Zophar's Message Domain

Zophar's Message Domain (http://www.zophar.net/forums/index.php)
-   Talk of the Town (http://www.zophar.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Favorite Metroid Prime (http://www.zophar.net/forums/showthread.php?t=9796)

Cornellius 10-11-2008 06:42 PM

Favorite Metroid Prime

My favorite is the 2nd Metroid Prime.

Reaper man 10-11-2008 06:54 PM

never played them, so went and made an option for that, for I am sure that there are others like me who haven't. I'd play it if it was somehow ported to PC though, but that's never going to happen.

Cornellius 10-11-2008 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper man (Post 83398)
never played them, so went and made an option for that, for I am sure that there are others like me who haven't. I'd play it if it was somehow ported to PC though, but that's never going to happen.

Wait, you have a Wii right ? Get the GameCube discs, the 1st and 2nd ones are cheap now, since they're greatest hits, or whatever Nintendo calls them.

retroguiden 10-11-2008 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper man (Post 83398)

Me too. I recently bought a PS2, that's how modern I am in my gaming. When GC-emulation catches up I'll probably check them out.

The 9th Sage 10-11-2008 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cornellius (Post 83403)
Wait, you have a Wii right ? Get the GameCube discs, the 1st and 2nd ones are cheap now, since they're greatest hits, or whatever Nintendo calls them.

Actually, better yet, they are going to be releasing Wii-makes with 'enhanced' graphics (well the Pikmin wiimake is anyway) as well as wiimote controls. I presume they will be bargin priced.

Reaper man 10-11-2008 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cornellius (Post 83403)

I won't play them for the simple fact that I don't play FPS games on console do to the inferior controls

The 9th Sage 10-11-2008 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper man (Post 83422)
I won't play them for the simple fact that I don't play FPS games on console do to the inferior controls

That is why the Wiimakes would be nice...Metroid Prime 3 controls great (easily better than the analog sticks), I assume controls would be similar to MP3 for Wiimakes of Metroid Prime 1 and 2.

Cornellius 10-11-2008 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper man (Post 83422)

Ah, it's because you're not good enough with the controls. I love them, both with the controller and the Wii-mote. I felt I had complete control on Samus while playing. It's fun to play and never need to watch on which button you're pressing.

symbolic X 10-12-2008 01:18 PM

After Sony PlayStation came out after Super Nintendo, I stopped playing anything Nintendo after that. I never been a big fan of N64, GameCube, even Wii - nor that I learned or got comfortable with the controllers each console had. I choose the fourth, sorry.

Umiliphus 10-12-2008 02:14 PM

I'll give any Metroid a chance, when I get a chance. But verily, I never had much of an opportunity to do anything with a game-cube. If I've had distrust for modern consoles in general, I wouldn't single out Nintendo for inspiring it. For the most part I've had no idea what any of those xcubestation bozos have been doing.