Zophar's Message Domain

Zophar's Message Domain (http://www.zophar.net/forums/index.php)
-   Site Questions / Suggestions (http://www.zophar.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Delete the non-working news posters, and a list of the staff members (http://www.zophar.net/forums/showthread.php?t=9447)

Rattlehead 09-10-2008 03:39 AM

Wait...so we can post news about game systems, and not just the emulators and the like?

Cornellius 09-10-2008 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rattlehead (Post 82405)
Wait...so we can post news about game systems, and not just the emulators and the like?

Well, I'm for it, because emulators aren't as active as they used to be.

Rattlehead 09-10-2008 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cornellius (Post 82410)
Well, I'm for it, because emulators aren't as active as they used to be.

It sounds like an awesome idea, but I'd be a little skittish of doing it until Edman (or whoever the hell is running the site right now) gives me the all-clear.

Umiliphus 09-10-2008 11:51 PM

Edman hasn't even logged into the forum in a month, much less issued any edicts. I think it's safe to assume he either really trusts his content managers or simply does not care what they do.
Unless he's been kidnapped, murdered, or worse, but I generally wait for the second full month of absence to suspect that.

Iconoclast 09-11-2008 12:24 AM

Before he went on vacation he assigned some super moderators, so he probably does trust them pretty well. It sure looked like he cared. I never got why many forum admins attend their own forums infrequently; I know they all had optimism in common.

Since not all emulation- or system-related discoveries and inventions are published it could be wise to consistently post news on only emulator updates.

Cornellius 09-11-2008 12:54 AM

Well, in my opinion, anything that is "video games" related is fine.

Umiliphus 09-11-2008 01:01 AM

I suppose he'd have to care to pay money for such a thing, ehhh?
Well whatever the case is I don't think it's worth waiting for that person to reappear and approve or nay-say minor changes in policy because it doesn't look like he's going to very soon.

Rattlehead 09-12-2008 10:20 PM

Well...okay, then. That brings me to another question. Would major non-hardware news, such as when Final Fantasy XIII was announced for the Xbox 360, be considered postable news? I think posts about massively popular franchises (i.e.: Super Mario Bros., Halo, Final Fantasy, etc.) would be okay, right?

Iconoclast 09-12-2008 10:43 PM

Perhaps instead a Gaming News forum.

Cornellius 09-12-2008 10:53 PM

I'm with Rattlehead on this one. I'm for posting any games related news on the main page. If you're posting only about emulators, the main page won't be updated often because emulators aren't as active as they used to be. News like "PS3 price drop annouced", or "Final Fantasy XIII to be out the (insert date)", or even "New Wii firmware available", are very pertinent news.

Either rename "Emulation news" to "Gaming news", or create a new forum called "Gaming news".