Zophar's Message Domain

Zophar's Message Domain (http://www.zophar.net/forums/index.php)
-   General Emulation (http://www.zophar.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Wild Arms 2 problem (http://www.zophar.net/forums/showthread.php?t=11896)

5eekerR1ch4rdRah1 08-02-2009 07:20 PM

Wild Arms 2 problem

I'm running Wild Arms 2 on psxfin. The emulator can and does run other images (bin/cue & ccd/sub/img) fine as well as reading discs.

When I try and run the Wild Arms 2 iso I have from here it gets past the Media Vision screen and then has a black screen with some illegable text that's in a black filled font with partial white boardering. Behind that is a red struck through circle like you see on a no smoking sign.

I had this same problem on a Wild Arms 2 iso I got at emuparadise as well. An ideas as to what's going on?

Thanks

Reaper man 08-02-2009 08:09 PM

Sounds like the CD has some sort of protection on it. You may have to find a patch. Out of curiosity though, did you try in on another emulator, like epsxe?

5eekerR1ch4rdRah1 08-02-2009 09:52 PM

No I hadn't. Would that really help the matter though?

If it is protected how would I get around that?

InVerse 08-02-2009 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5eekerR1ch4rdRah1 (Post 91954)
No I hadn't. Would that really help the matter though?

It would if there's a problem with psxfin's emulation that doesn't exist in another emulator.

As for how to get around protection, if that's the case... If you're lucky, someone else has already figured out a way around the protection and created a patch for it. If you're not lucky, you'll have to figure out how to hack the game yourself, which pretty much requires knowledge of the PSX's processor and associated assembly language.

5eekerR1ch4rdRah1 08-03-2009 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InVerse (Post 91957)
It would if there's a problem with psxfin's emulation that doesn't exist in another emulator.

If I were to use the actual disc instead of an iso would that avoid the problem? I'd prefer not to have to go through the hassle of setting up another emulator just for one game.

Quote:

As for how to get around protection, if that's the case... If you're lucky, someone else has already figured out a way around the protection and created a patch for it. If you're not lucky, you'll have to figure out how to hack the game yourself, which pretty much requires knowledge of the PSX's processor and associated assembly language.
Translation: I'm screwed :P I barely understand Java let alone the inner workings of a PS.

Reaper man 08-03-2009 01:37 AM

if you have the disk... try using it first, and if that doesn't work, make a RAW 1:1 copy as a ISO and try using that. If both those fail... some googling around stated that using a PAL BIOS might fix the issue (you're on your own finding one). Finally, if none of those work, there's a patch available, but I can't give it to you due to the forum rules forbidding it (it's a crack circumventing copy protection). Try finding it on your own, it shouldn't be hard.

5eekerR1ch4rdRah1 08-03-2009 02:34 AM

Thanks. You guys have been a big help.