Zophar's Message Domain

Zophar's Message Domain (http://www.zophar.net/forums/index.php)
-   Talk of the Town (http://www.zophar.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   ARProductions2009's review thread (http://www.zophar.net/forums/showthread.php?t=10056)

ARProductions2009 01-03-2009 07:28 PM

Game Review #4: Donkey Kong
 
New review, Donkey Kong for the NES


Hopefully this is better than that last shitbomb
Take care, and Enjoy!! :D

chiefmonkey 01-04-2009 02:26 AM

1. No mention of the Pie Factory level missing from the NES version?

2. The falling from heights and dying thing: not a flaw, that was programmed in to make it harder

3. "Fireball type dudes?"

4. That's not Mario; that's Jumpman. He was named Mario later on (when "Mario Bros." came out I think)

5. It was not released for the NES in 1981. The NES was released in '85.

ARProductions2009 01-04-2009 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by White Light Brown (Post 85465)
1. No mention of the Pie Factory level missing from the NES version?

2. The falling from heights and dying thing: not a flaw, that was programmed in to make it harder

3. "Fireball type dudes?"

4. That's not Mario; that's Jumpman. He was named Mario later on (when "Mario Bros." came out I think)

5. It was not released for the NES in 1981. The NES was released in '85.

It's already been pointed out that i screwed up another review. I need to do more research. Sorry :(

chiefmonkey 01-04-2009 11:49 PM

How old are you? I'm not asking to be insulting, but if you're pretty young, it would explain why you don't know much about old NES games.

I've been playing video games since 1987, so I know NES pretty well. :)

ARProductions2009 01-05-2009 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by White Light Brown (Post 85483)
How old are you? I'm not asking to be insulting, but if you're pretty young, it would explain why you don't know much about old NES games.

I've been playing video games since 1987, so I know NES pretty well. :)

I am 20 years old. I been playing games since age 4, so that would be 1992, I played alot of old games. I just plain screwed up the review.

ARProductions2009 01-05-2009 07:05 PM

Game Review #5: From The Legend of Balubalouk
 
Game Review #5: From The Legend of Balubalouk


A new review. Now, I am gonna say this now. This game is in Japanese, if I mispronounced something. I apologize in adavance. Thanks

The 9th Sage 01-06-2009 06:06 PM

Aw, there's always next time. I don't think I'd do very well reviewing a game were it me.

toasterhed 01-07-2009 11:01 PM

The version in your review is actually the arcade version. The NES version looks different if I remember correctly. The arcade did actually come out in 1981. If that helps a little bit.

These things happen though. YouTube is a tough crowd. Not to mention the trolls. I have to agree with 9th Sage I dunno how well I'd do with it either.

At the very least, have fun with it.

ARProductions2009 01-08-2009 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toasterhed (Post 85641)
The version in your review is actually the arcade version. The NES version looks different if I remember correctly. The arcade did actually come out in 1981. If that helps a little bit.

These things happen though. YouTube is a tough crowd. Not to mention the trolls. I have to agree with 9th Sage I dunno how well I'd do with it either.

At the very least, have fun with it.

Well I was using a NES emulator so it has to be the NES version. I dunno. I guess people just don't like my reviews

ARProductions2009 01-08-2009 07:09 PM

Game Review #6: Batman Forever (Sega Game Gear version)
 
Game Review #6: Batman Forever (Sega Game Gear version)

Hope you enjoy, Sorry its so short, and I feel like I talked a bit fast.

Thanks for watching


Also, before you say I stole this idea from the Angry Video Game Nerd, he did the Sega Genesis version of the game. This is the Game Gear version. I do plan on doing a review of the Sega Genesis version, but I honestly thought that game was pretty cool. I am not trying to be a copycat. I was playing this game and thought it needed a review.


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:17 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.