Zophar's Message Domain

Zophar's Message Domain (http://www.zophar.net/forums/index.php)
-   General Emulation (http://www.zophar.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   psx emulator trouble (http://www.zophar.net/forums/showthread.php?t=9665)

evilkinevils 09-18-2008 05:30 AM

psx emulator trouble

hey im trying to run a play station 2 game on my psx emulator. i have a dvd drive (kinda obvious), and i have the scph70021 bios. the error that comes up says "CD not usable: unable to read CD with any driver"

can anyone help me with this

Reaper man 09-18-2008 06:59 AM

waaait, WHAAAT?!

you're saying that you are trying to run a PS2 game on a fucking PSX emulator?!

HAHAHAHAHA

sorry, just wow. To see just how stupid that is, find a standard playstation, and try to load a PS2 game in there and see how far you get.

Umiliphus 09-18-2008 07:50 AM

That's possibly ignorance more than stupidity. After all, "x" is generally seen as a variable when used in a place where one expects a number. I was initially confused when I encountered the abbreviation "psx" on this internet, and I still don't understand it.

Reaper man 09-18-2008 08:31 AM

huh, valid point, but I believe it's a rather well known fact that PSX is referring to the fist playstation

evilkinevils 09-18-2008 10:31 AM

see i didnt know that because the psx configuration has an option for a playstation 2 bios.

also im told by many people that psx or epsx is best for running ps2 games

okay then what would you recommend for running play station two games

ToastyCheesy 09-18-2008 02:24 PM

PCSX2

it can be found in the emulator section

The 9th Sage 09-18-2008 03:02 PM

pSX and ePSXe can't run PS2 games. O_o

Reaper man 09-18-2008 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evilkinevils (Post 82759)
see i didnt know that because the psx configuration has an option for a playstation 2 bios.

also im told by many people that psx or epsx is best for running ps2 games

okay then what would you recommend for running play station two games

huh, ok, you aren't as stupid as I thought, so forgive my jackassery.

here's the lowdown on pSX. yes there is support for PS2 emulation, BUT it is in it's very early stages. From what I recall, it only runs one game, and not very well. from what I've heard, PSXAuthor has been working on the PS2 side of pSX so I'm betting by next release there will be a noticable improvement in PS2 emulation. Just keep checking here (main page) for updates.

and as said previously, PCSX2 is going to be your best bet for PS2 emulation, but you are going to need something rather beefy in order to get any decent results.

evilkinevils 09-18-2008 09:30 PM

yea i think thats a problem for me cause i got the pcsx2 emulator and i got the scph32001 bios and all that but when i try to run the game it crashes on me so i think i need a better computer :(

Reaper man 09-18-2008 11:56 PM

t'would be a good idea to post your specs then and what settings you are using