Zophar's Message Domain

Zophar's Message Domain (http://www.zophar.net/forums/index.php)
-   Talk of the Town (http://www.zophar.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   ARProductions2009's review thread (http://www.zophar.net/forums/showthread.php?t=10056)

ARProductions2009 12-18-2008 01:10 AM

ARProductions2009's review thread

(Admin's note: There were too many of these. I felt it would be a bit cleaner to just merge all of these into one thread. It makes more sense that way. Also, you could subscribe to this thread to get more reviews from sprint car fan, but I don't see why you would... ;p

Admin's note 2: Come to think of it, this should be in gaming/console talk. Moving.)

This is my first ever game review. I hope you enjoy. I am not trying to be the best reviewer out there.

Super Mario Bros (NES):

Watch in HD if you like

Yes I was a bit nervous

SpaceTiger 12-18-2008 03:30 AM

You might want to consider writing out a script or an outline beforehand, it will help keep you focused when you're speaking. A game review should be like a book report in school, but with slightly less formal language. Address the specific details of the game, emphasizing the pros and cons, and try to avoid colloquialisms like, "that was cool", unless accompanied by the kind of imagery needed for your listener to agree with you.

Since SMB is a known classic, it might be good to focus on those things modern gamers might be frustrated with (e.g. no ability to save, occasional glitches, boxy graphics, imperfect hit detection). This is not for the sake of trashing the game, but just to emphasize how we've improved on it.

ARProductions2009 12-18-2008 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpaceTiger (Post 84978)
You might want to consider writing out a script or an outline beforehand, it will help keep you focused when you're speaking. A game review should be like a book report in school, but with slightly less formal language. Address the specific details of the game, emphasizing the pros and cons, and try to avoid colloquialisms like, "that was cool", unless accompanied by the kind of imagery needed for your listener to agree with you.

Since SMB is a known classic, it might be good to focus on those things modern gamers might be frustrated with (e.g. no ability to save, occasional glitches, boxy graphics, imperfect hit detection). This is not for the sake of trashing the game, but just to emphasize how we've improved on it.

Thanks for the ideas. I was nervous making this video, and well. I didn't know how it was gonna turn out. I plan on writing a script for the next video.

I got a lot of work to do on these videos. I had a pros and cons recorded. Just the thing is. I thought I sounded like a idiot. lol

It might be a while before the next review. Might be a few days. I am fighting a cold, and last night I slipped and fell on some ice. So I am recovering from that.

Anyways. thanks for the ideas!

ARProductions2009 12-20-2008 01:17 AM

Game Review #2: Kirby's Dream Land

I have another game review done. This time I did Kirbyís Dream Land for the Gameboy. Hopefully this is a bit better then Super Mario Bros:

You can either watch it now. Or wait for the High Definition to kick in. This is my last review until after Christmas. I hope you enjoy this. Yes I was once again i was nervous

ARProductions2009 12-22-2008 03:01 AM

Games That Are Great #2: The BJ Shea Outer Space Experience

Another episode of Games That Are Great:

Games That Are Great #2:

toasterhed 12-27-2008 06:20 PM

As far as your review, I found it a bit verbose. Your focus was more about how you felt about the game rather than examining the game mechanics, graphics, etc. You should work on toning down the language and focusing more on what the game elements are instead of giving away the ending/game and waiting until the end to actually give feedback about the game. I'm not trying to give you a hard time. Just constructive criticism. You'll reach a far broader audience if you are more concise and less "wordy".

I love this game. Superstar (SNES) will always be the best. I wonder if they have a game for Wii? *goes to look*

Anyways, Kirby is awesome. I know it's very much a kid's game but I enjoy it.

That brings up an important question indeed, what IS Kirby?

The 9th Sage 12-28-2008 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toasterhed (Post 85171)
I love this game. Superstar (SNES) will always be the best. I wonder if they have a game for Wii? *goes to look*

Not as of yet, unless you count Kirby 64 over on the Virtual Console. I think Kirby's Adventure for the NES is also up on there.

ARProductions2009 01-01-2009 01:01 AM

Game Review #3: Alcatraz (Super Mario Bros ROM Hack)

Game Review #3

Alcatraz (Super Mario Bros ROM Hack)

Watch it now or watch it in HD

Thanks for watching!

chiefmonkey 01-01-2009 07:40 AM

1. The swearing. It feels so forced, it's a bit of a turnoff. Nothing wrong with swearing, but it has to be executed properly, or else you're just trying to do it to be funny.

2. "Kooper Troopers?" Really!?

3. The game doesn't look THAT hard actually. You're dying on some relatively easy shit. And your screaming rage when you die is harsh to listen to. I mean you're that mad that you simply ran into a fireline in Bowser's castle? Jesus, man, video games get a lot harder than that. Settle down.

Your videos wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the forced shouting into the mic.

ARProductions2009 01-01-2009 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by White Light Brown (Post 85343)
1. The swearing. It feels so forced, it's a bit of a turnoff. Nothing wrong with swearing, but it has to be executed properly, or else you're just trying to do it to be funny.

2. "Kooper Troopers?" Really!?

3. The game doesn't look THAT hard actually. You're dying on some relatively easy shit. And your screaming rage when you die is harsh to listen to. I mean you're that mad that you simply ran into a fireline in Bowser's castle? Jesus, man, video games get a lot harder than that. Settle down.

Your videos wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the forced shouting into the mic.

I admit I fucked up...sorry

Hopefully they will get better

I apologize for my last review for sucking so much ass. It was just a fuckin mess.

Hopefully the next one is better.

I also read comments that I was sounding like a ripoff of the AVGN and the Super Mario Bros Frustration Guy. Well I am not intending to do it, and if I did sound like it. I apologize.

For those of you who liked it. Thanks, I really don't like it, but thanks for watching it.

It's just tough doing this. I get really nervous.

ARProductions2009 01-03-2009 07:28 PM

Game Review #4: Donkey Kong

New review, Donkey Kong for the NES

Hopefully this is better than that last shitbomb
Take care, and Enjoy!! :D

chiefmonkey 01-04-2009 02:26 AM

1. No mention of the Pie Factory level missing from the NES version?

2. The falling from heights and dying thing: not a flaw, that was programmed in to make it harder

3. "Fireball type dudes?"

4. That's not Mario; that's Jumpman. He was named Mario later on (when "Mario Bros." came out I think)

5. It was not released for the NES in 1981. The NES was released in '85.

ARProductions2009 01-04-2009 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by White Light Brown (Post 85465)
1. No mention of the Pie Factory level missing from the NES version?

2. The falling from heights and dying thing: not a flaw, that was programmed in to make it harder

3. "Fireball type dudes?"

4. That's not Mario; that's Jumpman. He was named Mario later on (when "Mario Bros." came out I think)

5. It was not released for the NES in 1981. The NES was released in '85.

It's already been pointed out that i screwed up another review. I need to do more research. Sorry :(

chiefmonkey 01-04-2009 11:49 PM

How old are you? I'm not asking to be insulting, but if you're pretty young, it would explain why you don't know much about old NES games.

I've been playing video games since 1987, so I know NES pretty well. :)

ARProductions2009 01-05-2009 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by White Light Brown (Post 85483)
How old are you? I'm not asking to be insulting, but if you're pretty young, it would explain why you don't know much about old NES games.

I've been playing video games since 1987, so I know NES pretty well. :)

I am 20 years old. I been playing games since age 4, so that would be 1992, I played alot of old games. I just plain screwed up the review.

ARProductions2009 01-05-2009 07:05 PM

Game Review #5: From The Legend of Balubalouk

Game Review #5: From The Legend of Balubalouk

A new review. Now, I am gonna say this now. This game is in Japanese, if I mispronounced something. I apologize in adavance. Thanks

The 9th Sage 01-06-2009 06:06 PM

Aw, there's always next time. I don't think I'd do very well reviewing a game were it me.

toasterhed 01-07-2009 11:01 PM

The version in your review is actually the arcade version. The NES version looks different if I remember correctly. The arcade did actually come out in 1981. If that helps a little bit.

These things happen though. YouTube is a tough crowd. Not to mention the trolls. I have to agree with 9th Sage I dunno how well I'd do with it either.

At the very least, have fun with it.

ARProductions2009 01-08-2009 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toasterhed (Post 85641)
The version in your review is actually the arcade version. The NES version looks different if I remember correctly. The arcade did actually come out in 1981. If that helps a little bit.

These things happen though. YouTube is a tough crowd. Not to mention the trolls. I have to agree with 9th Sage I dunno how well I'd do with it either.

At the very least, have fun with it.

Well I was using a NES emulator so it has to be the NES version. I dunno. I guess people just don't like my reviews

ARProductions2009 01-08-2009 07:09 PM

Game Review #6: Batman Forever (Sega Game Gear version)

Game Review #6: Batman Forever (Sega Game Gear version)

Hope you enjoy, Sorry its so short, and I feel like I talked a bit fast.

Thanks for watching

Also, before you say I stole this idea from the Angry Video Game Nerd, he did the Sega Genesis version of the game. This is the Game Gear version. I do plan on doing a review of the Sega Genesis version, but I honestly thought that game was pretty cool. I am not trying to be a copycat. I was playing this game and thought it needed a review.

toasterhed 01-09-2009 04:42 AM

I know what he is saying is correct about it being released in 1981 and the Nintendo not being released until several years later. I do stand corrected however, your right it's the NES version. I suppose they just had the same copyright from 1981? Not sure but I'd say that it. Just because the date on the game says something doesn't mean it'll always give you the date it came out?? I guess... that is a bit confusing. I'd try to look it up before hand just to be sure.

chiefmonkey 01-09-2009 06:08 AM

wow. what a shitty game.

ARProductions2009 01-09-2009 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by White Light Brown (Post 85716)
wow. what a shitty game.

Yes, it was, very shitty

ARProductions2009 01-09-2009 06:20 PM

Yea, I need to look more into a game, then just go and play it

Fla Flash 01-09-2009 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sprint_car_fan2007 (Post 85737)
Yea, I need to look more into a game, then just go and play it

Take ten bucks out of petty cash. You just got the most important part of it.

ARProductions2009 01-09-2009 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fla Flash (Post 85739)
Take ten bucks out of petty cash. You just got the most important part of it.

what do you mean?

chiefmonkey 01-10-2009 08:01 AM

I think that's old fogey speak for "get that man a cookie, he's got it figured out"

ARProductions2009 01-11-2009 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by White Light Brown (Post 85746)
I think that's old fogey speak for "get that man a cookie, he's got it figured out"

Ok, I am still confused here

Lillymon 01-11-2009 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sprint_car_fan2007 (Post 85758)
Ok, I am still confused here

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/6...ersmallcy7.jpg

Epic facepalm for epic fail (click image for super-epic version). This should be archived for future generations.

ARProductions2009 01-12-2009 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lillymon (Post 85762)
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/6...ersmallcy7.jpg

Epic facepalm for epic fail (click image for super-epic version). This should be archived for future generations.

How about this, I am not in the mood for your retarded ass comments ok? Just because I didn't know what he was saying, doesn't mean you can post stupid crap like this.

Reaper man 01-12-2009 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sprint_car_fan2007 (Post 85773)
How about this, I am not in the mood for your retarded ass comments ok? Just because I didn't know what he was saying, doesn't mean you can post stupid crap like this.

I'd be nice. Not only is she a senior member here, but she could ban your ass in a heartbeat. ;p

Also, I hate saying this but, her response was just about perfect.

toasterhed 01-12-2009 05:40 AM

I'm not going to say anything else because I'm sure this could easily flame up and I don't want to get my butt in trouble as well.

My suggestion... find somewhere else to post your reviews.

As they say: "If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the fire."

The 9th Sage 01-12-2009 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toasterhed (Post 85781)
I'm not going to say anything else because I'm sure this could easily flame up and I don't want to get my butt in trouble as well.

At the same time, moderators and admins probably shouldn't flame people.

toasterhed 01-12-2009 04:22 PM

*scurries away*

ARProductions2009 01-12-2009 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toasterhed (Post 85781)

SO your saying you don't want me posting my reviews here??? Is that what you are saying, because if you don't want me to, then I won't.

toasterhed 01-12-2009 05:32 PM

Well, actually no. It's just that if I got burned like that I would post my stuff somewhere else. Obviously there is some indication. And I do think 9th sage is right.

And I know I should try to be less harsh. Though I've tried to be really nice to everyone. I'm not taking sides here. I thought it was funny, maybe that was inappropriate and I apologize. It was some early hour in the morning and I was maybe wasn't thinking the best? Besides reaper man is right, peeving off a mod is like peeing in your own cheerios. I think that was more my point. But see, she didn't say anything after that.

I actually was more or less saying that if you can't deal with people telling you the truth how they feel about your reviews or thoughts, as in it's stressing you out. Why bother?

I know at times people said stuff that I thought was mean on a forum. But you know what, I kept posting. Everyone isn't going to like everything I say. People are going to do what they do. That includes sometimes pissing us off. And the best way to deal with it is to just let it roll off your back. Usually if you take it in stride people will leave you be.

I digress. Perhaps I was mean. I really honestly don't like your reviews. But you are welcome to do as you please. It's not up to me what gets posted and what doesn't. But I'm not going to candy-coat anything for anyone. I had to learn once that the world isn't sunshine and rainbows all the time. In fact it pretty much sucks. But this is way off topic.

I should have never had posted that. I knew it too. You have to take me with a grain of salt man. which makes no sense, but it doesn't need to. It's just the net. If I were you I would honestly just stop cussing and yelling and then your reviews would be a little more tolerable. There... I said it appropriately.

Pardon me sir. I didn't mean to offend. *truce*

ARProductions2009 01-12-2009 06:54 PM

Its not this stressing me. It was other things that I am angry at, and I thought that stupid facepalm thing was dumb

Like I have told other people. If you don't like my reviews, I am not forcing you to watch it.

ARProductions2009 01-12-2009 10:18 PM

You know what, I am just gonna apologize, for acting like a dickhead. I am sorry

The 9th Sage 01-13-2009 04:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sprint_car_fan2007 (Post 85804)
You know what, I am just gonna apologize, for acting like a dickhead. I am sorry

Well, I'm sure folks appreciate the thought, but don't worry. Chances are no one will remember this in a few days. ;)

ARProductions2009 01-13-2009 09:51 PM

Games That Are Horrible #3: Carmageddon PSX

Another horrible game

Although the PC version is a classic

Lillymon 01-14-2009 01:16 AM

I once played this on the PC. Looking back, it seems a bit like Burnout's cooler, edgier older brother. Burnout is more fun, but it's a bit square next Carmageddon. I should look for it on a torrent site, I'll probably be able to get it working in DOSBox/VirtualBox.

There seems to be a rather severe audio/video sync problem going on in that video. Was it like that in the emulator or did that happen when the video was uploaded? I can see what you're talking about with the controls though, was it that bad on the real console?

ARProductions2009 01-14-2009 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lillymon (Post 85823)
I once played this on the PC. Looking back, it seems a bit like Burnout's cooler, edgier older brother. Burnout is more fun, but it's a bit square next Carmageddon. I should look for it on a torrent site, I'll probably be able to get it working in DOSBox/VirtualBox.

There seems to be a rather severe audio/video sync problem going on in that video. Was it like that in the emulator or did that happen when the video was uploaded? I can see what you're talking about with the controls though, was it that bad on the real console?

It was the emulator, and the game.

The PSX version really blows. the PC version is badass

ARProductions2009 01-14-2009 05:02 PM

Game Review #7: Paperboy (Sega Genesis Version)

Ok, well what can I say? Iím back!! I took a little time off from doing reviews.

Game Review #7: Paperboy (Sega Genesis Version)

Thanks for watching and I hope you enjoy it.

ARProductions2009 01-15-2009 08:54 PM

Game Review #8: 3D Body Adventure

Ok, new review!

Game Review #8: 3D Body Adventure

Now I do apologize for the cursor being in the way the whole time. Damn COMPUTER!!!
Also if you get offended by anything I say in this review, cause I get a little brutal in it, then I apologize for that also.

Reaper man 01-15-2009 10:09 PM

uuuh, the game was made in 1994...

ARProductions2009 01-15-2009 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper man (Post 85870)
uuuh, the game was made in 1994...

Well it said on the game, when it was loading on DOSbox 1993, They seemed to made a mistake, as I also seen on a few other sites, that it came out in 1993.

Reaper man 01-15-2009 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sprint_car_fan2007 (Post 85871)
Well it said on the game, when it was loading on DOSbox 1993, They seemed to made a mistake, as I also seen on a few other sites, that it came out in 1993.

funny, it sounded like 1983.

ARProductions2009 01-16-2009 12:26 AM

hmm, well I said 1993, and I did do research on this game on many different sites.

Lillymon 01-16-2009 07:08 AM

Oh dear God, this is what I thought it was! This thing came bundled with my first PC! I actually played this pretty extensively, and I would say the most fun you get is in going nuts and killing the patients. Or playing drunk doctor as you wander down that corridor.

ARProductions2009 01-16-2009 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lillymon (Post 85886)
Oh dear God, this is what I thought it was! This thing came bundled with my first PC! I actually played this pretty extensively, and I would say the most fun you get is in going nuts and killing the patients. Or playing drunk doctor as you wander down that corridor.

Drunk doctor on the loose! lol. Thats what it felt like walking down the hall, it felt like i was drunk.

ARProductions2009 01-16-2009 07:58 PM

NASCAR Racing: Crashes and Smashes

new video, new series!

Reaper man 01-16-2009 08:16 PM

*looks at all the review threads*

I am about this close to just merging them all into one thread...

Edit: merged and moved, go me.

ARProductions2009 01-17-2009 05:49 AM

thanks for moving it.

ARProductions2009 01-20-2009 01:01 AM

This is not a review, but I thought you might enjoy it

This is a music video I created, I am a big fan of the Donkey Kong Monster Truck, and video games, so I thought, what the hell, lets do a music video.

Enjoy

ARProductions2009 01-21-2009 07:57 PM

New game review is out!

Game Review #9: Bigfoot

I hope you enjoy it. Expect another review tomorrow!

The 9th Sage 01-22-2009 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sprint_car_fan2007 (Post 86001)
I hope you enjoy it. Expect another review tomorrow!

Argh, that music is terrible.:crying: I think your reviews are getting better, btw.

Iconoclast 01-22-2009 07:38 PM

lmfao at the ice cream memories, among the continued awesomeness of the game reviews ;)

ARProductions2009 01-22-2009 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The 9th Sage (Post 86036)
Argh, that music is terrible.:crying: I think your reviews are getting better, btw.

Thank you, and yes, that music is terrible

ARProductions2009 01-22-2009 08:46 PM

Game Review #10: Rad Racer

I really hope you enjoy this review, Seems like everyone liked the last review, which is cool

ARProductions2009 01-23-2009 07:12 AM

If you have any suggestions of games you want me to review, let me know!

The 9th Sage 01-24-2009 01:38 AM

Hmm...how about Athena for the NES? I'm curious to find more opinions on that game...it's one of those strange games where I feel that I should be commenting on how bad it is yet for some reason I like it.

ARProductions2009 01-25-2009 04:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The 9th Sage (Post 86072)
Hmm...how about Athena for the NES? I'm curious to find more opinions on that game...it's one of those strange games where I feel that I should be commenting on how bad it is yet for some reason I like it.

I will add it to my list!

ARProductions2009 01-28-2009 08:49 PM

Game Review #11: Shadow Warriors:

I do apologize for the sound quality, and the lag on the video, the sound quality is shitty because of my headset breaking, and I was using a low grade headset, hopefully I will find a new one soon. Also the lag, well I donít really know what that was from, because it ran just fine earlier in the day when I was playing it. So I really donít know what the hell the problem was. Anyways I hope you enjoy, and hopefully the next one gets better.

Reaper man 01-28-2009 09:44 PM

wake me when you review shadow warrior

ARProductions2009 01-29-2009 07:05 PM

Game Review #12: Balloon Fight

Hopefully this is the last review with this shitty microphone. Enjoy!

ARProductions2009 02-02-2009 07:17 AM

UPDATE: Hey everyone, I thought I'd update you, a new review is coming, and matter of fact, a teaser trailer is coming hopefully tomorrow. So keep your eyes peeled.

ARProductions2009 02-02-2009 05:52 PM

Here is my first trailer.

This is for my next review

I hope you enjoy, and just so you know, the Jigsaw voice, yes I know itís a bit off, but oh well, canít always be perfect, I am working on the pitch and everything with the program I am using.

ARProductions2009 02-03-2009 08:02 PM

Game Review #13: Carmageddon GBC Version:

Hope you enjoy it. Thanks for watching

ARProductions2009 02-04-2009 01:43 AM

I am also still taking requests. So if you want a game requested let me know

The 9th Sage 02-04-2009 03:47 AM

How about Hydlide on the NES? That game is TERRIBLE.

ARProductions2009 02-04-2009 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The 9th Sage (Post 86399)
How about Hydlide on the NES? That game is TERRIBLE.

It's added to the list. Also Athena is added too

Is it always this quiet on here? You think other members would have a request.

ARProductions2009 02-04-2009 07:57 PM

Game Review #14: Galaga

Thatís right, the classic arcade game, I hope you enjoy!

Lillymon 02-05-2009 02:27 AM

Well the only thing I've been doing recently is messing around with Doom source ports (Chocolate Doom, PrBoom, and ZDoom specifically). If you want to take a look at what I've been playing with, the three I've been spending most of my time with are:

Icarus: Alien Vanguard - A classic (1995) PWAD for Doom II. Seems to play best on Chocolate Doom here, and it's pretty fun actually. From the same team that made Evilution for Final Doom.

Mock 2: The Speed of Stupid - Joke WAD for Doom II, god mode recommended. Seems to play best on ZDoom. It's a collection of things inexperienced level designers do wrong, with a rather warped sense of humour throughout. The final level is actually somewhat poetic in its own strange way.

The Sky May Be - An absolute legend, both praised as work of twisted genius and condemned as the worst WAD ever made in equal level. Designed for Doom/Ultimate Doom, and only seems to work fully in ZDoom here. Must be seen to be believed, god mode essential (not that it will help).

I've also been using MAME a bit, where I would recommend Metal Slug 3 and Puchi Carat ("Thank you for player.") as two games worth playing.

Adremalech The Wroth 02-05-2009 03:14 AM

how about a review of megaman?

ARProductions2009 02-05-2009 04:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adremalech The Wroth (Post 86433)
how about a review of megaman?

Added to my list! btw for what system?

Adremalech The Wroth 02-05-2009 08:04 AM

any.
they are all the same to me.

ARProductions2009 02-05-2009 04:54 PM

Game Review #15: Primal Rage (Sega Genesis Version):

Hope ya enjoy. Walkthrough is gonna be uploaded this afternoon. This will be my first walkthrough/Letís play video

ARProductions2009 02-05-2009 11:06 PM

Game Walkthrough #1: Primal Rage (Sega Genesis Version)

This is my first walkthrough/Letís Play video. Hope ya enjoy it!

ARProductions2009 02-08-2009 06:26 PM

Game Review #16: Dynamite Bowl

Enjoy! Sorry for it being a little short, hopefully the next game review will be a long one

Also, if my reviews aren't coming out as fast as they were, I apologize, I am going through a rough time in my life right now, and if the reviews aren't coming out like they were, I am sorry.

The 9th Sage 02-09-2009 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sprint_car_fan2007 (Post 86491)
Game Review #16: Dynamite Bowl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkPMl3jXfNI

Enjoy! Sorry for it being a little short, hopefully the next game review will be a long one

Also, if my reviews aren't coming out as fast as they were, I apologize, I am going through a rough time in my life right now, and if the reviews aren't coming out like they were, I am sorry.

Well, real life ought to take priority over this kind of thing any how.

ARProductions2009 02-09-2009 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The 9th Sage (Post 86499)
Well, real life ought to take priority over this kind of thing any how.

Right, but it also helps keeping my mind off things too.

ARProductions2009 02-12-2009 07:40 PM

Game Review #17: Chainsaw The Children

Hope ya enjoy this review, and if you want to check the game out, go here:
http://flash.playcomet.com/Action_Fi...ildren-15.html
Or you can find it on Newgrounds.com

ARProductions2009 02-14-2009 07:20 PM

Game Review #18: Command & Conquer (Nintendo 64 Version):

Thatís right, a PC game ported to a console *sighs*

ARProductions2009 02-15-2009 05:54 PM

Game Review #19: Street Fighter 2 Zero (Pirated Game):

Thatís right, a god damn pirated game!!

snesmaster40 02-15-2009 06:02 PM

Street Fighter Zero 2 = Street Fighter Alpha 2
Nash = Charlie

Charlie does fight like Guile and it's got something to do with the story. Still you might get some flaming from SF fanboys about that Nash thing.

ARProductions2009 02-15-2009 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snesmaster40 (Post 86615)
Street Fighter Zero 2 = Street Fighter Alpha 2
Nash = Charlie

Charlie does fight like Guile and it's got something to do with the story. Still you might get some flaming from SF fanboys about that Nash thing.

Oh I have already, and alot of em are from Screwattack.com

The thing is, I have not playing the Alpha series, so I didn't know, and like I said in the video, I haven't played all the Street Fighter games

ARProductions2009 02-17-2009 06:22 PM

Game Review #20: Road Rash (Sega Genesis Version):

Thatís right, the classic motorcycle racing game. This game is awesome, and a lot of fun. I hope you enjoy this review!

ARProductions2009 02-18-2009 04:15 PM

This video is a very special message from me, and well, itís kind of a thank you video to everyone who has watched, and enjoyed my videos. It really means a lot.

Enjoy

ARProductions2009 02-19-2009 07:25 PM

Game Review #21: Circus Charlie

I hope you enjoy this review, and oh btw, I am up to 100 subscribers! How cool is that. I really donít know what to say. You guys are awesome! Expect a 100 subs video coming soon. Thanks to everyone who have subscribed, and if your not subscribed, I would really appreciate it.

ARProductions2009 02-20-2009 05:15 PM

Game Review #22: Dig Dug

Thatís right, the classic game of Dig Dug, and we also have a special guest. Thatís right, Jigsaw is back, and oh yesÖthere will be blood!

ARProductions2009 02-22-2009 06:38 PM

Movie Review #1: Friday the 13th (2009)

This is my first ever movie review, and since I seen this on Friday, February 20th, I thought, what the hell lets review it. This movie I did without a script. As most should know, I do write a script of what I am gonna say for my reviews. So if this one is a bit crappy, then I apologize. Now also, before you jump the gun and saying I am ripping off AVGN because he reviewed this also. I am not ripping him off, this was something I wanted to review after seeing it.

mushroom blue 02-23-2009 09:58 PM

there are fewer things funnier than watching a whippersnapper talk about games that were released when he was 3, let alone games made before he was born.

it's kinda like that 1up article back in the day where they made kids under 13 play classic videogames for the first time, then recorded their comments.

I still fully support your efforts. if only more people did what you are doing.

ARProductions2009 02-24-2009 10:47 PM

Thanks Mushroom Blue

Also, got some news that I should share with all of you

Just so you all know, the reviews are on a bit of a hiatus, I have been very sick the last few hours or so, and a little bit of a break would be good for now. I think I am catching a flu or something, because I am feeling like total crap right now

Hopefully I can get better, and get a new review out to all of you soon.

Take care,
Aaron

The 9th Sage 02-25-2009 01:52 AM

Yeah, health is more important than reviewing crap games. :P

ARProductions2009 02-26-2009 07:59 PM

Game Walkthrough #2: House of the Dead (PC version)

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

ARProductions2009 03-03-2009 05:44 PM

Game Review #23: The Punisher (NES Version):

The well known comic book turned to game on the NES

ARProductions2009 03-04-2009 06:22 PM

Game Review #24: Athena

Oh dear godÖ.not this gameÖ.

The 9th Sage 03-05-2009 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sprint_car_fan2007 (Post 87102)
Game Review #24: Athena
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBYEcVk77Ig

Oh dear godÖ.not this gameÖ.

Haha, everything you say is true, yet I somehow still like this game. I guess I'm just masochistic. Btw, did you ever get through the first level? I find it impossible to beat that tree without a ranged weapon. There must be a way but I could never figure it out.

ARProductions2009 03-05-2009 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The 9th Sage (Post 87115)
Haha, everything you say is true, yet I somehow still like this game. I guess I'm just masochistic. Btw, did you ever get through the first level? I find it impossible to beat that tree without a ranged weapon. There must be a way but I could never figure it out.

No I never have got passed the first level