Zophar's Message Domain

Zophar's Message Domain (http://www.zophar.net/forums/index.php)
-   General Emulation (http://www.zophar.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   32x genisis device (http://www.zophar.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1945)

metbot 07-24-2004 04:16 PM

32x genisis device

the other day i got a 32x (well at least i think its a 32x cause 32x games fit in it) but i dont even know...what to do with. does it not work with my genisis?(cause sega released nearly 6 different genisises)

<P ID="signature"></P>

Ugly Joe 07-24-2004 05:08 PM

Re: 32x genisis device

> the other day i got a 32x (well at least i think its a 32x
> cause 32x games fit in it) but i dont even know...what to do
> with. does it not work with my genisis?(cause sega released
> nearly 6 different genisises)

Are you sure you have all the cables for it? I don't think I've ever seen a used one for sale that wasn't missing pieces. There's the power cable, the video cable that goes from the 32x to the tv (only two rca plugs, one audio/ one video), a cable that goes from the Genesis's video out to the 32x (also there is an adapter cable to attach to this cable if you have an older Genesis). There are also these metal dealies that you're supposed to use to pry open the cartridge slot. I don't know what they do, exactly, but I've managed to get it to work without them. If you do have everything, try seeing if the cables can hook up any other way (i seem to recall having one of the cables plugged in upside down, so check for that). Also, the output will be sent through the 32x's output cables, not through the AV or RF of the Genesis (though you might get some sound and minor graphics out of those). Best of luck to you.

<P ID="signature"></P>

metbot 07-24-2004 06:07 PM

now that you said all that im not even sure it is a 32x yeah you have to pry open the cartridge slot. but the main problem is it dont go all the way down into the cartridge slot. are they compatible with the 2nd model genisis?

<P ID="signature"></P>

Ugly Joe 07-24-2004 06:29 PM

> now that you said all that im not even sure it is a 32x yeah
> you have to pry open the cartridge slot. but the main
> problem is it dont go all the way down into the cartridge
> slot. are they compatible with the 2nd model genisis?

Oh yes, I had forgotten about that. There is also a plastic spacer kind of thing for the newer models. I doubt it's necessary, but I can't test it myself since I don't have the power supply for my model 2 Genesis. Just make sure it's pushed as far into the cartridge slot as it can go.

<P ID="signature"></P>

MegaManJuno 07-24-2004 09:55 PM

> Oh yes, I had forgotten about that. There is also a plastic spacer kind of thing for the newer models. I doubt it's necessary, but I can't test it myself since I don't have the power supply for my model 2 Genesis. Just make sure it's pushed as far into the cartridge slot as it can go.

----------

Not absolutely necessary as I've used mine on my model 2 Genesis without a spacer... Although it might make the connection a little more "stable".

<P ID="signature"></P>