Zophar's Message Domain

Zophar's Message Domain (http://www.zophar.net/forums/index.php)
-   Talk of the Town (http://www.zophar.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Video Thread (http://www.zophar.net/forums/showthread.php?t=11163)

Reaper man 04-10-2010 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shawn (Post 98560)
http://www.joke-pages.com/jokes/images/org-calc.swf

Just make sure to have your speakers on when using this. If you are at work or under 18 and parents are home then use headphones.

. . .

that isn't even a video!

ok yeah, I think I'm going to make a new official youtube thread as this one just isn't great at all... *unstickies*

shawn 04-11-2010 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper man (Post 98619)
. . .

that isn't even a video!

ok yeah, I think I'm going to make a new official youtube thread as this one just isn't great at all... *unstickies*

Actually this thread is a music video thread that went astray and unfortunately like a dumbass I put something that was a joke in the wrong thread. Please move calculator to the joke thread. :D

shawn 04-25-2010 05:30 AM

http://www.photoble.com/photo-inspir...-shift-videos/

I found it again, this is that page of video's that look animated but are real life scenes.

I had forgotten I had already had a page of non Youtube video's already started.

Enjoy and be sure to have your speakers on since the music is in my opinion perfect for these video's. :)

shawn 04-25-2010 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shawn (Post 98974)
http://www.photoble.com/photo-inspir...-shift-videos/

I found it again, this is that page of video's that look animated but are real life scenes.

I had forgotten I had already had a page of non Youtube video's already started.

Enjoy and be sure to have your speakers on since the music is in my opinion perfect for these video's. :)


I have to update the description of these video's. It's almost 3D in it's realism, like looking in real life at a model railroad or something. It's just incredible and if you've never seen this you should check it out. Looks better than those 3D tv's images which look kind of ghostlike in image quality where this just is amazing. You have to see it. I just sit there and then realize I have a big smile on my face and didn't even realize it at first because this is so mesmerizing. :)

The 9th Sage 04-26-2010 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shawn (Post 98984)
I have to update the description of these video's. It's almost 3D in it's realism, like looking in real life at a model railroad or something. It's just incredible and if you've never seen this you should check it out. Looks better than those 3D tv's images which look kind of ghostlike in image quality where this just is amazing. You have to see it. I just sit there and then realize I have a big smile on my face and didn't even realize it at first because this is so mesmerizing. :)

That is pretty interesting...weird how it looks like a miniature but isn't.

shawn 04-26-2010 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The 9th Sage (Post 98996)
That is pretty interesting...weird how it looks like a miniature but isn't.

It sure is. I found out using google in photoshop all you need to do to do this in an image is to blur the top and bottom leaving the middle focused. Then add saturation and some contrast and that is how this effect is achieved. I imagine I could do this myself with the right video editor with overlay capabilities and filters.

I tried doing a tilt shift on a naked picture "like that was a surprise" and it didn't seem right. I then realized that for still objects the objects of focus need to be small or far away for this effect to work best. I believe to much close up detail takes away from the illusion your brain created between the focused and unfocused area along with the saturation creates a way to obvious color change for the brain/eye to ignore.

It was fun playing around with this technique though. I think I'll find some more larger images with smaller focal objects to experiment with and see if I can duplicate this technique to my own satisfaction.

The 9th Sage 04-26-2010 04:47 AM

I'd ask to see some of your experiments, but I really don't care to see the naked picture.

shawn 04-26-2010 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The 9th Sage (Post 99004)
I'd ask to see some of your experiments, but I really don't care to see the naked picture.

LOL, yeah I know Ian. Just type in tilt shift photo in google. You'll get results for tutorials or sample images using this technique and do your own. Make sure it's image of like landscapes or cities viewed from a distance also if you decide to try this for the best effect.


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:35 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.