Zophar's Message Domain

Zophar's Message Domain (http://www.zophar.net/forums/index.php)
-   Rom Hack (http://www.zophar.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Chrono Trigger: Crimson Echoes (http://www.zophar.net/forums/showthread.php?t=10925)

Richter X 05-12-2009 11:19 PM

Chrono Trigger: Crimson Echoes

I'll just leave this here....

http://games.slashdot.org/article.pl.../05/12/0643208

Summary: Someone made a 98% complete hack of Chrono Trigger, essentially creating a fan-sequel to it. A few days ago, SquareEnix C&D'ed them. Also, why is this not on the news page already?

Isildur 05-13-2009 12:42 AM

Arrgh! What the hell? Why do people keep doing awesome CT projects and announce it every step of the way? Just work on it in secret and quietly release it when it's 100% done. No preview hacks , no trailer videos, no screenshots, no public project website! Release under pseudonyms when it's done, THEN bask in how awesome everyone says it is. Why do people never learn?

SivakDrac 05-13-2009 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isildur (Post 88851)
Arrgh! What the hell? Why do people keep doing awesome CT projects and announce it every step of the way? Just work on it in secret and quietly release it when it's 100% done. No previews hacks , no trailer videos, no screenshots, no public project website! Release under pseudonyms when it's done, THEN bask in how awesome everyone says it is. Why do people never learn?

Amen. I think having small teasers and info is a reasonable thing, but doing something every few weeks is ridiculous. Part of a game release ought to be the surprise of what all is in there.

This is why I've only shown the first area and boss of the game I'm making. BTW, I still love the tree graphics Isildur. You'll be in the credits. Hehe.

The 9th Sage 05-13-2009 03:35 AM

Yeah, I heard about this a few days ago...I wasn't sure if I should post it as news or not. It's really too bad...I've been looking forward to it. If Prophet's Guile, which was a sort of side story to Chrono Trigger detailing Magus' story after he summoned Lavos and got tossed back to the time of Zeal and what happened up to the time that Chrono and Co. got involved, was any indication, Crimson Echoes could have been great.

It seems they've taken down everything, including Prophet's Guile. I'm hoping I still have my patched ROM of that somewhere. I'd hate for it to fall by the wayside and never be seen again.

shawn 05-13-2009 05:20 AM

Chrono Trigger

This sucks. Chrono Triggers actually one of the very few games I like.

Burzy 05-13-2009 05:28 AM

If you have a hard time sage pm me
I'm playing right now :o

Isildur 05-13-2009 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shawn (Post 88859)
This sucks. Chrono Triggers actually one of the very few games I like.

Yup, it royally blows. :banghead:
A part of me is hoping someone leaks out the 98% done version and it gets torrented, but on the other hand I worry that if that happens, S/E's lawyers will really sue the hackers, as they threatened. It would be terrible if any of the hackers' lives got badly messed up over this.
Dammit.

Reaper man 05-13-2009 10:21 AM

in b4 lillymon rant

The 9th Sage 05-13-2009 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burzy (Post 88860)
If you have a hard time sage pm me
I'm playing right now :o

Nah, I found my ROM of Prophet's Guile.

The 9th Sage 05-13-2009 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isildur (Post 88865)
Yup, it royally blows. :banghead:
A part of me is hoping someone leaks out the 98% done version and it gets torrented, but on the other hand I worry that if that happens, S/E's lawyers will really sue the hackers, as they threatened. It would be terrible if any of the hackers' lives got badly messed up over this.
Dammit.

That's about where I'm at...I kind of want a leak, but at the same time I'd hate it if anything happened to the people who made it as a result.