Zophar's Message Domain

Zophar's Message Domain (http://www.zophar.net/forums/index.php)
-   General Emulation (http://www.zophar.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Visual Boy Advance Speed Problems (http://www.zophar.net/forums/showthread.php?t=14522)

PkmnPlayer 09-10-2010 06:08 PM

Visual Boy Advance Speed Problems
 
Hello!I'm new here,and as you have read the title,I have problems with VBA.I've googled how to resolved the problem,found this and that,but nothing helped.Here's some MORE information which may help you to help me.
VBA version 1.8.0 with link
System:Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 1 Version 2002
Intel Pentium III Processor
931 MHz
128 MB Ram
VBA Information:Frame Skip:2,No throttle
Video x2
Render:Direct Draw
DDraw Triple Buffering
D3D Nearest
GL Nearest
Gl Triangle
Emulator:Synchronize
PNG Format
Sound:Off
Gameboy:CGB/GBC
Gameboy Colors
Priority:Highest
Filter:Normal
Interface Blending:None
Display:1024X768 16 bit
Here are some examples of how fast my games work WITH speed
Pokemon Gold-2000%
Pokemon Ruby-200-300%
Pokemon FireRed-100-120%
The Problem is with FireRed.Without Speed Up it works only with 60-70%
I have no way to improve my PC for a long time,and I KNOW there's some way to speed up that FireRed somehow,so I need help to speed it up.
Here are the thing I WANT TO KNOW:
What options to change
What Emulator should I use and what version.
Any Help is appreciated.

Edit: Issue resolved

schmocke 09-10-2010 06:17 PM

ThereŽs not too much you can do, since your PC is not fast enough for more complex GB-Advance games. IŽd suggest you to try following options:
lower the sampling rate from 44.1khz to 11khz and set output to mono or mute sound at all.
Inrease frameskip, lower overall resolution to e.g. 640x480 and apply no filters.
Nothing more I can figure out atm.

InVerse 09-10-2010 07:18 PM

You might try No$GBA. I know the author of that generally focused on developing for older systems and punishing people who had nice systems.

What country are you in? In the US, you should be able to get a much better computer than that for about $25 and you can make $25 giving handjobs in a back alley in less than an hour.

Reaper man 09-10-2010 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PkmnPlayer (Post 101142)
System:Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 1 Version 2002
128 MB Ram


H....How is that even possible!? Shit I could probably BUILD you a better box with all the spare machines I have with me. I KNOW I have at least a couple of pentium 4s laying around....

to make a long story short, you really, REALLY need a better PC. Try looking up craigslist for a really cheap used one. I'm surprised a dinosaur like that still even RUNS.

The 9th Sage 09-11-2010 03:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InVerse (Post 101146)
You might try No$GBA. I know the author of that generally focused on developing for older systems and punishing people who had nice systems.

I second this. No$GBA tends to run pretty well on systems VBA probably wouldn't work that well on.

PkmnPlayer 09-11-2010 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper man (Post 101148)
H....How is that even possible!? Shit I could probably BUILD you a better box with all the spare machines I have with me. I KNOW I have at least a couple of pentium 4s laying around....

to make a long story short, you really, REALLY need a better PC. Try looking up craigslist for a really cheap used one. I'm surprised a dinosaur like that still even RUNS.

I know,but i'm pretty low on money but at I will try to get a better PC as fast as I can.And I think you're right,it have it for 4 years,and it has been virused pretty much :P.
Anyways,I'll try what you guys said,hope it'll work.

Reaper man 09-11-2010 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PkmnPlayer (Post 101162)
I know,but i'm pretty low on money but at I will try to get a better PC as fast as I can.And I think you're right,it have it for 4 years,and it has been virused pretty much :P.
Anyways,I'll try what you guys said,hope it'll work.

It still baffles me how you're able to use windows XP with only 128MB of RAM

PkmnPlayer 09-11-2010 07:41 AM

i have no idea,it works,that's all :P
And thank you all for helping.

schmocke 09-11-2010 08:28 AM

First of all: if your PC runs for 4 years now and was infected lately you should make a clean reinstallation of your Windows XP. PCs which had never been killed/formatted for such a long time never run smooth anymore.
And, my mentioned settings to speed up emulation for you applly to NO$GBA too, btw.
And, go and mow some lawns, clean cars, whatever - earn some cash and upgrade your hardware.

InVerse 09-11-2010 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PkmnPlayer (Post 101142)
SOLVED.LOCK,OR PERFORM A FATALATY ON IT.

Yeah. Fuck anybody else who might have had the same problem and now won't come across this thread via search since you deleted the initial question. Why should anyone else benefit from the work you took to type up a thread?


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:15 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.