Zophar's Message Domain

Zophar's Message Domain (http://www.zophar.net/forums/index.php)
-   General Emulation (http://www.zophar.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Pj64 - Rogue Squadron won't work (http://www.zophar.net/forums/showthread.php?t=9896)

stillgrowingup 11-06-2008 04:09 PM

Pj64 - Rogue Squadron won't work

Hello all! I'm new to this forum and new to the project64.

I've tried downloading all the video and audio plug-in's. Maybe it's just that I don't know how to configure the set up, but I can't get Rogue Squadron to play clearly. When it loads, video is distorted but sound is clear. Also sometimes when I play GoldenEye things will be missing . . . like walls. Walls are gone when I go to full screen. Hope you all can help. If I have to use another emulator, so be it.

Thanks
Tony

Reaper man 11-06-2008 04:30 PM

moving to general emulation...

The 9th Sage 11-06-2008 09:21 PM

Sounds like a video plug-in issue. Not sure specifically what to suggest though, as I don't really have the game here to try and see if I have the same problem.

stillgrowingup 11-07-2008 06:05 PM

that's what i'm guessing. its a video plug-in issue. What I don't know, is the solution. Or should I use another emlator for the N64.

Iconoclast 11-08-2008 06:54 PM

Rogue Squadron uses a custom microcode not part of Nintendo's identity list. Some graphics plugins like Rice's plugins have developed substitutional support but do not really simulate the microcode effects.

Your best bet is to install Nemu64. Main Nemu site is down; v0.8 is mirrored here at Zophar's Domain. Lemmy developed a graphics plugin for Nemu64 with some optimal work on the game, but Project64 1.6 can't load his plugin. Mupen64 can't attempt because it presumes memory expansion pak emulation by force, and 1964 has internal problems that won't let you get in-game with any plugin.

stillgrowingup 11-13-2008 07:18 PM

I'll try that. thanks.

So where do I get the Lemmy plugin?

This is what I'm trying to do, the short story. My house got flooded in sept by Hurrican IKE. I lost every thing. All my console systems, NES, SNES, Gensis, N64, PS2, and GameCube. Not to mention my home computer and DVD player, etc... I'm trying to get my collection back easily as possible. I figured a Computer can do that. Get the Emulators and Roms. There's my console and games. Computer's play DVD's and can play TV with turner cards. And that will be my entertainment center. Merge them all in to 1 and I have my stuff back. So any news and links that can help my achieve this goal, is welcomed. I got the NES, SNES and Gensis fiqured out. Just the N64, PS2 and Gamecube is what I need to fiqured out now.

Iconoclast 11-14-2008 12:05 AM

Nemu64 is mirrored on this site. The main website is down though. Coincidentally it comes with Lemmy's D3D8 a.k.a. "Nemu64 Graphics". You also want to enter the plugin config through Nemu64 and enable the "Force Z Clear" setting to help with the geometry.

There is also a low-level RDP plugin made through ziggy's research. It will only work on 1964 for this game, as that emulator can use the RSP module needed for the plugin to work.
z64 Graphics

Whichever you choose I doubt you'll be pleased at the graphical results. You might be able to get in-game, but I've never read anyone who could complete the first level. Most people just bought the PC version of this game and went with that.

Reaper man 11-14-2008 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stillgrowingup (Post 84164)
I'll try that. thanks.

So where do I get the Lemmy plugin?

This is what I'm trying to do, the short story. My house got flooded in sept by Hurrican IKE. I lost every thing. All my console systems, NES, SNES, Gensis, N64, PS2, and GameCube. Not to mention my home computer and DVD player, etc... I'm trying to get my collection back easily as possible. I figured a Computer can do that. Get the Emulators and Roms. There's my console and games. Computer's play DVD's and can play TV with turner cards. And that will be my entertainment center. Merge them all in to 1 and I have my stuff back. So any news and links that can help my achieve this goal, is welcomed. I got the NES, SNES and Gensis fiqured out. Just the N64, PS2 and Gamecube is what I need to fiqured out now.

holy shit dude, my condolences o.o

anyway, unless you have a top of the line PC, you can forget about PS2 emulation and gamecube emulation is too far in its early stages for it to be feasible, just so you know..

The 9th Sage 11-14-2008 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper man (Post 84192)
gamecube emulation is too far in its early stages for it to be feasible, just so you know..

That's starting to be not true these days. :) I've seen some pictures and videos that look pretty good.

stillgrowingup 11-14-2008 06:10 PM

This is what I have for a Computer. Intel board and processor 2.8MHz, 1gig ram PC2700, on-board Video and audio. I have a newer sound card with fiber optic output. But I'm wanting a better video card so I hook up to my TV. This computer does NOT have express ports.

i tried geting the nemu64 to work. i got nothing. Almost every rom game I have nevered showed me a pic. Just a grey screen. I couple games did try and load, but it said errors on the bottom of the screen and just stayed black.
urgggggghhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

I'm thinking to just get a Wii and that will play my GameCube games. After all, only my cartridges just ruined. You can clean a disc. So the whole PS2 thing has got my stomped.

The 9th Sage 11-14-2008 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stillgrowingup (Post 84196)
I'm thinking to just get a Wii and that will play my GameCube games. After all, only my cartridges just ruined. You can clean a disc. So the whole PS2 thing has got my stomped.

Even if GCN emulators are progressing, that probably IS best.

Iconoclast 11-15-2008 01:06 AM

Update your video drivers. If you have an Intel graphics chip you would go to intel.com to look for your specific card. In fact unless you have an NVIDIA GeForce or ATI Radeon cards you're likely to have problems with that plugin. Nemu64 has greater system requirements than Project64, but you have no other way to try to play the game in HLE. Except there is Rice's Video Plugin, but that gives no three-dimensional objects because of the heightfeld custom instructions.

There is an LLE option; you might take the time to search for z64 Graphics "z64gl" by ziggy. If you don't know how to install plugins don't worry about it; you can always try for the PC version. In beta development Project64 has implemented an LLE alternative, and it does load NRS more accurately than Lemmy's Direct3D8 RDP.

Reaper man 11-15-2008 04:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stillgrowingup (Post 84196)
So the whole PS2 thing has got my stomped.

Just so you know, you need a really nice PC to play PS2 games on an emulator.

I mean, my PC is made of win and even I don't get 60FPS on FFX

stillgrowingup 11-22-2008 06:44 PM

So as far as a "Standard" PC goes. NES, SNES, Gensis, And Sega Master system are fine. Anything like N64, GameCube, PS1 & PS2 emulation are not without ....... many flaws. So I should just rebuy the consoles. Is that the short answer?

The 9th Sage 11-23-2008 02:34 AM

Honestly, the thing to do is try some of these emulators, try a few different games, then decide on how well they work on your PC.

Iconoclast 11-23-2008 10:06 PM

No just Rogue Squadron has an unsupported microcode

The 9th Sage 11-24-2008 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iconoclast (Post 84407)
No just Rogue Squadron has an unsupported microcode

Well sure, Rogue Squadron, but what of the other emulators he is asking about?

Iconoclast 11-25-2008 04:41 AM

Quote:

Anything like N64[...]many flaws. So I should just rebuy the consoles. Is that the short answer?
He's not talking to only you. If there was a noted solution for this game to his standards he wouldn't be here asking that.

Emulation is never perfect anyway, but you see this game doesn't work for a reason separate from generalizing on whether PCs can handle the N64 in general by just one custom-engine game. There's images for the NES hardware that won't boot in emulation yet.

The 9th Sage 11-25-2008 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iconoclast (Post 84450)
He's not talking to only you. If there was a noted solution for this game to his standards he wouldn't be here asking that

No...he isn't talking to only me. Who said he was besides you?

Iconoclast 11-26-2008 12:24 AM

Quote:

Well sure, Rogue Squadron, but what of the other emulators he is asking about?
Quote:

Anything like N64[...]many flaws. So I should just rebuy the consoles. Is that the short answer?
If you want to turn this into some online battle of wits why don't you combine those a little closely? He's talking to me, and that's why I answered him. In addition he's obviously influenced to think he needs to rebuy by the fact that this game is vaguely playable, and I just didn't want him to proceed like that. Of course I don't know if you meant 'emulators' by platforms or games, but that obviously doesn't matter anymore.

stillgrowingup 11-26-2008 07:55 PM

Ok guy(s). I got the PS1 (ps1.13) to work. So far so good.

But the N64 has bugs, besides Rogue Squardon not working. I'm playing Golden Eye and it will just shut down. Go figure!?! I'm to stubborn to quit!!!! I guess if I can get a PS2 Emlator too work, I can live with that. Ideas about the 'golden eye' shutting down???

Iconoclast 11-26-2008 08:00 PM

Uh no sorry...all I know is of all the support threads I've read for Project64 I don't remember a single one mentioning automatic shutdown. I do remember something about the hardware cooler for one guy's system being too weak, and they had automatic shutdown while trying to emulate something else. I just no this isn't really about the N64 as it is something intensive maybe Project64 tried doing.

Also GoldenEye was designed to be more system-intensive, so that'd explain that. There's another emulator called 1964 that comes with a much less intensive RDP.
http://1964emu.emulation64.com

The graphics will suck, but if that works for you I know how to fix that because there's a GPU based off Rice's Daedalus that shouldn't be that more intensive.

stillgrowingup 11-26-2008 09:16 PM

I'll have to wait until i get 2 to another computer 2 to download that. Right now my only internet access is at work, and that website is blocked. I go through a proxy sever, but that only allow up to 1k downloads. Do you have another proxy suggestion?

Iconoclast 11-27-2008 12:35 AM

I don't know anything about networking. :P I was born to have no interest in the Internet as much as offline learning work.

When you get to another system then you probably want to try out Project64 with GoldenEye to see if it's a hardware cooler issue...although 1964 with Rice's Video Plugin is theoretically better for this game. I guess it's a wait, and that's fine by me.

stillgrowingup 12-02-2008 01:27 AM

I just downloaded it at a friend's house. I'll let you know how it works out.

Reaper man 12-02-2008 03:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stillgrowingup (Post 84589)
I just downloaded it at a friend's house. I'll let you know how it works out.

Quit typing in AOLspeak. This is your first verbal warning. Type like a tard again, and I'll have to take action.

stillgrowingup 12-02-2008 07:19 PM

I installed 1964. So far so good. As expected, Rogue Squadron still doesn't work. But I understand that may never work. I do like how 1964 gives you a list of your games and also tells you how it works. Would it be useful to install the patches for 1964. I quickly read the 'readme' files and I don't think I need to. Those seem to be updates for an older version. I'm I correct on that? And can you think of any other updates I may want to install(Video, audio)?

Iconoclast 12-03-2008 01:20 AM

Jabo_Direct3D8.dll plugin file is supplied with Project64 (Project64\Plugin).
For general performance you want to copy that file over to 1964\PLUGIN. Then you can change to Jabo's Direct3D8 1.6 in 1964 through the Plug-ins menu.

Quote:

Would it be useful to install the patches for 1964. I quickly read the 'readme' files and I don't think I need to. Those seem to be updates for an older version.
Not sure what all this means

stillgrowingup 12-03-2008 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iconoclast (Post 84609)
Not sure what all this means

Sorry, I forgot the comma.

I looked over the patches offered for the 1964 emulator. Those patches seem to be upgrades for an older version of 1964. Am I correct? Or should I download and install those patches too?

Iconoclast 12-04-2008 12:08 AM

The latest 1964 release 0.9.9 issues no patches because there are no such upgrades.

stillgrowingup 12-04-2008 11:37 PM

I now have N64 and PS1 emulation up and running thanks to you folks. It took me a couple of hours to figure out "ISO Buster', but after searching these forums, I got it figured out.

Is the PS2 emulation the same process? Get the emulation, find a bios, install everything, configure plug-in's and enjoy.

Iconoclast 12-05-2008 12:30 AM

Thank you in turn. Someone should answer a new thread. I am mainly focused on Nintendo 64 emulators.