Zophar's Message Domain

Zophar's Message Domain (http://www.zophar.net/forums/index.php)
-   General Emulation (http://www.zophar.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Emulation of original PS games (http://www.zophar.net/forums/showthread.php?t=9677)

Leonaru 09-20-2008 09:05 PM

Emulation of original PS games
 
I would like to play original Play Station games (no roms - I have the real CD) on my PC.
Should I use a certain emulator?
Should I get the game on my PC (if it is legal)?

Thank you
Leonaru

ToastyCheesy 09-20-2008 11:21 PM

ePSXe 1.7.0
Psx 1.13

as to your second question... it's really a personal opinion

Leonaru 09-21-2008 12:19 AM

Thank you very much.
I didn't mean buying the game again for PC. I wasn't sure weather ripping those CDs was okay.

By the way: Is there a way to connect a controller with my PC (yes, I could just buy an original console, but maybe not just play station, possibly other systems as well)?

The 9th Sage 09-21-2008 03:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leonaru (Post 82839)
Thank you very much.
I didn't mean buying the game again for PC. I wasn't sure weather ripping those CDs was okay.

I don't think you are supposed to use both copies at once, but I'm pretty sure ripping a copy of a game you own is fine.

Reaper man 09-21-2008 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leonaru (Post 82839)
By the way: Is there a way to connect a controller with my PC (yes, I could just buy an original console, but maybe not just play station, possibly other systems as well)?

you can buy playstation to usb adapters at radioshack for like $15

ToastyCheesy 09-21-2008 04:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper man (Post 82841)
you can buy playstation to usb adapters at radioshack for like $15

you must have one of those cool radioshack's, there is nothing instore worth going to get at the one here in town

Leonaru 09-21-2008 09:46 AM

Thank you again.
Radioshack... I am from Germany, and have never seen a radioshack store here. Maybe I can get something similar at our own stores.

Hey, just found something on in the net! Did not know such stuff did exist.

The 9th Sage 09-21-2008 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToastyCheesy (Post 82842)
you must have one of those cool radioshack's, there is nothing instore worth going to get at the one here in town

I got mine at a Radioshack too, but sadly that same Radioshack (that had the adapter a few years ago) stinks now. They really have gone down hill.

Haoie 09-22-2008 12:20 AM

Remember, you'll also need a copy of the BIOS for the emulator to work.

cid67 10-02-2008 01:08 AM

why not just do what i do and use a ps3 controller. this way you get a psx style controller that plugs right into a usb port with no adapter needed and all you nee d to get it to work is a little activator program that can be found all over the net.


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:14 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.