Zophar's Message Domain

Zophar's Message Domain (http://www.zophar.net/forums/index.php)
-   Talk of the Town (http://www.zophar.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Kids... (http://www.zophar.net/forums/showthread.php?t=15845)

Goku 09-30-2012 02:52 AM

Kids...

I wonder how many of the older ZD posters have kids now (one still around anywho).

I have two and one on the way. The one on the way happened because i have been delaying a visit to the ball sack surgeon. Some how, someone cutting into there does not give me a warm fuzzy feeling.

How many people here love their children but cannot stand them? You know what i mean. You care for them but when they start screaming and screaming because they do not get something they want - you want to throw them against the wall.

And no, corporal punishment does not seem to work. It is a waste of effort. It just raises volume. Time outs - they just laugh and ignore you.

Oh yeah, this is one of those oft mentioned drunk posts.

Azul Fria 10-03-2012 12:11 PM

While I'm not an ancient poster, I got one myself as July and I'm pretty much still a kid myself as I'll be 17 in a few days and I've been updating the front page since I was 12.

Goku 10-06-2012 03:35 AM

ZD is in a kind of sad state. I miss the days when there were a tonne of people here posting. I miss arguing with Quasius over liberal and conservative ideas....

Oh yeah, another drunk post.

Yeah, I am doing these alot lately.

STiger 11-05-2012 08:20 PM

Had my first kid in February, a boy. Sometimes it can be frustrating when I don't know what he wants, but mostly he just makes me happier. He's too young for punishment yet, but he's almost at that age where we'll have to start with discipline.

Looks like ZMD is really and truly dead now. It's a shame, but I guess nothing in life lasts forever.

pipes 07-02-2013 05:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STiger (Post 105027)
Looks like ZMD is really and truly dead now. It's a shame, but I guess nothing in life lasts forever.

I would love to take this site under my wing. Funny is that I don't even know who owns the thing when swampgas left. There was one dude and a "mystery owner" and that's all I know of it.

InVerse 07-02-2013 11:59 PM

Edman bought a portion of the site from SwampGas, SwampGas still owns a chunk of it. They're still making money from morons who don't use adblock and don't know that there are better sites to choose from, so they're completely unmotivated to do anything constructive.

The 9th Sage 09-25-2013 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goku (Post 104963)
ZD is in a kind of sad state. I miss the days when there were a tonne of people here posting. I miss arguing with Quasius over liberal and conservative ideas....

I never thought I'd say this, but I miss you arguing with Quasius over liberal and conservative ideas too. :bigthumbup:

Quote:

Originally Posted by InVerse (Post 105488)
Edman bought a portion of the site from SwampGas, SwampGas still owns a chunk of it. They're still making money from morons who don't use adblock and don't know that there are better sites to choose from, so they're completely unmotivated to do anything constructive.

Heh, well there's something finally that we both can agree on. Still, rather sad when you remember it as it once was.

To answer the topic in the first post...to give the short version of the story, my GF has a kid and she's mine now too. We grew really close to one another. She's a good kid. I've known them both since she was 2. She's going into first grade now...it feels like they grow up so fast. Heh, not that she hasn't a-ways to go, but you know what I mean.

kaluce 10-04-2013 08:54 PM

It's been a long time. No. No kids yet. I'm 26, and I've been floating around for years on this site under a different name. I came here after the plasticman site shut down way back when. I think it was about 2001 or so.

I'll pop in here and there, but it's nothing like it was when it was at it's peak. You'd go away for an hour, and there'd be a whole new page of posts and questions on the forums, new releases were posted, and all sorts of stuff happened. it felt like a family. A very dysfunctional family, but still a family. I even had my own drunk post from when I was SERIOUSLY trashed for the first time. Seems like a really long time ago now-a-days.

Flash 10-16-2013 06:42 PM

My son is 26. He just got married...this getting old thing is finally kicking in, I guess. :P

wingless 10-19-2013 06:26 PM

Hey guys... I totally squeezed a person out of my vagina. She's almost 2 years now and her name is Sam after Samus... just don't tell her dad that. hehehe.