Zophar's Message Domain

Zophar's Message Domain (http://www.zophar.net/forums/index.php)
-   General Emulation (http://www.zophar.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   getting 2 differant pokemon games open in no$gba (http://www.zophar.net/forums/showthread.php?t=11079)

Master Chaz 05-29-2009 04:24 PM

getting 2 differant pokemon games open in no$gba

can someone help me get pokemon sapphire and pokemon emerald to open in the no$gba set to 2 emulators? it will not open with out loading a game and then both emulators are set to the same game. even if i go change the game then both change to that game.

Fla Flash 05-30-2009 01:54 PM

I don't use no$gba. You can open up to four in VBA.

The 9th Sage 05-30-2009 02:32 PM

Do you mean VBA Link?

Gil 05-31-2009 01:19 AM

that is likely because it creates a file that indicates what game to open, so if you open it again, it opens that file, again.
Your best bet is to copy the whole emulator folder and have a duplicate emulator.
Then, what you do is, you go to the original emulator, open pokemon game 1.
then go to the other emulator, the copy you made, and open up pokemon game 2.
it should work, unless the emulator specifies what folder to look for that loader file in, then you're likely screwed unless you use another emulator altogether or find a way to edit folder prefrences. (it's less complex then I'm making it sound ><)

Master Chaz 05-31-2009 04:00 PM

no i did not mean vba link. on the other hand how do you open vba link i cannot find it. and will i be able to trade from one game to the other as if i had 2 gba connected by a link cable?:erm:

The 9th Sage 05-31-2009 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Master Chaz (Post 89567)
no i did not mean vba link. on the other hand how do you open vba link i cannot find it. and will i be able to trade from one game to the other as if i had 2 gba connected by a link cable?:erm:

vBA Link. It's based on an older version of VBA, but you should be able to trade Pokemon between emulated GBA units with it.

Master Chaz 05-31-2009 07:20 PM

Cool; now two questions will it work with my new version of vba and how well does it work on vista (i can sometimes make vista imulate xp. it does not work with all progarms though)?

Master Chaz 05-31-2009 10:16 PM

ok; i see where it comes with a version of vba so that question is answered. but the doc with it talks about setting up a lan and running 2+computers. i want to run 2 vba's on the same computer and trade pokemon between the two games. is that possible?

The 9th Sage 06-01-2009 01:32 AM

IIRC you actually emulate more than one GBA on the same computer using just the one VBAlink. There should be an option for more emulated machines somewhere...if you can't find it I'll give it a go and see if I can find it. Been a while since I've used that emulator. :)

Master Chaz 06-02-2009 09:59 PM

i found that. now the problem is getting one of them to use the controller 2 settings i put in so they are not both trying to do the same thing at the same time.