Zophar's Message Domain

Zophar's Message Domain (http://www.zophar.net/forums/index.php)
-   Talk of the Town (http://www.zophar.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Nice Time (http://www.zophar.net/forums/showthread.php?t=10686)

shawn 03-29-2009 07:11 AM

Nice Time

Had a good day today.

Woke up at 10am, fell asleep from 1:00-5:00. Quit smoking today but I'm not sure when, just ran out of smokes and since even the worst cost $4 min a pack and I chain smoke I figured $60+ a week was to much. Now I've been sitting around since around midnight watching anime on the Cartoon Network. I've got a huge cup of coffee, some english muffins, and Deathnote is on with BigO, and Inuyasha coming on soon then I might go to sleep considering it'll be 6am when I usually wake up without an alarm.

It's been a relaxing nice day. :D

The 9th Sage 03-29-2009 02:19 PM

Good luck on the quitting smoking thing. It would save you money, but it would be good for your heatlh too.

Isildur 03-29-2009 05:11 PM

Yup, good move deciding to quit. I gather it can be tough, but I know you can do it. =)

I need to watch more Death Note. Great series- it realy is like a giant chess or Go match, with Light and L locked in an incredibly intense battle of intellects, to determine who's the more cunning of the two.

shawn 03-29-2009 06:48 PM

Thanks guys, it is tough. I smoke like 3 packs a day average and even though I had no urge I was still awake at 10 am, and not even tired. I bummed a smoke off my new roommate and I went right to sleep so I guess I'll need to occasionally have one but I really don't have the urge but like usual it'll kick in on the second week and I'll have to fight the emotional urge to have one. It's really messed up.

I really like Deathnote to. It's unlike almost any show out there though I think Inuyasha is still my favorite at this time.

The 9th Sage 03-30-2009 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shawn (Post 87920)
Thanks guys, it is tough. I smoke like 3 packs a day average and even though I had no urge I was still awake at 10 am, and not even tired. I bummed a smoke off my new roommate and I went right to sleep so I guess I'll need to occasionally have one but I really don't have the urge but like usual it'll kick in on the second week and I'll have to fight the emotional urge to have one. It's really messed up.

I really like Deathnote to. It's unlike almost any show out there though I think Inuyasha is still my favorite at this time.

Yeah, it's easier to do it gradually it would seem (I know a girl who was trying to quit, and trying to do it cold turkey drove her crazy). And Deathnote rules.

Shadow 03-30-2009 10:35 PM

good luck shawn :-)

I almost died last spring and survived after 2 weeks in hospital... but I didn't manage to quit smoking. My job was too consuming and when you have no breaks left when you don't smoke it's hard. But now I have reduced my consume from 1,5 packs to 0,5 pack with only 0,1 instead of 0,7 nicotine. So I think the "rest smoking" is just a bad habit.
I hope I can reduce it to 3 cigarettes per day until I just stop.

I feel the difference from chainsmoking to half pack smoking. I'm more refreshed and not too tired. I also see that I don't get ill so fast. But perhaps that's also a result of quitting my former job and becoming a freelancer.

Ah well in Germany I buy my cheapest packs for 3,25 EUR. Thats around 50 EUR a month for me.

shawn 03-31-2009 06:23 AM

The best part is actually waking up and my mouth not tasting like crap from chain smoking. :D That and the $60 in my pocket every week.

JadussD 03-31-2009 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shawn (Post 87903)
Had a good day today.

Woke up at 10am, fell asleep from 1:00-5:00. Quit smoking today but I'm not sure when, just ran out of smokes and since even the worst cost $4 min a pack and I chain smoke I figured $60+ a week was to much. Now I've been sitting around since around midnight watching anime on the Cartoon Network. I've got a huge cup of coffee, some english muffins, and Deathnote is on with BigO, and Inuyasha coming on soon then I might go to sleep considering it'll be 6am when I usually wake up without an alarm.

It's been a relaxing nice day. :D

Quit smoking, eh? Glad to hear it. I quit smoking twice and both times it was easy. Hope it's as easy for you as it was for me.

I personally quit drinking several months ago and I'm glad I did so; smoking and drinking are the two worst habits, and the world is better off without us having them. As for Death Note, eh...I'm not a fan of the series.

shawn 03-31-2009 10:47 PM

It's not going to be easy for me. I've been smoking for almost 25 years so my body really has grown very used to nicotine. I'm letting myself cheat a bit just to not break all the way and it's also letting me find other things to do with my hands which is a bitch. I think I have to start reading more and just immerse myself into some activity so I won't have time to think about it in the first place.

Haoie 04-01-2009 03:41 AM

No more death sticks for you.