Zophar's Message Domain

Zophar's Message Domain (http://www.zophar.net/forums/index.php)
-   Talk of the Town (http://www.zophar.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   what do you think bout this game? (http://www.zophar.net/forums/showthread.php?t=11300)

ResCrillCep 06-13-2009 12:07 AM

what do you think bout this game?

I totally don't understand it, how can I progress faster?
Can someone help me?

Link removed

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Isildur 06-13-2009 12:49 AM

It looks like it isn't honestly a game, since you don't play-- it just does it for you. Pointless. Go play Little Fighter or something instead.

Bodomi 06-13-2009 01:07 AM

And hiding the character behind tinyurl link isn't nice.
If I recall correctly, opening it will help them somehow.

So it's the same as using referral link shit for your benefit.

Isildur 06-13-2009 10:21 AM

Yeah, I was wondering if this was merely a flimsily-disguised advertisement or even a malware link (particularly in light of the tinyurl obfuscation). But I believe I came out of it clean (I'm running Linux, which isn't often targetted, and Opera, which is pretty good about patching vulnerabilities promptly, and have a scanner running), and I don't see how I could have made money for them, since I didn't click on any ads... unless the the flash program does some free distributed computing for a central server that sends out computing problems (code-cracking?) or other tasks (DDoS?) while the person is distracted by watching the graphics-- like a SETI screensaver except not upfront about it? In such a manner a flash program could be a trojan without actually needing to be installed on a computer in any permanent sense, and cause no direct harm to the dupe himself other than possibly slowing his computer down while the .swf is running.

Edit: Or unless I made a few cents for this guy for his acting as a referrer, like you said.

shawn 06-13-2009 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bodomi (Post 90192)
And hiding the character behind tinyurl link isn't nice.
If I recall correctly, opening it will help them somehow.

So it's the same as using referral link shit for your benefit.

I'm surprised he didn't remove this entire thread and ban the user since we've been getting 1 or 2 fake users a day using the site for advertising.

Bodomi 06-13-2009 04:09 PM

I've been removing them.
Maybe I should just leave this here as a warning that doing this isn't acceptable.
Although I think these are just automated registrations using bots, so they most likely don't even care. :/

And I thought I banned that user already...

The 9th Sage 06-13-2009 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shawn (Post 90218)
I'm surprised he didn't remove this entire thread and ban the user since we've been getting 1 or 2 fake users a day using the site for advertising.

You should see the ones I get to before you see them. :P

Reaper man 06-14-2009 02:02 AM

if you are going to ban someone, at least do it right. ;p

Haoie 06-18-2009 09:15 PM

Busted!