Zophar's Message Domain

Zophar's Message Domain (http://www.zophar.net/forums/index.php)
-   Talk of the Town (http://www.zophar.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Fast Food French Fries Debate (http://www.zophar.net/forums/showthread.php?t=14774)

chiefmonkey 02-03-2011 05:58 AM

Fast Food French Fries Debate

McDonald's - Perfection when hot and fresh, but tasteless ass once cool

Burger King - Probably would be worth a fuck if they would salt them.

Jack in the Box - Seasoned curly fries are the shit, but only if greasy

Wendy's - Nah, too fucking potato-ey.

Sonic - Average quality, but bonus points since you can add chili, cheese, jalapenos, etc.

Whataburger - Same as McDonald's.

Discuss/Debate/Add please.

schmocke 02-03-2011 10:18 AM

Ah, funny thread. Here are my impressions from germany:
McDonald's: okay, but too thin and salty
Burgerking: allright but nothing to hype
Local "Pommesbude" (Pommes = french fries, Bude = tiny store): Awesome, if you're able find the best Pommesbude in your area.
We have a lot of tiny Fast-Food restaurants here in germany. Usually, they sell Pommes Frittes (french fries) and sausage with Curry-Dip. One can say, if these two products are tasty you've found a good Pommesbude. :)
Btw, we want mayonnaise on top of our french fries. ;)

InVerse 02-03-2011 03:56 PM

Arby's curly fries are obviously the hands down winner. Their regular fries are quite good but not the absolute best.

I agree with WLB's assessment of McDonalds wholeheartedly.

I like Wendy's brand new fries.

Steak Escape has amazingly awesome fries. They cut the potato right in front of you by pushing it through a grid above the fryer so they go from whole potato to fries-in-the-grease in less than a second.

Steak 'n' Shake has good fries, as well.

In a couple of weeks, the only fast food restaurant within 25 miles of here will be Sonic. They're shutting down the McDonalds, bulldozing it to the ground and then building a brand new one (much larger, using the land from the house next door that they bought) from the ground up. (KFC/Taco Bell shut down a couple of years ago after the owner got pissed off at the corporation and closed half-a-dozen of his franchises. Hardees closed so far back that I can't even remember and we've never had a Burger King or Wendy's closer than 30 miles away.)

chiefmonkey 02-03-2011 09:23 PM

I love Sonic. A double cheeseburger from there with jalapenos is incredible.

Reaper man 02-03-2011 10:04 PM

There's this place in downtown that used to serve sweet potato fries. They were fucking delicious.

Richter X 02-04-2011 06:11 AM

McDonalds: Salty and good, but limp on occasion.
Burger King: More actual flavor than McDs. Slightly thicker as well.
Arby's: Very good, especially when dipped in Au Jus.
Checker's/Rally's: Excellently seasoned goodness. Very few serve them like this.
Five Guys: Normal ones are good. Cajun ones are GREAT. You get a whole sackful per order, so share with a group. Burgers are in a league of their own! :D

hcs 02-05-2011 02:05 AM

Five Guys has the best fries I've had. Don't even care for the burgers all that much, but I go for the fries.

pipes 02-06-2011 02:42 PM

Checker's/Rally's: Excellently seasoned goodness. Very few serve them like this.

FUCKING YES!

Lillymon 02-11-2011 01:32 AM

McDonalds: Insubstantial, packed with salt, but at least the service is good. Last time I went to a McDonalds, I tried the breakfasts and ended up with diarrhea.

Burger King: Amazingly enough, never tried it.

Pizza Hut: Ditto. Thought about it once, the smell of the place I was going to go to wasn't inviting.

KFC: I much prefer this to any of the above as a way to try and kill myself with fat and salt. Maybe I'm black (LOL 'One Drop Theory').

Subway: Does this qualify as 'fast' food by American standards? Either way, I've grown to like these places.

Anything else in this thread: Never heard of it/not available in the UK.

chiefmonkey 02-11-2011 01:36 AM

We could start a whole thread about Sub shops, but I'll save everyone the trouble.

Subway > Quizno's > everything else > a pile of shit > Blimpie