Zophar's Message Domain

Zophar's Message Domain (http://www.zophar.net/forums/index.php)
-   Rom Hack (http://www.zophar.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Pokemon Crystal Redesign (Hack) (http://www.zophar.net/forums/showthread.php?t=9808)

kone191 10-13-2008 05:28 PM

Pokemon Crystal Redesign (Hack)

This is a incredible hack of Pokemon Crystal.
To download it come here:

http://www.zophar.net/hacks/gb/pokem...-edition2.html

COMMENT when you download this !!!
http://br.youtube.com/watch?v=vR4BSCmKBGQ

Maximum Potion 10-14-2008 02:48 AM

Hey, I'm hacking Pokémon Silver right now. I'm almost done I was wondering if you know how to edit the title screen. I looked through the file 3 times slowly with a tile editor and I can't find it.

Thanks!

Also: Haha it looks good, the hack i'm working on just makes KANTO and the Elite four harder, along with the original three starting pokémon and some retarded text hacking. You made the whole game harder? Cool.

kone191 10-14-2008 05:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maximum Potion (Post 83487)
Hey, I'm hacking Pokémon Silver right now. I'm almost done I was wondering if you know how to edit the title screen. I looked through the file 3 times slowly with a tile editor and I can't find it.

Thanks!

Also: Haha it looks good, the hack i'm working on just makes KANTO and the Elite four harder, along with the original three starting pokémon and some retarded text hacking. You made the whole game harder? Cool.

Yeah. I also couldn't edit the title screen. It's stupid thing to say right now that you've been editing pokemon silver. In crystal someone has made a trainer editor which edits probably 95% of trainers in game(you can find a boss which you can beat with one attack each :D.)

But I think that you use GoldMap to make it ? I found one year ago a hack to GoldMap editor which changed it to CrystalMap. So I used it to edit tiles in this map.

kone191 10-14-2008 05:10 AM

How did you edit texts in the game ?
(I think I could change some stupid comments which people say which aren't true in my hack.)

P.S When you play my hack I could reckon that it will take JUST ABOUT 30 hours to beat.
(You will encounter many random battles and if you don't fight them you lose at gyms...)

Maximum Potion 10-14-2008 12:01 PM

Well I did the whole thing with Hexpose... To edit the text all you need is the table file from giegue's RBGSC guide on rom hacking.net.

I didn't want to use goldmap or anything like that, It's more fun in my opinion to do it all in hex.

InVerse 10-15-2008 03:36 AM

Wow, you actually used Hexposure? I was planning on doing a simple translation with Hexpose and Tile Layer as a ironic joke of sorts. You should check out Windhex by Bongo, it can do everything Hexposure can do and it's a Windows program.

kone191 10-16-2008 08:35 AM

Now JOHTO-area is completely changed and patch for it can be found for it. When you start playing it you should probably be in poke center/mart so you don't get stuck anywhere. Just replace new patched rom to older version.

kone191 10-20-2008 04:25 PM

I thought that Ash (Red) was too easy so I made him harder to beat.

It's in Crystal Redesign 1.35 patch and it can be downloaded now.

Don't be a loser, take true challenge at the end and download update now :)

Fla Flash 10-24-2008 05:37 PM

Heh. I've just downloaded it and I'll try it tonight. I'm interested to see if you made the gameplay tougher than I did.
Looks great, btw.

symbolic X 10-25-2008 01:25 AM

How do I use this IPS patch to go with the PMC rom?

FireEmblemGuy 10-25-2008 04:02 AM

ZD should still have all their patching utilities in the tools section; assuming it's there I recommend LunarIPS. Put the IPS in the same folder as your .gbc Pokemon Crystal ROM and follow the patching instructions included with your patcher.

Alternatively, if you're using an emulator, you might just be able to name the IPS and ROM the same thing(e.g., crystal.ips and crystal.gbc) in the same folder and run the GBC game with the emulator; most have built-in patchers.

kone191 10-25-2008 04:46 AM

You need to have crystal.GBC file , Lunar IPS and Crystal Redesign 1.35.ips file.
Then open Lunar IPS, choose Apply IPS Patch. Then search for IPS file where you downloaded it(=Crystal Redesign 1.35). Finally choose crystal.GBC file.
Then it should say "The file was succesfully patched". Then start just playing new crystal.GBC file. You can rename it if you want.

kone191 10-25-2008 04:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flash (Post 83702)
Heh. I've just downloaded it and I'll try it tonight. I'm interested to see if you made the gameplay tougher than I did.
Looks great, btw.

I think that this hack is hard. RED is really TOUGH, I can say that!!! If you downloaded the guide file you can see what information there is: The most important thing is to cheat to get lv100 pokemon at the end of the game. Before it cheating is useless. That's because RED is really TOUGH. I can say only that my lv100 mewtwo usually was dead after Red's Raichu's Thunderbolt attack :D.

Reaper man 10-25-2008 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kone191 (Post 83724)
I think that this hack is hard. RED is really TOUGH, I can say that!!! If you downloaded the guide file you can see what information there is: The most important thing is to cheat to get lv100 pokemon at the end of the game. Before it cheating is useless. That's because RED is really TOUGH. I can say only that my lv100 mewtwo usually was dead after Red's Raichu's Thunderbolt attack :D.

I think unfair difficulty (to the point where you recommend cheating to get through it) is rather pointless and stupid.

kone191 10-25-2008 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper man (Post 83725)
I think unfair difficulty (to the point where you recommend cheating to get through it) is rather pointless and stupid.

I only wanted to make Red hard to beat. If you could beat him with lv80 pokemon just and just, it wouldn't be hard if you leveled up to 90.
But it's pretty easy to cheat your pokemon to lv100. I used cheats that I always encounter a pokemon which looks like lv255 mewtwo and just killed it again and again to get every 6 pokemon to lv100. (took about 20minutes)

I think that many peole like to have challenge at the end of the game. Nobody assumed to battle pokemon which Red has. Battle against Red is truly awesome and it wouldn't be that if you could have stronger pokemon.

Maximum Potion 10-26-2008 04:08 PM

Yeah it's not a challenge if you have to cheat. It's just dumb.

kone191 10-26-2008 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maximum Potion (Post 83760)
Yeah it's not a challenge if you have to cheat. It's just dumb.

Should I make him easier ? (It takes normally about 3-4 hours to level up to lv100. I had myself lv90 pokemon and then I just didn't stand it anymore so I decided to cheat at the end. Only thing why I made this is that I wanted Red to be a true challenge so anyone couldn't just level up much and beat him that way.)
And why should he be easier ? When you meet Red you're even at the end part.

P.S Version 1.40 coming next week...

Maximum Potion 10-26-2008 06:13 PM

The way I see it, red should be a challenge based on what level your pokémon should be by the time they get to him, wothout training endlessly like a noob. Just see what level you're at by the time you reach him by playing through the game, fighting most of the trainers and the wild encounters you run into on your path. Then, say by then you're lvl 80, make his guys like 90 or something... In my silver hack i'm testing, I gave him 89-98 pokémon, some legendary pokémon, and I pretty much left all of johto's lvls the same, but I toughened up kanto so you could climb to the right level through playing through the game, and not by power leveling.

kone191 10-26-2008 07:03 PM

Okay, but in my hack Red has much more than lv100 pokemon :).
Even Gym leaders in Kanto are that strong.
But I could do also easier hack file where Red isn't that strong.
People can try to beat Red in this hack if they can.
But I will do it still hard to lv75 pokemon to beat, that's for sure.
(Usually your starter pokemon is even at lv100 at the end, without getting levels in grass.)

AkaneJones 10-27-2008 11:29 AM

You could just add a water area to an area only reachable at the end game that has no water and then make it so you only fish up lvl100 Magikarp that only know splash but drops a butt load of experience. That way people can reasonably level up their pokémon with out that sort of issue. Obviously lvl100 is max so you can't make him easier by leveling. But really Pokémon doesn't normally have random encounters of pokémon over lvl75 so getting those last 25 is always hard. This is just the kind of work around found in lots of other games. Why else does Dragon Quest have Metal Slimes, Final Fantasy have Cactaur, or those Gold Slimes in Breath of Fire.

kone191 10-27-2008 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AkaneJones (Post 83785)
You could just add a water area to an area only reachable at the end game that has no water and then make it so you only fish up lvl100 Magikarp that only know splash but drops a butt load of experience. That way people can reasonably level up their pokémon with out that sort of issue. Obviously lvl100 is max so you can't make him easier by leveling. But really Pokémon doesn't normally have random encounters of pokémon over lvl75 so getting those last 25 is always hard. This is just the kind of work around found in lots of other games. Why else does Dragon Quest have Metal Slimes, Final Fantasy have Cactaur, or those Gold Slimes in Breath of Fire.

Truly you can see over lv80 pokemons (max.lv90) in Silver Cave so leveling up isn't a problem. (You get usually 2000-3000 experience per battle.) Training in grass is just boring I think...and in indigo plateau you get also levels pretty easily by going it again and again.

And Magikarp don't give much experience. If you play my game you can see it with Kanto pokemon trainers.

kone191 11-04-2008 05:24 PM

I wanted to make this game complete fast so here is updated version 1.80.

Now Pokecenters and Marts are changed so don't be inside them when you copy new version and replace it with older. Some other areas also changed (Cerulean Gym, Celadon Game Corner, Fuchsia City...).

If anyone of you could help me using some kind of hex editor to edit text that would be a great help. I know myself what hexadecimals are but I can't figure it out if I for example edit hexadecimals FA to B9 what it does in the game itself.

And if someone wanted to edit texts for this game himself that would be great too :). Answer if you could help me with this only problem in this hack.

Download updated hack here: http://www.zophar.net/hacks/gb/pokem...esign-543.html

The 9th Sage 11-06-2008 06:38 AM

Wow, the pictures on that page are huge when you click on them.

Reaper man 11-06-2008 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kone191 (Post 83975)
Yeah, I clicked Print Screen on my keyboard and pasted it to paint.
That's why the pictures are so big. (I played with full screen)

Fla Flash 11-07-2008 01:42 PM

Points about making the game more difficult are important. Especially throwing a curveball at somebody who knows the game real well. Imagination and creativeness are more important than having to use a cheat.
While I admire what you've done graphically, having to use a cheat doesn't really improve gameplay - it kind of spoils it.

kone191 11-07-2008 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fla Flash (Post 83991)
Points about making the game more difficult are important. Especially throwing a curveball at somebody who knows the game real well. Imagination and creativeness are more important than having to use a cheat.
While I admire what you've done graphically, having to use a cheat doesn't really improve gameplay - it kind of spoils it.

In 1.80 version when I changed Pokeleague you are able to level up your party to lv100 much easily.
It took me 2 hours and that don't feel much if you level one pokemon per time.
And you don't truly even need 6 pokemon to beat Red if you have good strategy. When I posted 1.80 version I also edited that text in Misc files so there doesn't even is that code message anymore.
I've played this game through 3 times myself by testing it and two last times beat Red without leveling up with gameshark codes. You will see that it's pretty easy to get your pokemon to 100 levels in this hack.

Maximum Potion 11-07-2008 09:37 PM

Maybe you should finish the hack instead of updating it every week or so... It doesn't really make any sense... And to edit the text use the guide on romhacking.net it's really not that hard...

kone191 11-08-2008 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maximum Potion (Post 84007)
Maybe you should finish the hack instead of updating it every week or so... It doesn't really make any sense... And to edit the text use the guide on romhacking.net it's really not that hard...

It's already finished and I'm just fixing bugs which I find but it's fully playable right now.
I think I probably created my tablefile somehow wrong.
When I loaded other table files they worked but when I made a table file
of my hack I can see hexadecimals on the left and on the right there is nothing.

How should I make a table file of my hack ?

Maximum Potion 11-09-2008 04:25 AM

Well when you open the rom in hex it should make a table file for you. A useless one for text editing soooooo... Open that table file in notepad or whatever and input Guiege's table file (From romhacking). Then save and re-open your rom and you're set. Remember to select the text side lol.

ALSO: All the game's text is pretty randomly placed... It's all without context so if you're only changing a few things it's no big deal, but... If you want to make a huge difference what I did was play through the game and every time I talked to someone I text searched it and then changed it. Y'know so i know which person says what.

kone191 11-09-2008 06:08 AM

Maximum Potion: Well when you open the rom in hex it should make a table file for you.

I'm opening my crystal.gbc file with hexposure and I did nothing but clicked save changes. Nothing happened. I don't have any table file of my hack.

Are you using Dosbox to make this ? I think that it's my problem.

Hat 11-10-2008 04:05 PM

You should try WindHex like InVerse said, also if you're into hacking the oldskool Pokemon games you should visit these forums aswell:

pkmncommunity.com
twilight-hacking.darkbb.com

Me and a few other people thought pkmncommunity was too much about the newer (Pokemon) games so we have that Twilight Hacking board for general GB/C games, but have a look at them both anyway.

kone191 11-10-2008 05:14 PM

I think that pokecommunity is also mostly for ruby, emerald, pearl...and so on.
You're administor in twilight-hacking.darkbb.com yourself :D.
I will try to use that WindHex if I could get it work. If I can I will probably make some minor text changes for the game.

Reaper man 11-10-2008 05:19 PM

this might be a really really dumb question, but isn't the text and graphics for the pokemon games compressed?

kone191 11-11-2008 06:36 PM

I couldn't make text editing work because WindHex couldn't load the table file properly. But that doesn't matter now.
It would have been boring to edit text for my hack but I have else in my mind:

Now that I finished this hack I've nothing to do right now so I got an interesting idea !

NEW POKEMON CRYSTAL HACK !!! ;)

I'm going to start making new hack now and I will tell more when it will be released in the future.

Rattlehead 11-12-2008 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maximum Potion (Post 83770)
The way I see it, red should be a challenge based on what level your pokémon should be by the time they get to him, wothout training endlessly like a noob. Just see what level you're at by the time you reach him by playing through the game, fighting most of the trainers and the wild encounters you run into on your path. Then, say by then you're lvl 80, make his guys like 90 or something... In my silver hack i'm testing, I gave him 89-98 pokémon, some legendary pokémon, and I pretty much left all of johto's lvls the same, but I toughened up kanto so you could climb to the right level through playing through the game, and not by power leveling.

I thought that Red's Pokémons' stats were based on your (the player's) Pokémons' stats, right? They're within 5-7 levels or so, anyway (I think). It's been forever since I last played that game.

FireEmblemGuy 11-13-2008 01:39 AM

No, all enemy stats were preset.

kone191 11-13-2008 03:32 PM

I've been wondering if anyone of you has played this game from beginning to face Red at the end ?
If you have were you able to beat him ???

Also: Check my signature under this text. I modified it just and there are videos of my hack in youtube nick: Miksy91. And there is a video of beginning my 2nd crystal hack, I think it will be better than this one, (I've made it now from beginning to Union Cave).

Enochvm 11-13-2008 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kone191 (Post 83476)
This is a incredible hack of Pokemon Crystal which I just posted here.
To download it come here:

[url]http://www.zophar.net/hacks/gb/pokemon-crystal-edition/Pokemon-Crystal-Redesign-543.html[/url]

COMMENT when you download this !!!

yeah how do you actually get to play it? i downloaded the crystal rom and your patch and i have ispwin but i dont know what i have to do to actually patch it and play it. btw i have virtualboyadvanced

The 9th Sage 11-14-2008 03:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enochvm (Post 84166)
yeah how do you actually get to play it? i downloaded the crystal rom and your patch and i have ispwin but i dont know what i have to do to actually patch it and play it. btw i have virtualboyadvanced

Try renaming the patch to the same name as the ROM and sticking it in the same folder as the ROM file. I'm pretty sure VBA can automatically patch the game this way (at least VBA-M can).

kone191 11-14-2008 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The 9th Sage (Post 84175)
Try renaming the patch to the same name as the ROM and sticking it in the same folder as the ROM file. I'm pretty sure VBA can automatically patch the game this way (at least VBA-M can).

If this doesn't work install Lunar IPS in Zophar's Domain (it's in Utilities I think).
Open Lunar Ips and click apply ips patch.
Then double click your crystal rom file.

kone191 11-16-2008 11:46 AM

Check my nick in youtube to find videos of my hacks.
There are one of pokemon crystal redesign and a prewiew-beginning video of my 2nd crystal hack (Pokemon Crystal World).
I made also a video when I battle against Red in hacked pokemon crystal rom. (It's so long and hard so it's in 2 parts.)
That battle isn't in my redesign hack but it's something else.

My nick is Miksy91 and comment and rate my videos if you have an account on youtube.

Rattlehead 11-22-2008 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper man (Post 83978)

This was epic, Reaper man. Honestly, this was pretty damned funny.

kone191 12-10-2008 12:48 PM

Hey I wanted to tell you that I posted my Chrono Trigger hack in this site.
If you want to try it out it's a very hard gameplay hack for Chrono so if you think Chrono Trigger is easy test it out (enemies are usually 5 times stronger and bosses have also 2 times more HP). Also some text changes have been made. Check Chrono Trigger Impossible in Chrono Trigger hacks (SNES).

Also my Crystal World hack is coming really soon (only a JOHTO-version beta though). You can beat Pokeleague in that hack and I've already made it to Blackthorn City.