaked without the permission of GSCentral. It was never proven that any former GSCentral members hacked into the db and that it was likely an act of a third party who had no concrete knowledge of what was going on from the inside (much like yourself).

Since 2007, the GSCentral database is now easily the most definitive code db in the entire world, surpassing any other on the Internet today. It would be an enormous mistake to go anywhere else for codes!

The GSC code database was open to the world in the first place (except that you broke it for an extremely long time (years?), during which it wasn't even available on your site), and it was comprised of work by hacking scene members going back to the original GSC.com; it was quite definitively the property of the scene. Moreover, if codes can be copied manually from one web site to another (for example, what you do with our codes), there's not much difference in doing so with a database, especially if you're a staff member of that site. Incidentally, the fact that you grab codes from our site as we release them isn't really an issue, so long as you give credit. It's annoying that some newbie might not realize he's visiting a site that is merely an echo of another site, and it's a little pathetic, but if you're giving proper credit, it's fine.

Also, it's still creepy when you toss out GSCentral.org slogans in weird places during conversation. Seriously.


Quote:

Originally Posted by Rune @ GSC
Of course, contact these individuals that Lazy Bastard knows are biased and most of them were not even on the administrative team at the time that the 'falling out' occurred and half have never been incredibly active at GSCentral.com while the website was even up!

Except, these were the best and brightest members of GSC. It makes no sense that all your most skilled members would suddenly agree with me after having spent years at GSC. Granted, people like Demonic722 and Abystus are quite good, but they're also staff members at GameHacking.org.


Quote:

Originally Posted by Rune @ GSC
Which aren't even relevant to the fact that Gamehacking.org stole the GSCentral database from 2007 and that "its" database is sorely out of date and should not even be updated anymore.

Why did you put "its" in quotes? Were you attempting to make fun of incorrect punctuation? If you were, you should pay better attention in English class, because I used the word correctly. An apostrophe would imply a contraction (it-is), which wouldn't make sense in that sentence. Just saying.

Rune @ GSC 07-17-2012 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazy Bastard (Post 104239)
As much of your response was repetitive or useless, I will respond to those parts I find relevant.

You are the only person that I have seen claim this. Everyone else from GSCentral.com (the original) seems to remember things very differently. This would make sense, given that GSCentral.org is quite different from GSCentral.com.

There is almost no one left from GSCentral.com to consult and the people that remain are largely bitter at how their "new GSC" aka Kodewerx failed horribly. I would like to hear from any non-Kodewerx individual who could back up those claims, seeing how most had too little investment into GSCentral from a code perspective to attest to what happened.

The fact that the GSCentral.com and now .org was so successful was a testament to the abilities of the original staff. Parasyte is likely angry at me because he split-off from GSCentral and his website Kodewerx and now realizes that the green is not always greener on the other side. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazy Bastard (Post 104239)
So, nensondubois, a person with virtually no skill or accomplishment to speak of, had his work stolen by ugetab,

nensondubois is a very talented individual who does some impressive music modifier hacks. You should check out his work sometime.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazy Bastard (Post 104239)
I'm referring to what everyone in that 'war' saw; our direct display of your having taken codes from our site and added them to yours, with no credit to the hackers, replete with proof via timestamps, including those of Google's cache system. This was a big punch to the stomach to your argument, and the turning point after which GSC members began to cross the floor to GH.org.

Where is this visual proof? I have yet to see it because it does not exist. Everyone has been given 100% credit since day 1 of GSCentral, way back in January 1998.

Aside, where do you get your class-A drugs because they must be working a little too well! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazy Bastard (Post 104239)
So what you're saying is...the most famous and skilled members of your site didn't like your management of the place, but were perfectly content back when they were at GSCentral.com. I agree.

They didn't like the management of Stinky613 and how he was never around to listen to people. I attempted to keep the website in line but "the most famous and skilled members" (Para, Viper187) were unhappy with their lifestyles and directed that angst at GSCentral inappropriately. :^)


Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazy Bastard (Post 104239)
The GSC code database was open to the world in the first place (except that you broke it for an extremely long time (years?), during which it wasn't even available on your site), and it was comprised of work by hacking scene members going back to the original GSC.com;

It was and still is the proper of GSCentral.


Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazy Bastard (Post 104239)
It's annoying that some newbie might not realize he's visiting a site that is merely an echo of another site, and it's a little pathetic, but if you're giving proper credit, it's fine.

GSCentral has thousands upon thousands of codes that GSHI/GH does not have and will never have. The only echo in the scene is GH. If you removed the GSCentral (2007) db as you have been personally asked multiple times over the years, your website would unveiled as the hollow shell that pales in comparison to the hard work that was done at GSCentral.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazy Bastard (Post 104239)
Except, these were the best and brightest members of GSC. It makes no sense that all your most skilled members would suddenly agree with me after having spent years at GSC. Granted, people like Demonic722 and Abystus are quite good, but they're also staff members at GameHacking.org.

All of those members were bitter with other long-gone administrative and moderator staff. If their angst was directed at myself, it was sorely misplaced as I attempted numerous times to listen to their concerns.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazy Bastard (Post 104239)
Why did you put "its" in quotes? Were you attempting to make fun of incorrect punctuation? If you were, you should pay better attention in English class, because I used the word correctly. An apostrophe would imply a contraction (it-is), which wouldn't make sense in that sentence. Just saying.

"Its" database. ;)

Lazy Bastard 07-17-2012 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rune @ GSC
GSCentral has thousands upon thousands of codes that GSHI/GH does not have and will never have. The only echo in the scene is GH. If you removed the GSCentral (2007) db as you have been personally asked multiple times over the years, your website would unveiled as the hollow shell that pales in comparison to the hard work that was done at GSCentral.

Wait, what? Hardly anyone even looks at the old BSFree DB; most new members of GameHacking.org don't even know it exists, which is the main reason we've been migrating codes from it to our main DB, which is updated regularly with new codes hacked by members and staff. Even after a recent domain name change and the ensuing search engine and indexing issues that occur with such a move, we're still getting more visitors than GSCentral.org, which has used the same domain name since 2005 (even earlier?). What's more, we've produced new content in many other forms, including a functional work-in-progress PS2 hacking system (when no one else could), many other game hacking utilities for Windows and Linux, a large library of hacking guides and related documentation, and plenty of other things. We're in no danger of 'dying', as you've speculated many times in the past half-decade or so.

Rune @ GSC 07-17-2012 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazy Bastard (Post 104241)
Wait, what? Hardly anyone even looks at the old BSFree DB; most new members of GameHacking.org don't even know it exists, which is the main reason we've been migrating codes from it to our main DB, which is updated regularly with new codes hacked by members and staff. Even after a recent domain name change and the ensuing search engine and indexing issues that occur with such a move, we're still getting more visitors than GSCentral.org, which has used the same domain name since 2005 (even earlier?). What's more, we've produced new content in many other forms, including a functional work-in-progress PS2 hacking system (when no one else could), many other game hacking utilities for Windows and Linux, a large library of hacking guides and related documentation, and plenty of other things. We're in no danger of 'dying', as you've speculated many times in the past half-decade or so.

The GSCentral (2007) db is the crux of your site because it was the hard work on many, many people contributing to GSCentral. The codes were mostly added by myself. It doesn't matter if we're talking about GSCentral.com/GSCentral.org since GSCentral was run by Jim Reinhart in January 1998 and the torch was passed unto me unofficially within a week or so. It was a month thereafter that Jim Reinhart made it official that GSCentral was mine to guide to success.

The new content was largely taken from other websites. There are some new inventions but Artemis is a largely incomplete and abandoned project. The other projects, such as a the hacking guides, were also taken from other sources.

Look at how codes are being posted at GSHI/GH. There is a real danger of people growing up and out of the scene within the next 1-2 years.

As for GSCentral, it is here to stay and is constantly growing, even if the scene does die off 'unofficially'.

I just wish you could be honest for once, Lazy Bastard. I am surprised that anyone believes you whatsoever. You actually remind me of my fiancee's room-mate, someone who is clearly borderline psychopathic and is a chronic liar. I just hope one day that you will receive medical assistance for your condition and can apologize for your poor and unethical behaviour in this scene.

Rune @ GSC 07-17-2012 08:28 PM

For those who wish for a quick summary of this long thread:

LB - chronic liar. Do not trust this man!
Rune - I have lied less than 30 times in my whole life. People love me in-person because I am brutally honest and truthful. I strongly dislike people who lie. I also feel that honesty truly is the best policy. I am not seeing honesty being represented here by Lazy Bastard.

Viper187 07-17-2012 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rune @ GSC (Post 104237)

GSCentral.com/.org has always been under my management -- Stinky613 and Crocc were both backbone administrative staff and never guided the website from a content point of view.

What about the ~2 years you disappeared? Who was running it then? Oh yeah, ME. Stinky owned it on paper, Crocc was mainly the Perl guru, and neither of them had time to do much. You and Jim Reinhart may have started GSCentral, but the only thing you ever contributed was stolen codes (mostly from CMGSCCC) and chaos. You always stirred up shit with macrox. You started screwing with things and posting incoherent nonsense when anyone questioned you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rune @ GSC (Post 104237)

Not true. Many staff members of GSCentral discovered that many codes were being "re-hacked" or otherwise stolen from the GSC DB and were alarmed that Gamehacking.org did not care and respect the code creators from previous generations. That's what caused a few of the GSCers to start flaming and causing problems at GH. When it was clear that GH/GSHI was not going to give improper credit to the code hackers in the scene, we continued to give proper code credit to the right hackers because it was the right thing to do. This is something I find you consistantly do not understand... ethics 101.

You mean like you reposting my codes under someone else's name after Crocc removed them? I still remember some jackoff arguing that "rehacking" them was legit.


Quote:

Originally Posted by Rune @ GSC (Post 104237)
Nensondubois worked with ugetab but has repeatedly complained over the years that ugetab stole all of the credit for their collaboration. That is why he has refused for years (4?) to post any codes at GH or even visit your website. Is that the sign of someone who is decent and moral? It reflects poorly on your organization for sure.

For the record. Myself and macrox worked with ugetab in the past and he was a brilliant hacker. Nenso-nonsense would seem to be full of shit.


Quote:

Originally Posted by Rune @ GSC (Post 104237)
The "falling out" was due to the fact that Parasyte had always wanted his own hacking website. Those website members had (and still have) numerous
lifestyle issues and that is why they expressed their dissatisfaction on the boards and directed them at GSCentral instead of making a change. Viper187 lived at home with his parents well into his 20's, not working or even attending school. Parasyte was likely unemployed at the time and heavily in debt.

Most of those members were also in the rebellious teenage years and GSCentral had been functioning smoothly up until the last year before the "falling-out". At the time I had not been guiding the website and the website was so chaotic that members were leaving because of Parasyte/Viper187/Modman's, etc. wild and reckless behaviour. You wouldn't know any of this because you were not there at the time.

Actually, no, this is not necessarily true. Most of the former hackers everywhere have left the scene, mostly out of disgust at the drama that has arisen. Some left because they felt the scene was on the verge of dying, which is another good reason. Some former GSCentral staff went to Kodewerx, which failed within a year, and simply signed up to GH and have lain dormant for years. They barely even log onto their accounts. Anyone can tell. They have clearly outgrown the scene.

The "falling out" was due to the fact you arbitrarily took down the code DB for months for no reason while your retarded brother wrote those garbage scripts to convert it to SQL and failed miserably. Even after it was up, I don't think you had the ability to update the site for months. You just kept updating the old files or something and claiming you were updating despite the fact nothing that people could see actually changed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rune @ GSC (Post 104237)
It would be a enormous stretch of the imagination to claim that they have been active in the last decade. A handful of posts in 3 years does not really count.

So creaitng software to hack PS2 when none ever existed isn't active? I actually kept updating Renegade to work with that one NDS emulator too, mostly for macrox' sake.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rune @ GSC (Post 104237)
But it never did and never will belong to them. It was never their work per se that got the codes online, formatted, and put into the GSCentral db, etc. The database was illegally stolen from our servers and leaked without the permission of GSCentral. It was never proven that any former GSCentral members hacked into the db and that it was likely an act of a third party who had no concrete knowledge of what was going on from the inside (much like yourself).

Since 2007, the GSCentral database is now easily the most definitive code db in the entire world, surpassing any other on the Internet today. It would be an enormous mistake to go anywhere else for codes!

The codes aren't your personal property. That's why all the talent left GSC.org. I poured 100s, maybe 1000s of hours into adding codes to that DB when it was on gscentral.com. I made over 100,000 codes myself, not to mention all the hours I put in adding other peoples' codes, and making software to copy CMGSCCC's codes with proper credit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rune @ GSC (Post 104237)
Nonsense again. The codes have been altered and proper code credit has not been achieved. Your work on the db is a gross insult to all who have submitted codes to it.

Actually, wrong once again. The code database at GSCentral.org is fine and the many errors created from the time that it was hosted at GSCentral.com under the moderators/Stinky613/Crocc's supervision I have personally fixed myself. The proper code credit is 100% intact.

Yet both of those databases are missing quite literally hundreds of thousands of codes because you simply stole them from the ancient GSCentral (2007) database.

Except you stripped thousands of codes of proper code credit and are missing many, many games that GSCentral.org has added since 2007.

The only reason anything is missing or screwed up from that copy of the DB is because your brother couldn't write a decent import script. We knew the DB and what to expect, and we could've helped get it converted right, but you didn't trust anyone. Who exactly made all these errors in the original DB? I paid more attention to proper format than you did.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rune @ GSC (Post 104237)
Of course, contact these individuals that Lazy Bastard knows are biased and most of them were not even on the administrative team at the time that the 'falling out' occurred and half have never been incredibly active at GSCentral.com while the website was even up! ;)

Never been incredibly active? See my 100,000 codes and numerous software hacking tools.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rune @ GSC (Post 104237)
The GSCentral (2007) db is the crux of your site because it was the hard work on many, many people contributing to GSCentral. The codes were mostly added by myself.

REALLY. How many of those did you add without my software to format and copy them 10x easier? The DB was my hard work as much as yours. None of the people who supported GSC.com cared to stick around at GSC.org. Could it be something to do with the management? Oh, isn't that part of the reason GSC.com died to begin with? YOU couldn't get along with anyone, and I seem to remember you getting banned from your own community.

Rune @ GSC 07-17-2012 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viper187 (Post 104244)
What about the ~2 years you disappeared? Who was running it then? Oh yeah, ME. Stinky owned it on paper, Crocc was mainly the Perl guru, and neither of them had time to do much. You and Jim Reinhart may have started GSCentral, but the only thing you ever contributed was stolen codes (mostly from CMGSCCC) and chaos. You always stirred up shit with macrox. You started screwing with things and posting incoherent nonsense when anyone questioned you.

I left for a few months (4-6) to finish school at the time. I have also personally hacked thousands of codes in 'code binges' over the years so I am not sure what this 'contributed nothing' argument is all about.

Macrox and I got along but it was somewhat chaotic. Every last concern I would get an e-mail about and I unfortunately did not have the time to respond to every last one. It was frustrating.

Not sure what you mean by 'screwing with things' unless you meant evolving the GSC forums.


Quote:

Originally Posted by Viper187 (Post 104244)
You mean like you reposting my codes under someone else's name after Crocc removed them? I still remember some jackoff arguing that "rehacking" them was legit.

That was a joke because I recall you were being super defensive and it was only a 5 minutes thing. The actual database never had the codes altered. "Rehacking them" was also a joke never happened and never will. It's 100% original code credit in our database.



Quote:

Originally Posted by Viper187 (Post 104244)
For the record. Myself and macrox worked with ugetab in the past and he was a brilliant hacker. Nenso-nonsense would seem to be full of shit.

How about asking him? He seemed quite staunch and truthful when he told me multiple times that ugetab stole his work.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viper187 (Post 104244)
The "falling out" was due to the fact you arbitrarily took down the code DB for months for no reason while your retarded brother wrote those garbage scripts to convert it to SQL and failed miserably.

They were temporary scripts and were never intended to be there forever. Unfortunately, people have lives and cannot devote 24/7 to re-writing a database that had numerous errors in them that I later had to fix with Rob's/Abystus's assistance

If you had offered to help, perhaps it would have been better?

[QUOTE=Viper187;104244]Even after it was up, I don't think you had the ability to update the site for months. You just kept updating the old files or something and claiming you were updating despite the fact nothing that people could see actually changed.

Again, no offer to assist was there. Everyone was keen to go all NIN for months. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viper187 (Post 104244)
So creaitng software to hack PS2 when none ever existed isn't active? I actually kept updating Renegade to work with that one NDS emulator too, mostly for macrox' sake.

Congratulations, that is one of the few achievements that hasn't been stolen by GH.


Quote:

Originally Posted by Viper187 (Post 104244)
The codes aren't your personal property. That's why all the talent left GSC.org. I poured 100s, maybe 1000s of hours into adding codes to that DB when it was on gscentral.com. I made over 100,000 codes myself, not to mention all the hours I put in adding other peoples' codes, and making software to copy CMGSCCC's codes with proper credit.

You weren't the only contributor. Many other people poured thousands or hundreds of thousands of hours into the upkeep of the website via codes or updates.

All proper code credit remains to this day.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viper187 (Post 104244)
The only reason anything is missing or screwed up from that copy of the DB is because your brother couldn't write a decent import script. We knew the DB and what to expect, and we could've helped get it converted right, but you didn't trust anyone. Who exactly made all these errors in the original DB? I paid more attention to proper format than you did.

I never had any offers from you or Parasyte. Para had left the scene and refused to do anything in any sense of meaning.

I fixed all of the errors so not sure what you mean saying that you fixed more errors than I did.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viper187 (Post 104244)
Never been incredibly active? See my 100,000 codes and numerous software hacking tools.

This was not directed at yourself but rather most of the staff at Kodewerx.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viper187 (Post 104244)
REALLY. How many of those did you add without my software to format and copy them 10x easier? The DB was my hard work as much as yours. None of the people who supported GSC.com cared to stick around at GSC.org.

I have added thousands without programs to use. Your program was awesome so thanks again for that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viper187 (Post 104244)
Could it be something to do with the management? Oh, isn't that part of the reason GSC.com died to begin with? YOU couldn't get along with anyone, and I seem to remember you getting banned from your own community.

.COM died because of numerous reasons, ones that disappeared once the reckless members left for Kodewerx.

rimsky82 07-17-2012 09:19 PM

Rune-

Being a rather new spectator of this war, I've tried to remain neutral. However, there is something I don't understand.

You keep saying that your database was stolen. The codes contained therein did not belong to any website but to the hackers that created them; a notion I'm sure you're familiar with, considering your incessant talk about proper code credit. Considering the ones who copied the database had hacked most of the codes, how can you keep saying that anything was stolen, or that it belonged to GSC in the first place?

I also don't get why you keep bringing that up, considering every code hacked by members at GH are in your database, with or without permission. I may not have that many to my name, yet all of mine end up at GSC almost immediately after I post them, as well as videos showcasing my codes with a GSC intro on youtube. I hadn't said anything to this point about it since you credit my name, but it bugs me that you point fingers at others for doing the same thing.

Can you explain this to me?

Rune @ GSC 07-17-2012 09:28 PM

The people who had stolen the database did not hack all of the codes. From there, your argument has been nullified. I did not steal an entire website's years of work.

FYI, the codes of mine have also ended up in the GH db without my permission yet they are still there, 99% without proper credit. The last 1% are those that I actually posted recently so they weren't stolen like all of the rest were.

rimsky82 07-17-2012 09:38 PM

Viper mentioned that he did most of the "work". How exactly is this false?

I see more fingers, but no answer.

Rune @ GSC 07-17-2012 09:43 PM

Not sure what he means when much of the database was created with these "fingers". I know that Viper did a lot of work and I would never discredit him or his efforts in that regard. However, to the extend that he credits himself I believe is hyperbole.

Lazy Bastard 07-17-2012 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rune @ GSC
FYI, the codes of mine have also ended up in the GH db without my permission yet they are still there, 99% without proper credit. The last 1% are those that I actually posted recently so they weren't stolen like all of the rest were.

You requested that your codes be removed from GameHacking.org years ago, and we removed them. We've always been pretty direct about such things, and if someone genuinely doesn't want their codes in the database, we remove them. The only codes remaining in even the BSFree database that you had any involvement in were those credited to both you and at least one other hacker (joint credit) when we received BSFree. We've left those intact, as the other hackers in question have either confirmed that they're quite happy with having their codes hosted at GameHacking.org, or not responded at all due to not being around anymore, and it would be incorrect and unacceptable to remove your name from the credits.

Viper187 07-17-2012 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rune @ GSC (Post 104247)
The people who had stolen the database did not hack all of the codes. From there, your argument has been nullified. I did not steal an entire website's years of work.

Arguably you did. Myself and many others supported GSCentral.COM and that's where the DB belonged. None of us want anything to do with .ORG.

Rune @ GSC 07-17-2012 10:14 PM

@ LB: Wrong. The codes that I hacked have been stripped of any code credit and are still in the GH db even after I have requested that they be removed.

@ V187: You supported GSCentral and .COM for many years was run largely under my guidance. If you don't wish to support .ORG, that is your choice. But many others support .ORG and the decision to continue under the original leadership before .COM tanked [under other people's leadership].

Rune @ GSC 07-17-2012 10:17 PM

@ LB: This is one example of thousands:

http://gamehacking.org/?s=bsfree2&sys=15&gid=7612

Star Wars Rebel Strike -- I hacked all of those character modifiers. They have been stripped of proper credit. This is one example of thousands of codes that lack the proper code credit in the raped GH/GSC 2007 db.

Lazy Bastard 07-17-2012 10:22 PM

Quote:

@ LB: Wrong. The codes that I hacked have been stripped of any code credit and are still in the GH db even after I have requested that they be removed.
I remember we had this discussion in the past. At first you continued to ignore my request for you to specify any codes which were hacked by you but not properly credited, then you tried to claim credit for codes which were hacked by others, and which more than one person confirmed had been hacked by others.

The problem with someone like yourself claiming credit for codes is that many of these codes were hacked over a decade ago, and the people who originally hacked them are often nowhere to be found. To make matters worse, it is in fact quite easy to hack an "Infinite Lives" code in RAM using an emulator (or a PSX/N64 GSPro, etc), and thus many codes genuinely have been hacked by more than one person, completely independent of one another. Of course, in cases like that, the first person to hack the code should get credit, and that has been done at GameHacking.org as much as humanly possible. But if someone submitted an "Infinite Lives" code for Pizza Monsters 3 for the NES to GameHacking.org ten years ago and has since left the scene, and you arrive far later and claim credit for that code...there's nothing I can or should do for you.

Lazy Bastard 07-17-2012 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rune @ GSC
@ LB: This is one example of thousands:

http://gamehacking.org/?s=bsfree2&sys=15&gid=7612

Star Wars Rebel Strike -- I hacked all of those character modifiers. They have been stripped of proper credit. This is one example of thousands of codes that lack the proper code credit in the raped GH/GSC 2007 db.

OK. Please provide some evidence to support this. Using your current site's database, which you can personally edit, will not suffice. Perhaps someone else from the scene that was around when you released those. Or a 3rd-party site that has timestamps containing those codes (such as forums somewhere, etc). If it can be established that you hacked these codes, I will gladly remove them from the GameHacking.org BSFree database, if that's what you'd like.

As mentioned before, the BSFree database, being a copy of GSC's database at the time of its dumping, was extremely problematic, and we didn't create the original credit documentation - you did, presumably.

Rune @ GSC 07-17-2012 10:27 PM

Which is not the case here. I never claimed credit for any codes that I did not hack. You like to spread baseless falsehoods and are trying to ruin my reputation. It isn't working. GSCentral members, long gone and otherwise, know what I have hacked and have appreciated it. :)

I have specified codes like the ones I have just claimed now and your website has taken no action whatsoever to remedy errors such as the ones I have pointed above.

Besides, Pizza Monsters 3 was the worse in the series.

Rune @ GSC 07-17-2012 10:33 PM

You didn't create the original db but you have since altered the code credit of thousands of codes. :-)

I am making it known clear here so everyone knows how your website functions and what kind of person is running it. Half of what you have said 'happened in the past' never happened at all. This is why GSCentral lives on and will continue to live on for the years to come.

Notice: Incase anyone was wondering, any typos are still there because the Edit Post isn't functioning correctly.

Demonic722 07-17-2012 11:01 PM

I agree with rimsky for the most part. I don't think that an entire database can be "stolen" if those codes belong to the original code hacker. The only act that's considered "stealing" is if GameHacking.org labeled a code that you made with another code hacker's name and as far as I'm concerned, that has not happened.

Personally, I have nothing against you, Rune. I just think that you contradicted yourself a lot in these recent posts and you're not practicing what you're preaching.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rune @ GSC
The people who had stolen the database did not hack all of the codes. From there, your argument has been nullified. I did not steal an entire website's years of work.

FYI, the codes of mine have also ended up in the GH db without my permission yet they are still there, 99% without proper credit. The last 1% are those that I actually posted recently so they weren't stolen like all of the rest were.

[url]http://board.gscentral.org/retro-hacking/9002.htm[/url] (Press F3 and search GMO)
^ This is a thread I viewed awhile ago over at GSC and it seems like there was an altercation between you and Ralf vs GMO. Ralf, a moderator on GSC, was accused of code theft because his Custom ASM Code was exactly the same as dcx2's. Anyone with knowledge of assembly would know that when writing a Custom ASM code, the chances of your code resembling another's is highly unlikely in comparison to a typical RAM Code. Here, it seems as if Ralf used the same instructions, registers, etc. as dcx2.

Anyways, let's get back to this "permission" issue. Later in that thread, GMO clearly stated that GSC no longer has permission to hosts his codes on the site ever.

Here's proof:

http://i.imgur.com/k9xNN.png

Your response to this was:
http://i.imgur.com/yTJYf.png


In the end, GMO was banned from GSC because of this (most likely). GMO later started a [url=http://gamehacking.org/vb/threads/6187-Codes-Posted-to-Website-Databases]thread[/url] on GameHacking.org about this. If that GSC thread is altered, I hope these two images would provide enough evidence.

Rune @ GSC 07-17-2012 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonic722 (Post 104258)
The only act that's considered "stealing" is if GameHacking.org labeled a code that you made with another code hacker's name and as far as I'm concerned, that has not happened.

It has happened already with those codes I have mentioned above and thousands of others. The proper code credit has been stripped away and does in fact exist in the GSCentral.org database. I don't have the time, inclination or even the patience to go around defacing codes. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonic722 (Post 104258)
Personally, I have nothing against you, Rune. I just think that you contradicted yourself a lot in these recent posts and you're not practicing what you're preaching.

I snipped all of the GMO stuff because I didn't want an enormous reply. I am not aware of who was telling the truth or who was lying, or whether there was a miscommunication between Ralf and GMO, etc. I trust Ralf and I know that GMO has been a huge jerk to some people (myself included) in the past. The end result was inconclusive.

I have seen Ralf post literally dozens of original hacks that no one has posted elsewhere. No one has claimed he has stolen any other codes so I have to genuinely believe that he either did not intend to steal anything or there was some sort of 'lost in the translation' scenario going on. As I said, I never found him to be anything but nice to people and he helped port codes to NTSC from PAL/Germany.

With that said, I believe his native tongue is German so it's possible he doesn't understand what was going on. *shrugs*

Quote:

In the end, GMO was banned from GSC because of this (most likely). GMO later started a thread on GameHacking.org about this. If that GSC thread is altered, I hope these two images would provide enough evidence.
I know that GMO just hates GSCentral and there can be nothing done about that. It's been so long that I do not even recall the reason why. I don't recall slighting him but that is a separate thing entirely. He has gone on the record insulting GSCentral without provocation so you will have to ask him for his side of the story. All I know is that Ralf has never let me down and is a reliable code creator.

Lazy Bastard 07-17-2012 11:46 PM

GM0, who by the way has hacked more Wii codes than almost anyone in the scene (not to mention more PS2 codes, among other things) and has been a mainstay of hacking for at least a decade, probably developed a dislike for you and your poor rendition of GSC, during the GH<>GSC 'war' mentioned earlier. If you recall, he posted a thread stating that CMP (which he co-founded with UCF-Codemaster) was born at GameHacking.org (then named GSHI.org), when he and UCF met and decided to create a site dedicated specifically to PS2 hacking. He also stated, "GSHI will ALWAYS have the support of CMP." Your behavior during and immediately after that episode was probably what first irked him about you.

Rune @ GSC 07-17-2012 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazy Bastard (Post 104260)
GM0, who by the way has hacked more Wii codes than almost anyone in the scene (not to mention more PS2 codes, among other things) and has been a mainstay of hacking for at least a decade, probably developed a dislike for you and your poor rendition of GSC, during the GH<>GSC 'war' mentioned earlier. If you recall, he posted a thread stating that CMP (which he co-founded with UCF-Codemaster) was born at GameHacking.org (then named GSHI.org), when he and UCF met and decided to create a site dedicated specifically to PS2 hacking. He also stated, "GSHI will ALWAYS have the support of CMP." Your behavior during and immediately after that episode was probably what first irked him about you.

Again you are bringing in someone who has no idea what history happened before he was even involved directly via Wii hacks and what-not. He missed out on what happened from 1998 easily until as recently as 2008 or even 2010.

I know for sure that I had never slighted him personally until he had cast the first stone. I also know that raving general incoherent babble on the forums and insulting people will not likely result in a happy ending. That is what I personally witnessed when he came over to GSCentral and that is why he is no longer there.

Viper187 07-18-2012 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rune @ GSC (Post 104261)
Again you are bringing in someone who has no idea what history happened before he was even involved directly via Wii hacks and what-not. He missed out on what happened from 1998 easily until as recently as 2008 or even 2010.

Actually, GMO has been around since about 2001. He hacked a ton of shit for GTA3 back in the day.

There's also [url=http://board.gscentral.org/archives/8642.htm]this[/url] glaring example of how you treat people who ask for their stuff to be removed. I never gave you permission to host a copy of Renegade. Your tools page seems to be as broken as the rest of the site, but Renegade is still listed.

Rune @ GSC 07-18-2012 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viper187 (Post 104262)
Actually, GMO has been around since about 2001. He hacked a ton of shit for GTA3 back in the day.

As I wrote earlier, he hasn't been involved directly until within the last year or so when he went around bad-mouthing GSCentral.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viper187 (Post 104262)
There's also this glaring example of how you treat people who ask for their stuff to be removed. I never gave you permission to host a copy of Renegade. Your tools page seems to be as broken as the rest of the site, but Renegade is still listed.

You just answered that question though.. I am not hosting that copy, it is being hosted elsewhere on the Internet and that link is broken due to recent website intrusions.

LiquidManZero 07-18-2012 06:37 AM

Sadly for my first post here... I am feeling the need to invoke something along the lines of being excessively verbose, likely with the post getting skimmed through.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rune @ GSC (Post 104234)
so he renamed it the "BSFree" database and stripped that database of proper code credit to the code creators. The GSCentral.org database is the only one who has credited gamers honestly in the scene today.

I realize Viper187 also commented on this. Though as the guy who handled converting the data to a usable format, I can say a few things. For one your brother's incredibly poor job importing the flat files into MySQL greatly mangled what was left. Including breaking and removing a noticeable amount sloppy crediting had been around to start with. It was obvious quite a few structural typos had been present and zero effort was made to do anything to so much as detect them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rune @ GSC (Post 104234)
Plus, the fact that their website is thousands of codes out of date and that their staff is incapable of adding codes for numerous sections.

[citation needed]. No really. What do you even know about how the internal organs of your own site, much less somebody else's, work?

I realize to you I'm not a reliable person to report this, but it has been observed that the only times the codes on GS Central are updated is after a long outage of the section. Posting game entires on an updates page and then not actually putting the codes up isn't the same as actually updating. I do however also realize that it's remotely possible that has been changed while I've been bothering to pay attention.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rune @ GSC (Post 104242)
The GSCentral (2007) db is the crux of your site because it was the hard work on many, many people contributing to GSCentral.

With the exception of Rune himself, everybody we've managed to contact regarding our use of their codes has been either fine or actually happy that somebody was still doing something with them. Have you, Rune, personally ever asked anybody about this stuff? If so how did people respond?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rune @ GSC (Post 104243)
LB - chronic liar. Do not trust this man!
Rune - I have lied less than 30 times in my whole life. People love me in-person because I am brutally honest and truthful. I strongly dislike people who lie. I also feel that honesty truly is the best policy. I am not seeing honesty being represented here by Lazy Bastard.

Rune, I take it you're accusing LB of pseudologia fantastica, while exhibiting at least two of the primary characteristics stated on Wikipedia for this condition. Yes, I did have to look up the technical term for this condition.


Quote:

Originally Posted by Rune @ GSC (Post 104249)
Not sure what he means when much of the database was created with these "fingers".

This would at least imply a good suspect as to where a great deal of the corruption in the flat files had come from. Despite that questionable Perl tends to behave better than badly written PHP.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rune @ GSC (Post 104257)
You didn't create the original db but you have since altered the code credit of thousands of codes. :-)

This is true. However it was done with the intent of descrambling a mess somebody else made. Which I highly do not expect you to believe.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rune @ GSC (Post 104263)
I am not hosting that copy, it is being hosted elsewhere on the Internet and that link is broken due to recent website intrusions.

If I'm understanding this correctly... Somebody broke into your site (multiple times) and your solution was to delete all of your downloads. Which causes the links to hit broken versions of the site's index page. I honestly had not realized that having files up that people can grab was such a major security risk.

GMO 07-19-2012 04:28 AM

First and foremost I didn't bad mouth GSCentral, I said
Quote:

This doesn't come as a surprise from gscentral, it has been clouded in this type of drama since the 90s
You cannot bad mouth something when your pointing out a straight fact

Then you started with the gay comments
Quote:

Don't get all butt-hurt because you asked Ralf for Gamecube/Wii assistance and he decided not to accept your homosexual advances GMO.

Judge not lest ye be judged yourself. I have yet to see you hack anything worthy of note for Wii GMO. Go crawl back to that dumpster that you call home now.
You mention I haven't hacked anything noteworthy yet your posting my codes on your forums with credit to me...
[url]http://board.gscentral.org/nintendo-wii/53749.htm[/url]

Yet I stated that I want none of my codes to post on GSC and yet you posted my own after all that.

Then I even asked nicely to remove my codes
[URL="http://board.gscentral.org/deep-waters-get-latest-gscentral-org-news/51575.htm#post177116"]http://board.gscentral.org/deep-waters-get-latest-gscentral-org-news/51575.htm#post177116[/URL]

I have no issue with GSC anymore (and no you cannot post my codes), my issue is only with Rune. Not only does he not post proper credits, he does not check if the source is creditable!

[URL="http://www.codemasters-project.net/vb/showthread.php?13708-Bunch-of-Thiefs-.."]http://www.codemasters-project.net/vb/showthread.php?13708-Bunch-of-Thiefs-..[/URL]
A group called "Ps3usercheats" ripped off the Code Freak Engine (PS3 Cheats device) and ripped off their code database, GSC (Rune) credited Ps3usercheats with the codes. Strike 1. Ps3usercheats started ripping the codes of Codemasters-Project and we were not going to have that. GSC (Rune) credits them for those codes as well. Strike 2. Skiller (CMP) posted 3 random codes to bait Ps3usercheats to see if they would steal our codes again.. and they did! They posted fake codes on their site, and GSC (Rune) gave credit to them for non working codes. Strike 3!

Bottom Line, I do NOT want my codes on GSC! I don't think my low intellect handle it the pressure of being on a site that have 3 million hits and count.

Rune @ GSC 07-19-2012 05:01 PM

Lazy Bastard, I would be willing to testify in a court of law and know that what I have said here and in the past about your web site's own behaviour and immaturity would be absolutely true. The information I have read of yours is largely falsifications and never happened or have been warped completely out of any applicable context. I was there and you were not. You may have.been successful in fooling ZD staff but I you have never fooled me or others I have spoken to about your true character. I am just glad I do not know you personally as you seem like a person who would sell his own mother for a buck.

Aside, the incident with GMO started way before he posted on GSCentral and I refuse to deal with his poor behaviour as well.

Lazy Bastard 07-19-2012 06:34 PM

What exactly do you think I've lied about? And who are these people you refer to? I've been able to consistently point out your dishonesty and hypocrisy, and not only have I mentioned a slew of actual people who can attest to what I've said, but many of them have showed up in this very thread to agree and point out even more events I'd neglected to mention. Moreover, most of them are prominent members of the scene with real accomplishments under their belts, years of experience and reputations of producing great codes, tools, and discoveries. Yet, they're willing to come here, and put their names to statements denouncing you. What does that say? Now you read the news of an affiliation between two important sites, and you get jealous and come whine about it, in an apparent attempt to discredit one of them to the other? What kind of person does that, other than a child throwing a fit?

To summarize, you are the unwanted captain of a sinking ship. The staff and leading members of every other major site in the video game hacking scene consider you scum, and you can scarcely get another member of your own site to defend you. Last time you tried, years ago, most of them ended up crossing the floor when they noticed you were clearly and demonstrably wrong. The site you now run soils the name of the original site it was meant to be a copy of. You mentioned once to dlong, another former GSC member who left in disgust, that you would never leave GSC, and he responded that he believed you, and that was what worried him the most: that you had a serious mental problem and wouldn't abandon the site even if it died, but would instead become more and more unstable until you had a breakdown. It took me a while to come around, but now I tend to agree with him.

I don't know what else to say. I think that covers everything.

Rune @ GSC 07-19-2012 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazy Bastard (Post 104275)
What exactly do you think I've lied about? And who are these people you refer to? I've been able to consistently point out your dishonesty and hypocrisy,

Almost everything you have brought forth in this thread and in our past conversations has been a lie. Let me roughly define what is a lie: any deviation on what actually happened in the past or present, what people have said or done, or the motives of individuals. There are far too many examples for me to sort through but anyone is welcome to read what I have written since I was actually in these scenarios and lived through it, unlike Parasyte, Viper, Dlong, etc. who left for periods of time or took up permanent residence in IRC at the time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazy Bastard (Post 104275)
and not only have I mentioned a slew of actual people who can attest to what I've said, but many of them have showed up in this very thread to agree and point out even more events I'd neglected to mention.

Except its a case of the pot calling the kettle black or the individuals you have brought up are mentally unstable themselves or have ulterior motives. Let's go through the list: Parasyte has been unstable ever since he lost his father and transformed from Kong K. Rool into the despicable and condescending "Parasyte"; I worked alongside Dlong and heard through lemmayoshi that he has been in rehab or similar, hence his erratic behaviour and flame wars throughout the years; GMO, as you mentioned, has strong ties with CMP and would love to see you monopolize the cheatcode scene and has stirred the pot against GSC before I was ever involved; Viper has been living at home and jobless for years, while quite intelligent, is bitter about everything and anything and is likely undiagnosed bipolar II and has been like that as far back as I can remember; Liquidmanzero also has strong ties to your website and seems to also be warping the truth, so of course he will beat the drum and follow along.

'The birds of the same feather flock together', as they say. That is why GSCentral has only kept staff who are 100% loyal and honest and kept the bad apples out. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazy Bastard (Post 104275)
Moreover, most of them are prominent members of the scene with real accomplishments under their belts, years of experience and reputations of producing great codes, tools, and discoveries.

See above. The people you have mentioned have had serious problems over the years and would not be able to bare witness in the court of law due to their 'difficulties'.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazy Bastard (Post 104275)
Yet, they're willing to come here, and put their names to statements denouncing you.

It seems the people who you have chosen to come forward are willing to throw mud like bitter former employees. There is always going to be someone who will do that.


Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazy Bastard (Post 104275)
What does that say? Now you read the news of an affiliation between two important sites, and you get jealous and come whine about it, in an apparent attempt to discredit one of them to the other? What kind of person does that, other than a child throwing a fit?

Not a child but as a man who remembers that Zophar's Domain was an awesome website back then and I would hate to see your scum and villainy tarnish it with lies and negative vibes. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazy Bastard (Post 104275)
To summarize, you are the unwanted captain of a sinking ship. The staff and leading members of every other major site in the video game hacking scene consider you scum,

Hahaha! It's not a sinking ship. If you would look at Alexa or any other website which tallies more than just the USA, GSCentral is doing better than it has in years! Just remember that a loyal captain always goes down with his ship and our ship and crew are doing well!

** I do not consider the opinions of others if they are found to be questionable or bias. **

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazy Bastard (Post 104275)
and you can scarcely get another member of your own site to defend you.

My staff knows that I am telling the truth and that I don't need anyone else to back me up. Only weak people such as yourself would need that. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazy Bastard (Post 104275)
Last time you tried, years ago, most of them ended up crossing the floor when they noticed you were clearly and demonstrably wrong.

Are you serious? They left because they had a lust for power and wanted to seize it. (ie. Kodewerx) They were more angry with themselves and their absolute failure in life (Dlong, Viper, Parasyte, etc.) than with GSCentral. GSCentral was a convenient excuse and target. Have you noticed how little most of those former members actually contribute to the scene over the last 3 - 5 years? There you go.


Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazy Bastard (Post 104275)
The site you now run soils the name of the original site it was meant to be a copy of.

I guess you would know all about the fouling and soiling, wouldn't you? Since you are the person who spreads lies and strife and all. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazy Bastard (Post 104275)
You mentioned once to dlong, another former GSC member who left in disgust, that you would never leave GSC, and he responded that he believed you, and that was what worried him the most:

Yeah, it's called loyalty to a principle, of doing what is just, two things I long ago realized you won't ever understand. Parasyte made the same verbal commitment before .COM of never leaving went down but clearly he couldn't be trusted (like yourself) either.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazy Bastard (Post 104275)
that you had a serious mental problem and wouldn't abandon the site even if it died, but would instead become more and more unstable until you had a breakdown. It took me a while to come around, but now I tend to agree with him.

More and more unstable? I am literally inches away from having my degree, I have an awesome fianceť who rocks and my financials are great. I am not at all surprised Dlong, the who is truly unstable, would say such a thing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazy Bastard (Post 104275)
I don't know what else to say. I think that covers everything.

I'm sure you'll find more lies or half-truths or garbage to post here so take five minutes and imagine more junk to post. :D

Lazy Bastard 07-19-2012 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rune @ GSC
I'm sure you'll find more lies or half-truths or garbage to post here so take five minutes and imagine more junk to post.

Nope, I've got nothing. As everyone else but you has agreed, I've told the truth, and like I said above, I think I've pretty much said it all.

I will however make fun of your use of the word 'literally'.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rune @ GSC
I am literally inches away from having my degree,

Do you mean that you were typing that response as you reached out your hand to accept your diploma? If so, that's some serious dedication to the scene. I don't think I can compete with that.

Rune @ GSC 07-19-2012 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazy Bastard (Post 104277)
Nope, I've got nothing. As everyone else but you has agreed, I've told the truth, and like I said above, I think I've pretty much said it all.

I will however make fun of your use of the word 'literally'.

I will quote NOFX because at this point I've made it clear I'd testify in court to the accuracy of what I have written now and before. I would go as far as to swear my soul on my words. GSCentral has founded on honesty and under my leadership, that has never wavered:

There's no point for democracy when ignorance is celebrated
Political scientists get the same one vote as some Arkansas inbred
Majority rule, don't work in mental institutions
Sometimes the smallest softest voice carries the grand biggest solutions



Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazy Bastard (Post 104277)
Do you mean that you were typing that response as you reached out your hand to accept your diploma? If so, that's some serious dedication to the scene. I don't think I can compete with that.

Better luck next time.

GMO 07-19-2012 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rune @ GSC (Post 104274)
Aside, the incident with GMO started way before he posted on GSCentral and I refuse to deal with his poor behaviour as well.

What incident would that be? I'd definitely like to read what fiction you come up with. as for you comment that I threw the first stone is funny, because if you read your own forum, it was you who throw the first stone with your gay comments and it was your moderator who stole codes and admitted to it. If memory serves me correctly GSC is your website and you don't have to treat no one with respect was it.

I see my codes are on GSC, do you have an ETD when they are going to be removed? Honest question, I don't want you to look bad in front of your affiliate. I wonder if their is a LACK of Wii code updates or Wii Hackers from your site. I am sorry without ZiT posting you have no updates but to steal from the WiiRd Database. Shame.

I wonder if your are going to avoid that question again...

Nobody cares if you like my behavior because the facts are their and you openly admitted you don't like my style.
I am telling you right now, no one likes your fiction. :flipoff:

You said you Zophar's was an awesome site and you didn't want it to have a negative vibe. Funny to everyone but all your posts have been negative here. Defend yourself all you want, you have been the number one source of negativity since the thread started.

You defined what a lie was but you didn't give proper credit for posting the definition or source where you got it from, I'll assume you stole it from somewhere. :nono:

You can claim all you want to testify in court, it would never make it that far. Unless your a game company or game publisher you are just making false hope and spreading your hot air. There is only some much you can do with intellectual property in a court of law. Been there :flipoff:

Rune @ GSC 07-19-2012 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMO (Post 104281)
What incident would that be? I'd definitely like to read what fiction you come up with. as for you comment that I threw the first stone is funny, because if you read your own forum,

Have you already forgotten the comments you made on other forums? You did cast the first stone.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMO (Post 104281)
I see my codes are on GSC, do you have an ETD when they are going to be removed?

Yes. Feel free to PM me on GSCentral about it. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMO (Post 104281)
You said you Zophar's was an awesome site and you didn't want it to have a negative vibe. Funny to everyone but all your posts have been negative here. Defend yourself all you want, you have been the number one source of negativity since the thread started.

Except when GSHI arrived and fouled the air. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMO (Post 104281)
You defined what a lie was but you didn't give proper credit for posting the definition or source where you got it from, I'll assume you stole it from somewhere. :nono:

LOL! I did say I was going to define it myself and went ahead and did so. You clearly lack contextual understanding.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMO (Post 104281)
You can claim all you want to testify in court, it would never make it that far. Unless your a game company or game publisher you are just making false hope and spreading your hot air. There is only some much you can do with intellectual property in a court of law. Been there :flipoff:

So you've been convicted in court? How is this supposed to help your cause and not mine?

GMO 07-19-2012 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rune @ GSC (Post 104282)
So you've been convicted in court? How is this supposed to help your cause and not mine?

My experience versus your lack on knowledge. You sound just like a parrot constant repeating yourself "in the court of law." You should study law or become a lawyer, maybe you watch one too many judge shows

Rune is lame, bias, and is scum down to the bottom of the earth. PERIOD! I will not saying nothing more to him or about him and you can quote me on that! 07/19/2012

Gamehacking.org and Zophar.net becoming affiliates is a wonderful thing. So many of the hacking guides on GH utilize the emulators found on Zophar, and by far GH has the most code and technical support for it. Congratulations to Lazy Bastard on being a content manager for being able to finally update so many blank areas on Zophar that NO ONE could fill it! I donít even see any other site tackling Android and iOS. Zophar couldnít have chosen a better person and the best part of the code support is that people are actually submitting the codes to the site and posting them on the forums and not just going to site to site stealing them without permission!

Rune @ GSC 07-20-2012 04:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMO (Post 104283)
Rune is lame, bias, and is scum down to the bottom of the earth. PERIOD! I will not saying nothing more to him or about him and you can quote me on that! 07/19/2012
(blah, etc.)

Great! If you only knew how wrong you are and that I am telling nothing but the truth, you'd be so humiliated by this statement of fact that you would never leave the house. LB is stacking lies upon the lies upon each previous statement (like a deck of cards) and you don't even begin to question them. You are far too content to believe in what people tell you is true! :-)

Ignorance is truly bliss.

I am grateful that one day I will be proven right, it might not be this year, it may not ever occur to you your lifetime, but I know that I am not the one lying here.

Montie2k 07-20-2012 11:39 AM

And with this post, it sounds like a good way to wrap up this conversation. Please take your in-fighting elsewhere.


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:05 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.