Zophar's Message Domain

Zophar's Message Domain (http://www.zophar.net/forums/index.php)
-   Talk of the Town (http://www.zophar.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Cable modem power cycles with large media/files (http://www.zophar.net/forums/showthread.php?t=14802)

SivakDrac 02-14-2011 08:09 PM

Cable modem power cycles with large media/files

As of late, I've seen my modem power cycling whenever I try to watch videos on some sites or do large file downloads.

I've tried manually unplugging things myself (battery too), but no help.

It stays on just fine for anything else. I'm wondering if the ISP has something on their end with limiting bandwidth???

Anyone ever hear of anything like this?

Reaper man 02-15-2011 12:33 AM

The modem could just be faulty, or possibly overheating. Get it exchanged.

pipes 02-15-2011 02:30 PM

This happens to me too when I through clothes on top of it from time to time and forget.
That little fucker gets hot!
It's a Motorola so it's to be expected!

Sliver-X 03-10-2011 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SivakDrac (Post 102421)
As of late, I've seen my modem power cycling whenever I try to watch videos on some sites or do large file downloads.

I've tried manually unplugging things myself (battery too), but no help.

It stays on just fine for anything else. I'm wondering if the ISP has something on their end with limiting bandwidth???

Anyone ever hear of anything like this?

Sounds to me like you're pirating shit: I hope you get ass railed by your ISP soon. I mean, if a lawsuit is the only way for the media companies to recoup profits, so be it.

Reaper man 03-11-2011 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sliver-X (Post 102584)
Sounds to me like you're pirating shit: I hope you get ass railed by your ISP soon. I mean, if a lawsuit is the only way for the media companies to recoup profits, so be it.

InVerse 03-11-2011 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sliver-X (Post 102584)

I didn't realize you licensed Dragon Warrior from Enix when making Dragoon X Omega.

Sliver-X 03-11-2011 12:48 AM

*cough* *cough*

Personally, the lack of Sivak's ability to make the PPU scroll made me not even want to pirate the thing. BEST DRM EVER.

InVerse 03-11-2011 01:01 AM

So you necroposted to reference a situation completely irrelevant to the board? But it reminds me, I need to file my DMCA takedown with RHDN's new host. Thanks for that, at least!

Sliver-X 03-11-2011 01:08 AM

Less than a month since the past post seems to be stretching the concept of "Necroposting" quite a bit. Sorry, I just saw some horrible hypocrisy and had to call it. Allow me to flagellate myself.

InVerse 03-11-2011 01:34 AM

Last I checked, there are plenty of large files freely available online. Videos as well. So I see no hypocrisy of any sort, just someone starting shit for the sake of starting shit. At least when I do it, it's entertaining.