Zophar's Message Domain

Zophar's Message Domain (http://www.zophar.net/forums/index.php)
-   Site Questions / Suggestions (http://www.zophar.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   New Zophar's Domain Goes Live (http://www.zophar.net/forums/showthread.php?t=9150)

Edman 07-11-2008 01:16 PM

New Zophar's Domain Goes Live

After several months in development, and now a week after beta testing, I am proud to present you the new Zophar's Domain website!

The new website not only has a new layout, but it also has a content management system that not only lets the content managers easily update content, but lets YOU, our member, submit content as well.

Made a cool game hack? Go to My Hacks and submit it! You can also do this for cheats, movies, savestates, music, technical documents and translations. Participating could not have been made simpler.

If you know of any emulation news that we've missed, feel free to drop us a line at the Emulator News Submissions forum: http://www.zophar.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16

As you can see, the forums software has also been updated to the latest version of vBulletin with all of its great features. Enjoy!

Soushkin 07-11-2008 10:29 PM

Let me post this message on a few ROMsites to let people know about the return of Zophar. ^_^

spdude 07-11-2008 10:45 PM

Anyone with an account at digg.com should create an entry there also.. there's a chance it might become popular.

Side 07-11-2008 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soushkin (Post 79606)
Let me post this message on a few ROMsites to let people know about the return of Zophar. ^_^

Well, you succeeded in bringing me from Snesorama.

Soushkin 07-11-2008 11:05 PM

Yea, just posting some Zophar spam here and there, I've got me a few warnings for it already. It'll be alright, though. =P

realyst 07-12-2008 01:01 AM

Woot!!! Welcome back!!!!!!!

hcs 07-12-2008 01:03 AM

Yay, glad to see it operational!

GeminiMan 07-12-2008 05:07 AM

Well I'll be damned.

nintendo_dragon 07-12-2008 02:14 PM

Wow...just...wow!

z357x 07-12-2008 04:13 PM

I've probably been coming to this page for longer than any other, I never really frequented it but it's been years and years of having all the emu stuff I've needed. Glad to see it updated.

I miss that cat...

Cutter 07-12-2008 05:56 PM

The new design is very nice except for the disturbing gray frame.

Umiliphus 07-12-2008 06:26 PM

I miss having to click on every post to read it.

Paladyn 07-12-2008 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeminiMan (Post 79623)
Well I'll be damned.

Well, I won't be damned, but I'm certainly surprised.

Reaper man 07-12-2008 08:54 PM

whoa, a paladyn rises from his grave

roxahris 07-13-2008 07:37 AM

Ooh, cool. I remember this shutting down, nice to see it back.

Rattlehead 07-13-2008 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roxahris (Post 79723)
Ooh, cool. I remember this shutting down, nice to see it back.

I wouldn't say "shutting down". More or less in an "archive" state. :)

SpaceTiger 07-13-2008 08:16 AM

This is all a very welcome change and many thanks to Edman for reviving ZD. Nonetheless, the core problems with maintaining a site like this will remain... it's still done on a volunteer basis and it still requires constant maintenance to be kept up-to-date. If you want to have any shot of keeping ZD healthy, take good care of the community that already exists here. Don't underestimate the importance of ZMD in maintaining this newfound enthusiasm.

Great work and thanks again!

Cornellius 07-14-2008 04:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpaceTiger (Post 79728)
Nonetheless, the core problems with maintaining a site like this will remain... it's still done on a volunteer basis and it still requires constant maintenance to be kept up-to-date. If you want to have any shot of keeping ZD healthy, take good care of the community that already exists here. Don't underestimate the importance of ZMD in maintaining this newfound enthusiasm.

Great work and thanks again!

Agreed. If you diregard that fact, ZD will be down again in a couple of years.

Another World 07-14-2008 05:59 AM

i'm so happy to see zophar's back up and running again. this is very welcome news. i submitted this to the user news on gbatemp.net.... hope it helps!

-another world

JPH 07-14-2008 06:17 AM

Thanks for referring me to this awesome site, AW :)

Another World 07-14-2008 06:25 AM

JP good to see you here man! sadly all the years i've been comming to zophars for files i never looked for a forum until now =)

-another world

JPH 07-14-2008 06:28 AM

Good to see you here too J ;)

I've been here before for SNES saves, but never really stuck around.

Great place ya got here.

Rehbock 07-14-2008 06:02 PM

its alive :o

Insidious611 07-25-2008 09:23 AM

You guys are back? Jeez, its been a while. Uhh, no offense, but the new layout looks horrible. Like, "stab my eyes with a spoon" + "wordpress default" horrible. Is there a way I can make it look like it used to? :(

EDIT: Oh jeez, and you guys are using smileys antialiased against a completely different colored background too :(

Too much Web 2.0 ahhh get it away :(

Lillymon 07-25-2008 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Insidious611 (Post 80769)
EDIT: Oh jeez, and you guys are using smileys antialiased against a completely different colored background too :(

Yeah, I noticed that too and it's ugly as hell. The easiest solution would be to convert them all to PNGs and use alpha transparency (like I did with my avatar). I could probably fudge things so that even IE6 users see an improvement, though that would only work on this theme (any future themes would screw things up a bit).

Haoie 07-26-2008 04:07 AM

I'm very glad to see this back to being active.

Although I do kind of miss the old look.

okih-imus 08-02-2008 11:26 PM

I'm am obligated by the forces of the internet to pay homage this legendary domain of Zophar.

Zophar 08-05-2008 05:35 AM

I, too, would like to pay homage to zophar.net. I know that sounds a little strange coming from me. ;) But I'm proud of this site and it looks like things are back on track. Emulation Forever guys! I promise I'll be stopping by more often.

Zophar

Apophis 08-05-2008 03:01 PM

Holy Fucking Jesus Crackers!!! You're Alive?!!!

Zophar 08-06-2008 12:20 AM

Yup, I live! More or less. ;)

Shadow 08-07-2008 03:07 PM

Congratulations! It's been a long time...

Zophar, you and your page are a true legend. When I started in 99/00 with tools like Naga, Nana and others I remember the first time our German Group (Star Trans) submitted some patches. It was awesome. A real honor to be listed here.

Then in 2003/4 things went bad in Germany. Almost all groups were resolved... and some time later I found Zophar.net closed.
Earlier this year some people found me through IRC and begged me to come back and translate some games again. But I thought... It's no use. My time was over when Zophar.net disappeared. I left the stage to make room for the next generation.

And now?! You are back! Hell yeah what a great day!

Shadow
- Founder of Star-Trans a German Romtranslation Group

Constrictor 08-07-2008 08:26 PM

Zophar's Domain back on track I am overwhelmed. Awesome. Nice work.
I lurve the new layout.

(wraith_) 08-10-2008 12:37 PM

Yay! I got forum account working again!

gutzsant 08-12-2008 01:35 PM

Thanks for coming back Zophar's domain! Zophar was always THE emulation website. I never quite understood why it was decided at that time to make Zophar an archive site, neither why the person responsible was insistent on leaving the site like that and even closing it for a few days, even when all the Zophar community was more than ready to collaborate and was begging to let Zophar live to its fullest. Anyway, thanks to all for all your efforts, specially to Edman. I'll do what I can to help Zophar shine at its best.

Zophar 08-12-2008 10:08 PM

I know you'll do an awesome job!

Ryushi 08-20-2008 04:19 AM

To be honest, this is the first time i've bothered to sign up. Since the very first day i owned a computer, i used Zophar to download music.

Along with a friend of mine, Zophar has been one of the reasons im an avid gamer.

demowolf 08-20-2008 08:07 PM

ZD alive...omg..

Just had to register so i could give some feedback....

ZD was probably THE first emulation site i stumbled when i was searching for SNES emulators...and after that i always checked in if i was online (Finland didn't have cheap connections back in the day and broadband was close to science fiction)

And even zophar is back. :o

I hope everything continues well and we'll get this party going for a long time... Guess i should try to contribute something to site (never been community guy, but trying to change).

Veevee 08-22-2008 04:24 AM

I'm so happy this place is back! :)

Reaper man 08-22-2008 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Veevee (Post 81858)
I'm so happy this place is back! :)

is.... is that a penis in your avatar? o_O

Xeon3D 08-22-2008 03:00 PM

I see it as a strange mickey mouse with its arms raised...

Guess each one only see's what he wants to see..

Shingen 08-22-2008 10:01 PM

Another former staffer chiming in with three words:

"Oh HELL YEAH!"

The 9th Sage 08-23-2008 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper man (Post 81868)
is.... is that a penis in your avatar? o_O

Yeah, I do think it's some kind of a bear or a mouse, but it is...interesting looking whatever it is. :D

Perseid 08-23-2008 07:30 PM

Wow! I gave up on this site long ago and removed it from my bookmarks. Today I randomly come here looking for some PSFs and see the whole site is redesigned with updates and forums.

Welcome back. Seriously. And welcome back to my bookmarks.

Bobbin Threadbare 08-29-2008 02:53 AM

just drop by...
congrats for the new design and the rebirth of ZD. I couldn't be more happier.

I still frequently check this site, at least once per month, 'cause it's easier to fink PSF links. Last time checked almost 2 months ago, and kinda surprised when the add loads a different view. (which I though it was taken down for good)
Also one of the sites that I recommended since late 90's along with VGN (Vintage Gaming Network), another great emu site from the past although I kinda dislike it's current design.

End of note, glad to have u still around. :D

Gamesoul Master 08-31-2008 11:02 AM

Whoa... I agree 1000% with Perseid. I had given up on this place after coming here for many years, and just came here by chance, looking for PSF's for a specific game ("Rhapsody: The Musical Adventure", in case anybody was wondering... :D).

Though I have never signed up for these forums before, I have been a long-time fan of this place. A lot of my "firsts" in game hacking/modding/emulation came from Zophar's Domain.

I'm extremely glad to see this place up and running again at (near) full speed. Long live ZD!

Dustcrazy 08-31-2008 07:40 PM

I have no words to describe my happiness. I've always gone to Zophar's domain every once in awhile and hoping that it would be back up with new content. Came here today to look for some docs on the NES processor and opcodes. Nice work to all of the staff. If you guys ever need anything let me know.

Reaper man 08-31-2008 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dustcrazy (Post 82091)
I have no words to describe my happiness. I've always gone to Zophar's domain every once in awhile and hoping that it would be back up with new content. Came here today to look for some docs on the NES processor and opcodes. Nice work to all of the staff. If you guys ever need anything let me know.

ANYTHING?

ooooh.... *unzips*

Bobbin Threadbare 09-01-2008 04:13 AM

and fyi @Gamesoul Master, Rhapsody was also remaked on NDS with different gameplay mechanics, currently only had the japanese release so far. :D

Reaper man 09-01-2008 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobbin Threadbare (Post 82110)
and fyi @Gamesoul Master, Rhapsody was also remaked on NDS with different gameplay mechanics, currently only had the japanese release so far. :D

funfact: My girlfriend has Oregon Trail on her cellphone and whenever she names her party, she names one of them Bobbins and uses him as a scapegoat for when anything goes wrong during the trip. It's so cute, becasue every so often she'll yell out something along the lines of "I got attacked by bears! It's all Bobbins fault!"

With that being said, if anything breaks on the site/forum, I'm blaming you. ;p

Dustcrazy 09-02-2008 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper man (Post 82096)
ANYTHING?

ooooh.... *unzips*

By anything I meant things like web hosting, rapidshares, programming help, and anything else I can do.

Reaper man 09-02-2008 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dustcrazy (Post 82143)
By anything I meant things like web hosting, rapidshares, programming help, and anything else I can do.

aww, but my peen won't suck itself you know. ;_;

Zenithian 09-10-2008 03:57 AM

Having been a long-time visitor to Zophar's Domain since early in 1997, I was disappointed when the site pretty much stopped being what was created to be. Ever since then, I've had to visit several sites to get timely and reliable emulation news. I am really glad ZD is back at it, and looking pretty spiffy all the while :)

*site bookmarked (once again)*

Starscream 09-15-2008 04:46 AM

Yes! I'm glad this site is back.

Alen of Bellwood 09-15-2008 04:51 AM

I... I don't quite know what to say. I'm overwhelmed. Every few months I swing by for old time's sake. Reminiscing about the old days, like when the first translation for FFV was released. But today, what do I see? New content by the barrel, a new layout, and other signs of life and vitality that had been gone for years. Congratulations, you have resurrected a monument to emulation. May it live on.

Cerberos 09-16-2008 04:34 AM

I'm super late to the party here, but I'm pissing myself with excitement over the resurrection of this site. Way to go, it looks great!

Adremalech The Wroth 09-16-2008 04:02 PM

I shall quote the immemorable words of Peter Griffin: FREAKIN' SWEET!!!!

fouad 09-18-2008 08:52 AM

You are welcome
Please, from your mother
Give me free domain name
I need him most

Reaper man 09-18-2008 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fouad (Post 82758)
You are welcome
Please, from your mother
Give me free domain name
I need him most

ليس لدينا اسماء الحقول الحرة الى العرض. كنت تبحث في المكان الخطأ. استمتع ارجواني اكل الخنزير القدمين يوم الاحد مع عصير القيقب وغير تقليدي مثل المخللات بلادي من الصعب القضيب ، الا اشبه مقرن الجمال.

Cornellius 09-23-2008 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper man (Post 82158)
aww, but my peen won't suck itself you know. ;_;

Dude, you don't even know if he/she's male or female, what the fuck ?

Reaper man 09-24-2008 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cornellius (Post 82944)
Dude, you don't even know if he/she's male or female, what the fuck ?

haha, I know. It's not like I was being serious or anything. ;p

ozulus 09-25-2008 11:28 AM

Holy damn! I went today check on my very old favourite and 1st emulation site I ever visited, if it was still on and I see it with new things again <3, Thank you!

drbond01 11-05-2008 05:52 AM

holy potatoes batman ZD is back. i was a frequent visitor to the site from 1997 till the time the site had gone down. decided to see if anyone had started it back up and boom here it is. awesome job yall.

pkmnwww411 12-31-2009 10:34 PM

Wow, this is going to be great.