Zophar's Message Domain

Zophar's Message Domain (http://www.zophar.net/forums/index.php)
-   Talk of the Town (http://www.zophar.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   What games are you playing lately? (http://www.zophar.net/forums/showthread.php?t=13955)

The 9th Sage 04-23-2010 02:01 AM

What games are you playing lately?

I was thinking about this, and decided to ask you all what games you've been playing lately. I guess I'll list some stuff (I have way too much right now, have kind of an overload since my PC was messed up for a while and I couldn't play PC games well). Guess I just feel like talking about video games. :P

Lately for me, I've been playing Infinite Space on the DS (it's an RPG/Space Opera...ship battles are realtime, and you end up with a huge crew and up to at least 4 or 5 ships that you can customize quite a lot)

On the Wii I've got Fragile Dreams. Combat can be kind of slow, but if you want a really atmospheric story driven action RPG (one that actually has a damn good story and characters) then you should check it out. Also, I'm doing my best at playing Shiren the Wanderer, which is a rouge-like. I really liked the DS Shiren, and this seems to be more of the same awesomeness.

On the PC, I've got Beat Hazard (this is what Audiosurf would be if it were a shooter...it generates levels from your music) and Aquaria. Aquaria is excellent. It's a beautiful 2D action/adventure game that kind of reminds me of Zelda and Metroid smashed together, in a good way. And also, under the sea (you should check out the demo).

I've also been playing Tidalis, by Arcen Games. It's a really great puzzle game, again, check out the demo of it on their website. That would go a long way to describing it better than I would. There are different colored blocks, each with an arrow. When you click on a block, it sends out a 'stream' (like a spark) in the direction of the arrow. This stream ignores blocks of other colors, but when it hits a block of the same color, it goes in the direction of the arrow on it (it can travel up to 3 spaces without a block of it's color). You can change the arrow direction. If it hits up to at least 3 of it's color, you'll start a chain reaction...after a bit those blocks will disappear. When the block above the one that disappeared falls down the now empty space and hits the bottom, it'll send out a stream itself. This means that once you get good, you can keep on chaining these together and get a high score.

Anyway, it's really fun. :P Enough of me talking, I want to hear what you guys have been playing lately.

Maximum Potion 04-23-2010 02:27 AM

Well, right now I'm in the middle of Resident Evil 1 (GC), Dragon Warrior IV (NES) and Megaman Zero (GBA).

I have plans to play Dragon Quest V, and Fire Emblem 4 in the near future, and I will be playing Metroid: Other M as soon as it comes out.

Reaper man 04-23-2010 02:57 AM

Currently? Quake Live and Half Life 2: Episode 2

Also, sticky.

Burzy 04-23-2010 05:01 AM

Ashen Empires still when I have time (almost level 109 on my beefy con warrior :D), and I'm currently checking out the FFVI Last Hope: All*Stars patch. The game that's keeping me busiest of all? Finding a better job than the one I have now xD

Reaper man 04-23-2010 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burzy (Post 98914)
The game that's keeping me busiest of all? Finding a better job than the one I have now xD

Well, can't blame you on that one. ;p

Burzy 04-23-2010 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper man (Post 98917)
Well, can't blame you on that one. ;p

Actually Brad, I'm not doing CrApple stuff anymore. I'm working for something far far worse:

Covad.... *shudders* most innefficient crew i've ever worked for. I'd GLADLY go back to CrApple

The 9th Sage 04-23-2010 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maximum Potion (Post 98912)
Well, right now I'm in the middle of Resident Evil 1 (GC), Dragon Warrior IV (NES) and Megaman Zero (GBA).

I have plans to play Dragon Quest V, and Fire Emblem 4 in the near future, and I will be playing Metroid: Other M as soon as it comes out.

Hm, how IS Megaman Zero anyway? It always looked kind of interesting, but I never played it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper man (Post 98913)
Currently? Quake Live and Half Life 2: Episode 2

Hm, you like to play a lot of shooters, don't you? Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Burzy 04-23-2010 03:43 PM

I personally thought megaman zero was pretty cool. The art style really threw me off at first, but It's a fun remodeling of the franchise while keeping core elements intact, with a refreshing amount of new schemes.

The 9th Sage 04-23-2010 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burzy (Post 98927)
I personally thought megaman zero was pretty cool. The art style really threw me off at first, but It's a fun remodeling of the franchise while keeping core elements intact, with a refreshing amount of new schemes.

I hear some kind of DS collection of the games is going to come out, maybe I should keep an eye out for it.

Maximum Potion 04-23-2010 07:19 PM

I have only played Megaman Zero 1 and 4. 1 was a little different from traditional Megaman games (there aren't 8 mavericks on a screen to beat, but rather missions), but 4 has 8 areas each controlled by a maverick.

I Like the series. It takes all of the elements of MMX (which I love), and adds parts for upgrades, special powers from something called a cyber elf (I'm pretty sure I missed somehting on that one), and easy access of both buster and sabre. It is a slightly difficult game, but any MMX veteran will do just fine.

The story is much darker than the X series, and much of the world has been destroyed. 4 in particular has a semi post apocalyptic setting.

Reaper man 04-23-2010 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The 9th Sage (Post 98924)
Hm, you like to play a lot of shooters, don't you? Not that there's anything wrong with that.

I've been on a shooter fix ever since I built my new PC, since I can, you know, play them now, so I've been giving RPGs and the like a bit of a break.

shawn 04-23-2010 10:22 PM

MedianXL Diablo 2 expansion mod.

AkaneJones 04-24-2010 11:24 AM

SMT: Strange Journey
Trying to Kick Ballos' ass in Cave Story
Uhm... I was doing a Hard mode run of Mega Man 10, but haven't gotten back to it
Oh and I was supposed to finish Kisuke's Story in Muramasa but was interrupted by MM10. Haven't touched a few things, Fragile Dreams included.

pipes 04-24-2010 12:55 PM

After exams, Battlefield Bad Company 2

schmocke 04-24-2010 02:19 PM

Im riveted by "Prof. Layton and the Curious Village" on DS right now, around Puzzle 60 yet. Thats quite an awesome game. Although its a singleplayer game, I play it together with a friend because two brains are better than one for the hard riddles and its much more fun than walking alone through St. Mystere (the Curious Villages name..).
Ive also tried "Scribblenauts", but the german translation is a pain in the ass - theyve translated many words like Google translator which often makes no sense at all in german, since these words would never be used - that fact makes it sometimes impossible to summon the right stuff. But you can switch Scribblenauts to English, and in return Ill have to use a dictionary.

Cornellius 04-24-2010 07:54 PM

Metal Gear Solid 3
Metal Gear Solid 1
Metal Gear Solid 2
Metal Gear Solid 4

In that order.

The 9th Sage 04-25-2010 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AkaneJones (Post 98941)
SMT: Strange Journey
Trying to Kick Ballos' ass in Cave Story
Uhm... I was doing a Hard mode run of Mega Man 10, but haven't gotten back to it
Oh and I was supposed to finish Kisuke's Story in Muramasa but was interrupted by MM10. Haven't touched a few things, Fragile Dreams included.

Ah yes, well same for me in Cave Story as well. :) Strange that I didn't think of it the other day.

The 9th Sage 04-26-2010 03:15 PM

New one today: "Grill Off with Ultra Hand" :D

elhector 04-30-2010 09:00 PM

Playing Lots of Stuff

Currently I'm playing:

Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare (Wii)
Mega Man 10 (Wii)
Infinite Space (DS)
Legend of Zelda: Links Awakening DX (GBC)
Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages (GBC)
Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
Legend of Zelda: Twighlight Princess (Wii)
Zelda II: The Adventure of Link (NES)
New Super Mario Bros. Wii
Balloon Fight (NES) (I know this is a weird one, but I'm an addict, I have a problem :-P)

As you can see I'm on a Zelda kick for some reason. Zelda is probably my favorite franchise though. I think I was 13 or 14 the last time I played through Links Awakening and I'm 29 now, so the game actually feels pretty fresh, I don't have everything memorized like I do with other Zelda games.

Infinite Space is pretty sweet, just started playing that a few nights ago.

As soon as I'm finished playing Modern Warfare I'm going to jump into the Metroid Prime Trilogy set for the Wii. I bought it months ago and it's still sitting their with it's shrink wrap on. Multiplayer Modern Warfare is addicting though...

elhector 04-30-2010 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The 9th Sage (Post 98972)
New one today: "Grill Off with Ultra Hand"

How is "Grill Off with Ultra Hand"? I'm still debating on spending some of my coins on it or not.

The 9th Sage 05-02-2010 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elhector (Post 99088)
How is "Grill Off with Ultra Hand"? I'm still debating on spending some of my coins on it or not.

Actually, surprisingly fun (it can get pretty challenging too). I'm enjoying it quite a bit actually. Keep in mind it's not a super long game...it's more of an arcadey beat your high score kind of game.

grabs123 05-05-2010 09:26 AM

http://images.1888freeonlinegames.co...screenshot.jpg

Ahm..I am playing Resident Evil 3 (PSX) 'cause Jill Valentine is so hot :)...

CollinFalling 05-07-2010 02:06 AM

I've been stuck with Halo 3 for the longest time now. It's great for short bursts between classes (as well as relieving stress during finals week). Started the Reach Beta too which isn't half bad.
And I occasionally play New Super Mario Bros with my girl.

For the summer, though, I have mad plans! On top of working, fixing up my Firebird, I plan on finally beating Majora's Mask.

That game has just been the ugly duckling of the series to me and I've never got past the first temple. I know when I get to the meat of the story I'll enjoy it...it's just a matter of doing it.
I actually attempted to get into it over Christmas but my Gamecube version kept on crashing on my Wii. Words of wisdom: do not use cMIOS on your Wii or MM will crash when you face the skull kid.

The 9th Sage 05-07-2010 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CollinFalling (Post 99235)
I actually attempted to get into it over Christmas but my Gamecube version kept on crashing on my Wii. Words of wisdom: do not use cMIOS on your Wii or MM will crash when you face the skull kid.

Yeah...seems like the emulator on that version is kind of buggy (though I don't think it's meant to crash like that ;). You're probably best off paying a few bucks and getting the Wii VC version.

CollinFalling 05-07-2010 12:49 PM

I had installed Waninkoko's cMIOS to see if I could play some of my backup Gamecube games (it works).
The problem, though, is when I went to play the original disc version of The Legend of Zelda - Collectors Edition with cMIOS, MM would always crash at a certain spot. Revert back to the original MIOS, the game works like a champ most of the time.
The emulator for that version is pretty crappy. I've found turning off the rumble generally gets rid of most of the crashing. It wouldn't be so much of a problem but MM has a weird save system so you would lose most of your stuff.

The 9th Sage 05-07-2010 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CollinFalling (Post 99245)
I had installed Waninkoko's cMIOS to see if I could play some of my backup Gamecube games (it works).
The problem, though, is when I went to play the original disc version of The Legend of Zelda - Collectors Edition with cMIOS, MM would always crash at a certain spot. Revert back to the original MIOS, the game works like a champ most of the time.
The emulator for that version is pretty crappy. I've found turning off the rumble generally gets rid of most of the crashing. It wouldn't be so much of a problem but MM has a weird save system so you would lose most of your stuff.

Oh, really? So it's using the original disk that's not working. That's pretty weird.

CollinFalling 05-08-2010 08:54 PM

Yeah, apparently it is a bug in the cMIOS that breaks some games. And as people are less concerned about the gamecube on the Wii, there will probably never be a fix.
Just use cMIOS with backup games and revert back to MIOS for real games.

The 9th Sage 05-09-2010 01:28 AM

I probably will. Awhile back I condensed my Gamecube collection down...I dumped copies of every single disc, then I made a bunch of multigame discs (on full size DVDs since they hold more than those mini Gamecube DVDs). Kind of awesome to get 3 or 4 games on one disc.

ARProductions2009 05-09-2010 03:11 PM

Been very busy with offline stuff, and what not, but when I have had a chance I been playing a few games. Jumpman for the Apple II emulator, Street Fighter 4 for the PS3, and I been playing Adventure Island a little bit on the NES.

Maximum Potion 05-11-2010 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ARProductions2009 (Post 99280)
playing Adventure Island a little bit on the NES.

Don't forget to grab the secret continue!!

puduhead 05-11-2010 05:40 PM

I've been playing Asian Knights of the old Republic.. er.. I mean Jade Empire by Bioware for Xbox. Not bad. Standard formula. Some engaging content and the battle system is fun-ish. Just too easy.

Side quest gaming has been: Castlevania IV for SNES; The Granstream Saga for PS1 (unofficial successor to the Soul Blazer series); Amazing Compile shmup Zanac X Zanac for PS1.

Maximum Potion 05-11-2010 11:19 PM

I have moved on to Dragon Quest V, Fire Emblem 7, and Mirror's Edge.

Diego Mendez 07-04-2010 04:52 PM

I'm always playing Mario, played Monopoly yesterday (it was fun), and playing
my games on my PSOne, Spyro. What else? I dunno....

Reaper man 07-05-2010 08:14 AM

Other than Quake Live, I'm currently playing Final Fantasy: Dawn of Souls (I)
going through the optional dungeons is a pain though...

chiefmonkey 07-05-2010 07:06 PM

Super Mario Galaxy 2. I'm at 106 stars so far, all but about 4 comet medals.

Edit: 111 stars.

Edit: 114. Fuck yeah

Edit: 120! WOOOOOOOOO!!!!

bentacos 07-06-2010 01:11 AM

Lately I've been playing Spelunky. Also been trying to actually finish some games on my steam list, like Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines and Jade Empire.

VT-Vincent 07-06-2010 04:55 AM

I started Majora's Mask a couple of weeks ago. It's a sold game but it can be very repetitive if you don't master the time system. This is actually the first time I managed to keep interest long enough that I'll probably finish it.

The 9th Sage 07-06-2010 03:28 PM

I'm with Ben on the 'playing games I bought on Steam a long time ago' thing. I got a bunch of things in Steam sales but with my PC being unstable then I accquired a backlog.

Playing through Mass Effect right now, freaking love it. I'll probably get back to playing more Mario Galaxy 2 soon as well (got 120 stars, I'm on the tons of post end content now). Also playing Tales of Innocence on my DS thanks to Absolute Zero's excellent translation of it.

InVerse 07-06-2010 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The 9th Sage (Post 100363)
Playing through Mass Effect right now, freaking love it.

Make sure to get the Bringing Down The Sky expansion. It's completely awesome and well worth the paltry sum it costs. It can be played within the main game, so you don't need to wait until you've beaten the game to get it. It was almost worth it for some of the graphics alone, let alone the fact that it has a nice little storyline that apparently ties directly into Mass Effect 2. (Which I haven't played yet since my TV shit the bed and is going to cost $200 to fix.)

The 9th Sage 07-08-2010 03:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Drunken Hacker (Post 100364)
Make sure to get the Bringing Down The Sky expansion. It's completely awesome and well worth the paltry sum it costs. It can be played within the main game, so you don't need to wait until you've beaten the game to get it. It was almost worth it for some of the graphics alone, let alone the fact that it has a nice little storyline that apparently ties directly into Mass Effect 2. (Which I haven't played yet since my TV shit the bed and is going to cost $200 to fix.)

Actually, I do have it already (and it seems to be free on the PC for some reason). Haven't run into the content yet, but surely more of this game is an excellent thing. :D

*edit*
Hm, at least I thought I had...maybe I thought about it and hadn't actually done it yet. Now I know why I thought this...I probably tried it some time ago before actually playing the game. It's having problems installing on Windows 7 x64 for me. It isn't an issue of it running as admin or not (since it is) it just...fails. With a very undescriptive error. I'll keep trying it though.

Got it now...the installer was stuck in Vista compatibility mode for some bizzare reason. Thanks for mentioning the DLC...as I thought I'd installed it already I'd probably have missed out on it.

Haoie 07-08-2010 10:39 PM

Persona 3!

Best RPG to come by me in years.

Haoie 08-19-2010 09:01 PM

Persona 4!

Man, I love Persona.

The 9th Sage 08-20-2010 05:53 AM

Dragon Quest IX!

I just had an incredible streak of luck. When trekking back through a dungeon I already completed to a spot where I noticed Liquid Metal Slimes (or Metal Babbles, if you prefer) spawn, I opened a bunch of the blue chests that refill after a time and got four mini medals. For those that play the game...they are rare enough that this just doesn't happen. Then I got a bunch of Liquid Metal Slimes quickly. It's utterly bizzare...not that I'm complaining.

Carminemustdie 09-02-2010 11:46 AM

Dead Rising 2: Case Zero !! =]

InVerse 09-02-2010 01:50 PM

I've been playing Populous. The SNES port of the original. My goal is to make it to level 999. I think I'm on level 12 at the moment.

Lillymon 09-06-2010 02:34 AM

I'm surprised I'm actually playing a game for once, and it's The World Ends With You. I'm really liking it. The gameplay is a blast and the plot is definitely pulling me in.

The 9th Sage 09-06-2010 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lillymon (Post 101107)
I'm surprised I'm actually playing a game for once, and it's The World Ends With You. I'm really liking it. The gameplay is a blast and the plot is definitely pulling me in.

Ah, I always liked that game. To me it seemed like one of the more original things Squeenix has released as of late.

Also, Mass Effect 2 and Metroid: Other M, as well as Dragon Quest IX on the DS for me lately. Later in the week you can add Recettear to the list too.

Carminemustdie 09-06-2010 02:41 PM

only problem with the world ends with you, is its too short... i left it feeling like i wanted more...

schmocke 09-10-2010 10:29 AM

Im more in PC gaming nowadays. For now Im riding the tiger with Split Second Velocity, NFS Shift, Kane & Lynch 2 and Alien Swarm.
On my DSiXL I play Layton 2 from time to time, when my brother shows up. I simply named him "The Layton machine", since he beat Layton 1 within 10 hours.

D-- 09-10-2010 05:48 PM

Seiken Densetsu III, a couple Super Mario World hacks, Final Fantasy V.

jdev 09-21-2010 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The 9th Sage (Post 100897)
Dragon Quest IX!

I just had an incredible streak of luck. When trekking back through a dungeon I already completed to a spot where I noticed Liquid Metal Slimes (or Metal Babbles, if you prefer) spawn, I opened a bunch of the blue chests that refill after a time and got four mini medals. For those that play the game...they are rare enough that this just doesn't happen. Then I got a bunch of Liquid Metal Slimes quickly. It's utterly bizzare...not that I'm complaining.

>_> I don't have any mini-medals yet. Although I'm not quite that far yet.

Besides DQIX, I've also been playing Baldur's Gate 2 (for various fan-made content), Peggle (I've almost finished all the challenges... again), and Slavemaker 3.

saprophytic 12-19-2010 06:03 PM

I've been playing Splinter Cell: Conviction, Sniper: Ghost Warrior, Machinarium, Kane and Lynch 2: Dog Days, and Lead and Gold. Splinter Cell being what i'm playing most, due to it being my favorite game series.

Reaper man 12-19-2010 07:00 PM

Right now I'm currently deciding between finishing Super Mario Galaxy, Final Fantasy IIj, or Heretic.

InVerse 12-20-2010 12:08 AM

I just finished the third chapter of the original Commander Keen trilogy and just started another play through of Portal so I can finish off the achievements. Plus all of my previously released translation projects, since I'm polishing them up for re-release.

Also, lots of masturbation and Yahtzee.

Reaper man 12-20-2010 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InVerse (Post 102022)
Also, lots of masturbation to Yahtzee.

FTFY

InVerse 12-20-2010 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper man (Post 102023)
FTFY

Actually, I haven't gotten Disney Yahtzee yet.

CollinFalling 12-20-2010 05:59 PM

Finally finished Mass Effect 2 awhile back. One of the best games I've played in a long time.
Just started up Golden Sun Dark Dawn for the DS a couple weeks ago. So far I'm disappointed as it doesn't live up to its predecessors. Way too easy... but I'll play and beat it regardless. It's not bad, just not as good.

ARProductions2009 12-24-2010 11:00 AM

Well tonight I been playing alot of Renegade for the NES, and played a little bit of Contra.

For next gen consoles, I been playing my PS3, and playing GTA4

InVerse 12-24-2010 01:27 PM

I'm now working on the Little Rocket Man achievement for Half Life 2: Episode 2. This might actually be even more annoying than the 7 Day Survivor achievement for Dead Rising.

saprophytic 01-05-2011 10:37 PM

I just went through Mafia 2, I actually enjoyed it a lot. The ending left me feeling sad though. I also started playing the DLC Joe's adventures for it, and it's not nearly as good. Why does every mission have to be a damn time challenge? Answer me that 2k studios!

InVerse 02-18-2011 07:27 PM

I just finished Oblivion, including the Knights of the Nine and Shivering Isles expansion packs. In total, I logged 299 hours and 34 minutes in the game. At the $24.95 I paid for the Game of the Year edition used, that comes out to less than 9 cents an hour. I'd say I definitely got my money's worth there.

Oblivion is also now the fourth game on which I've gotten 100% of the achievements, following Bully: Scholarship Edition, Kung Fu Panda (legitimately one of the best beat 'em ups I've ever played) and Lego Indiana Jones (which I beat out of spite, the game was horrid.) Being on dialup, I obviously don't play online, so any games with online achievements are an automatic no go on 100%ing achievements.

Not sure what the hell I'm going to play next. Looking through my 360 games, I was thinking Skate might be nice and relaxing after Oblivion. (I was expecting the ending to be anti-climatic but it was intense.) Not to mention the Little Rocket Man achievement in Half-Life 2 which was unbelievably frustrating. Or maybe it's time to play a few ROM hacks.

ARProductions2009 02-23-2011 07:56 AM

A few games.

Road Rash for the PC, and GTA: Vice City for the PC

3ukalipto 02-28-2011 03:52 AM

Im currently playing Kengo 3 and The Punisher as well; both for the PS2... and every onece in a while I play five minutes of Bully (I find it to be quite boring and childish... no offense if someone here likes that game)

3ukalipto 02-28-2011 04:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InVerse (Post 102474)
Not sure what the hell I'm going to play next. Looking through my 360 games, I was thinking Skate might be nice and relaxing after Oblivion. (I was expecting the ending to be anti-climatic but it was intense.) Not to mention the Little Rocket Man achievement in Half-Life 2 which was unbelievably frustrating. Or maybe it's time to play a few ROM hacks.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
You, sir; are my personal legend. Im new to the translation hacking scene and also to this forum. Ive read your tutorias and even though I cant understand a thing (I do some of them), they inspire me to translate Japanese text from games.
It would be nice to have your help in the future :bigthumbup:

Now; I have enjoyed very much the Hitman series. Id recommend it to you if you have not played it yet. The price of Hitman Blood Money for the Xbox360 should have dropped dramatcally over the past few years. Its a fun game in my personal opinion. Its available for the PS2, PC and the 360.

I suppose youve played the Metal Gear series??? I also liked Shinobido for the PS2, along with Max Payne (there is a PC version of it), I have not gotten around playing the follow up of it, but it looks promising.
If youre into western comics you might like the bloody uncensored version of The Punisher for the PS2 and PC.

I owned a XBox360 once, but I had to give it away....:erm:, but Tenchu Z was fun... online :(. There wasnt very much to do in the solo 50 mission part of the game; besides, the story wasnt all that good (it was pretty awful actually).

Maybe Heavy Rain???

Haoie 03-17-2011 07:43 PM

Just finished Legend of Spyro: A New Beginning.

Why is the sequel so freaking hard?

darkninja0200 03-23-2011 02:46 AM

hmmm I'm currently playing Super Robot Wars J, COD Black Ops, and Summon Knight Twin Age

Flicka115 03-29-2011 01:54 AM

Ocarina of Time
Castle Age, Treasure Isle, Frontierville, Fishville on Facebook
Assassins Creed 2
Pokemon Heart Gold

Deverica Wolf 07-12-2011 06:34 AM

Super Street Fighter II for the SNES. Brings back acne memories...^_^

Also, Half-Life and Half-Life 2 mods. They...never get old. Never!

Lillymon 02-13-2012 02:47 AM

Played Plants vs. Zombies recently (the iPad seems to have a use, tablets are ideal for that game), cleared the main adventure mode in two days, working through extras. It's a fun little diversion, with a surprising amount of depth to the gameplay.

Also playing Mario Kart 7 (AI still a cheating bastard, 150cc difficulty may take a while) and I've started on Shantae: Risky's Revenge (good old 2D platforming with solid gameplay and some actual challenge to it, how I've missed that). I'm also occasionally taking on new level on Sonic Colours, which is actually fun. I guess I'm technically still playing The World Ends With You (I do intend to someday finish that). Super Mario 3D Land is boring as shit and seems to confirm that I've had it with Super Mario games now.

lpegna 02-18-2012 12:52 AM

I'm playing Final Fantasy 5 for SNES and Starcraft 2, really interesting stories.

Reaper man 02-20-2012 03:33 AM

Portal 2 and Burnout: Dominator

vato 02-20-2012 05:36 AM

Skyrim. Bethesda have spoiled me with their sandbox games. I cant stand to play anything else now.

eldigato 07-10-2012 09:14 AM

I've recently been playing Zelda: Link's Awakening, after I beat OOA/OOS of which I played after ALTTP. All in all, it's a great way to stay in shape.

Flash 07-19-2012 04:00 PM

I just got a PS2 (for $ 10) and a Wii for fixing a computer. I'm playing Mario Kart on the Wii and Final Fantasy XII on the PS2. I'm accepting reccomendations for good PS2 games.

PS Mario Kart for the Wii rules.

Goku 09-30-2012 01:54 AM

Mario Kart on Wii gets old....

Games - hmmm - i wish i had the time. I am not being sarcastic either - I really wish i had the time. I would love to try out GTA4. Hell, the last Final fantasy I played was 8. I love to see where the series has gone....

Dream Weaver 01-04-2013 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goku (Post 104956)
Mario Kart on Wii gets old....

I guess this is probably about the worst possible time to jump on this thread and say I've been seriously abusing Super Mario Kart... lol :outta here:

I can't help it, I just love old SNES games (though I have a bit of an excuse, as I'm working on my own track edits, but still, I'm not sure that'll wash on here...)

Forgive me! I'm new here... lol (Meh!)

Dead Alien 02-06-2013 10:07 PM

I wish i was in the mood to play a game. I haven't been playing any lately but i have been reading of them or just checking some reviews out. I need friends to hang out with then i could play Mario Kart too :(

Lashen 09-30-2013 06:06 PM

I decided to play through Castlevania: Curse of Darkness as Trevor again last night—not sure why.

adTwo 01-29-2014 07:33 AM

I've been playing BioShock and the Assassins Creed series lately. Haven't played in months cause of work and school tho.

Flash 04-30-2014 08:40 AM

Now I'm playing Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing, Zelda OOT, and Twilight Princess and a hack I've been working on of Pokemon Diamond.

puduhead 05-06-2014 02:46 PM

I was playing a lot of Diablo III since loot 2.0 dropped and RMAH was removed. It was more fun. But Minecraft sucked me back in. Can't get enough of survival-mode building.

On Consoles, Step-son and I been having a go at Mario Kart Wii also.

Before that, wife and I beat Super Mario 3 and moved on to Super Mario World.

On hand-held, I restarted Rune Factory 1. Love the mix of farming and monster hunting.

Flash 06-03-2014 11:14 AM

Heh. Playing what I'd call a classic on the Wii. Majora's Mask. I have that GC zelda promo disk. Handheld, it's a hack of Pokemon Diamond. Testing stages. A little Tiger Woods, too, once in a while.

puduhead 06-14-2014 04:59 AM

Switched back to a little Diablo 2 because the Ladder reset. Still love this game infinitely more than D3. And if you play it with a glide wrapper its still 800x600 res but fullscreen rearticulated in your desktop res so its not all blurry.

Also had beat this free flash puzzle game Puzzle Legends which a music associate of mine made the soundtrack to. I enjoyed it and since it was heavily inspired by Adventures of Lolo, i fired that up on Nester DC on Sega Dreamcast. I really like it and there's 3 of them to keep me busy when I'm in the casual gamer mood.

Lastly, step-son and I have been bashing into each other on PC version of Flatout 2, playing on LAN. Much preferable to my PS2 version since the res is higher and no split screen multiplayer required. :)

Fla Flash 10-23-2016 08:54 PM

Now I just finished Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean and Baten Kaitos:Origins.
Both of them for the GameCube, and I'm now working on Tales of Symphonia for the same.

Salamander 11-11-2016 01:31 PM

I play NFS and CS

TrainerXaro 11-15-2016 05:25 PM

I have been playing Earthbound and am almost done, and I'm playing Final Fantasy 5 for the 3rd time. I just beat Beyond Good and Evil, Metal Arms a Glitch in the System, and The Legend of Zelda: The Windwaker. I also started a play through on Metroid 2, Return of Samus.

humbugacclaimed 11-25-2016 01:53 AM

I started playing Marvel Puzzle Quest last week.

RedClay 11-27-2016 01:03 AM

I've been playing moon harvest ever since I stumble upon it on my older sister's computer a decade ago (I think, I'm not good with time). Now, I'm playing Return to Popolocrois. Sweet!

Sarz 02-16-2017 02:48 AM

just re played Suikoden 1 it was fun need some more old games to play :P

DeeWelch 08-09-2017 01:06 AM

Playing MedianXL Diablo 2 expansion mod and Counter Strike Global

zigzag 11-04-2017 08:47 PM

Still clash of clans and mine craft.

Reaper man 11-05-2017 03:03 AM

Been a while.

Lesse, Quake Champions, Quake 1, LoZ OoT, along with disassembling Chrono Trigger and random other gaming related projects.

rikki517 11-28-2017 06:47 AM

I was able to get Gran Turismo Sport last Saturday with my spare change from purchasing a new set of truck rims.

JarrettR 01-16-2018 01:04 PM

I finished Cuphead over the holidays. Love that phenq game. It's kind of difficult and frustrating at time, but so satisfying when you nail the level. Anyone here played it?

dlevere 01-18-2018 11:45 AM

The Witcher

Blackjack game on my phone.

Lillymon 01-20-2018 06:02 PM

Splatoon 2. Also Super Mario Odyssey, Super Bomberman R, various SNES games, but mostly Splatoon 2. Seriously, I never got into any other competitive online games before but I fell in love with Splatoon and I've kept going with its sequel. Currently I main the Mini Splatling in Turf War and Splat Zones (where I recently made S rank for the first time), and the Splattershot if I ever play Tower Control. I don't play Rainmaker much because I suck at it and I haven't got around to trying Clam Blitz yet.

Goku 02-11-2018 02:14 AM

I am playing a little minecraft. Not really playing though. I am kinda making a little challenge for my 9 year old son to play through. I just cannot get into the game otherwise. I did buy a couple of Final Fantasy iterations for PC off this years winter steam sale.

Otherwise, I have been reading translated J light novels. For whatever reason, i got into manga 2 years ago and it dragged me into J novels.

Phaze23 04-20-2018 01:42 PM

I've been playing PUBG, lately.

shawn 04-25-2018 02:00 AM

Freedroid RPG, I like it because it does wear you ought mentally like a lot of games do and I can play it for an hour and feel satisfied I had some fun.