Zophar's Message Domain

Zophar's Message Domain (http://www.zophar.net/forums/index.php)
-   General Emulation (http://www.zophar.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Game Controllers (http://www.zophar.net/forums/showthread.php?t=11884)

Fla Flash 10-06-2009 06:42 PM

My neighbor loaned me his...he's not getting it back. Ever.

Lillymon 10-07-2009 01:01 PM

After years of disappointment with various PC game controllers, my current solution is a PS2 controller and a Super Dual Box Pro to connect it to my PC. It works brilliantly.

jdev 10-12-2009 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InVerse (Post 92005)
X-Box 360 wired controllers hook up to a PC with the same connector with which they connect to the 360 *and* they connect to a decent console system as well. ;)

For $20, you can get a wireless adapter that allows for four controllers to be connected at once. And the drivers are official, for obvious reasons.

(Granted, I'm biased. The controller is the primary reason I've always hated Sony systems.)

Seriously? The PSX/2 controllers were the best ones since the SNES controllers (although the SNES controllers are a little small for grown up hands). I use my old non-dual shock PSX controller as my usual PC controller, but not my PS2 is dead, I think my PS2 controller is getting a promotion.

Although, I guess if you have short thumbs I could understand why you might prefer a controller that puts the analog sticks closer to your thumbs, but the Xbox controllers have a weird layout for FPS games.

Reaper man 10-12-2009 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdev (Post 94641)
but the Xbox controllers have a weird layout for FPS games.

You shouldn't be using a game controller for FPS games anyway.

jdev 10-14-2009 02:33 AM

You have to on consoles, though.

Reaper man 10-14-2009 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdev (Post 94828)
You have to on consoles, though.

Which is why one should never play FPS games on consoles, duh.

The 9th Sage 10-14-2009 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper man (Post 94852)
Which is why one should never play FPS games on consoles, duh.

I still say that FPS games work great on the Wii.

jdev 10-15-2009 01:30 AM

I haven't tried any. I always thought they could work well on the Wii, possibly even better than on PC. Which games are good on the Wii?

The 9th Sage 10-15-2009 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdev (Post 94924)
I haven't tried any. I always thought they could work well on the Wii, possibly even better than on PC. Which games are good on the Wii?

Metroid Prime Trilogy is a good one to try (I mean, it's the three Metroid Prime games for $40, can't really go wrong there). The Conduit is ok, it's multiplayer is pretty fun, though I was hoping for more from the single playe rmode.

Or were you talking in general rather than FPS games?

jdev 10-15-2009 05:02 AM

I'm planning on picking up Metroid Prime Trilogy at some point. I just bought Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo's Dungeon. I meant to pick it up when it came out, but somehow I forgot about it. Which isn't all bad, since I got it for 20 bucks instead of the 50 it probably cost when it came out.