Zophar's Message Domain

Zophar's Message Domain (http://www.zophar.net/forums/index.php)
-   Talk of the Town (http://www.zophar.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   R4 For Nintendo DS's (http://www.zophar.net/forums/showthread.php?t=14571)

Bannanas 09-29-2010 07:35 AM

R4 For Nintendo DS's

Aye guys just bought my second r4 but this time it was way cheaper, anyways lets take a look: http://www.priceangels.com/R4_Revolu...ck__p2074.html

Its: Price :$3.19
:director: Thats fu*king amazing

Have you bought one of PriceAngels?
People are saying it takes 2 weeks or more to deliver, thats not a problem though.

Im not worryed if its a scam because only cost 3 bucks but i looked at this:
This was from a review.

Cons: nothing really, just make sure u dont abuse it, like step on it or get it wet just respect it like gold, because it is! p.s shipping for me was about 17 to get to my house from when i bout it, be prepared to wait, i live in cali just to give you some insight

17 Bucks for shiping when it says?~!: FREE SHIPPING

This is a clone of the real r4 aprently but it works just like one, anything i will need to know? Like the last i got one was maybe 1/2 years ago and i cant remember what i put on there i think it was a kernal of sumthing.
This is a clone so maybe i need to put something else on?~

Cheers :bigthumbup:

The 9th Sage 09-29-2010 03:38 PM

Any R4 you buy is probably going to be a clone (the company who made the original ones was sued into oblivion). If you get one, don't expect frequent updates to their software, if any. If you want a DS flashcart I'd suggest something else, like Supercard DSOne (or DSTwo) or maybe one of the Acekard products.

Bannanas 09-29-2010 03:43 PM

Ok thanks! Ive sent the money, but no email sent to me (It was ment to send to me 30 mins after buying, i just bought like 8 hours ago by looking at this forum time.. O.o scammed? )

schmocke 09-29-2010 09:43 PM

Hey Bannanas. You wonīt be happy with a 3$ R4-Clone. As The 9th Sage mentioned - there are very few updates to the Firmware and OS of such Flashcards, so donīt expect newer games to work. I recommend a DSTWO too. I bought one four weeks ago and Iīm very pleased with it. Okay, itīs pricy since itīs new - 30-40$ (mine was 39€, free delivered) but itīs worth the money.

The 9th Sage 09-30-2010 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schmocke (Post 101386)
Hey Bannanas. You wonīt be happy with a 3$ R4-Clone. As The 9th Sage mentioned - there are very few updates to the Firmware and OS of such Flashcards, so donīt expect newer games to work. I recommend a DSTWO too. I bought one four weeks ago and Iīm very pleased with it. Okay, itīs pricy since itīs new - 30-40$ (mine was 39€, free delivered) but itīs worth the money.

Yeah, I really love my DSTwo. Especially now that the SNES emulator is out.

Bannanas 09-30-2010 02:56 AM

Aprently this r4 works with the latest kernal (Watch a utube vid :D) is this what you mran by updatesŋ

The 9th Sage 09-30-2010 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bannanas (Post 101395)
Aprently this r4 works with the latest kernal (Watch a utube vid :D) is this what you mran by updatesŋ

Latest kernel of what? Even if it's compatible with 'original' R4 stuff, that stuff hasn't been updated in a while that I'm aware of. If it's a clone, chances are it runs on something entirely different (there's a lot of R4 clones that are actually clones of a bunch of different flash carts).

If you're lucky you'll get one that's entirely compatible with the original R4...in that case, you could run WoodR4, which is a lot more up to date in every way than the original R4 software would be.

InVerse 09-30-2010 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schmocke (Post 101386)
donīt expect newer games to work

Most homebrew developers don't use anti-piracy measures.

jdev 09-30-2010 04:05 AM

I like my 3 dollar R4 clone. I use it just for GBA games, though. I think it's supposed to be good with the Wood firmware. Or something, I wasn't paying a lot of attention to that.

Bannanas 09-30-2010 04:06 AM

So new games will work aye?