Zophar's Message Domain

Zophar's Message Domain (http://www.zophar.net/forums/index.php)
-   Site Questions / Suggestions (http://www.zophar.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST (a.k.a. my 0.02 that noone asked for) (http://www.zophar.net/forums/showthread.php?t=9522)

Xeon3D 08-21-2008 10:30 PM

USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST (a.k.a. my 0.02 that noone asked for)

Like most of us care... if he was banned because he was spamming why let the spam stay and just add <USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST> ?

Why not just soft-delete it so that other mods\admin can see why the post was deleted and the user banned?

Do you need to show that you can ban people? Not like the spam bots will care.

And getting rid of all that sh*t will most defenitely (misspell?) make the search engine go a lot better in the future...

Some of you should really learn how to be an *effective* mod. Also, some of you could also be a little less 4chantards when your not in 4chan.

</rant>

Iconoclast 08-21-2008 10:33 PM

um ditto

The threads Lillymon closed don't really serve any purpose either. I always soft-delete threads that shouldn't have existed in the first place and sometimes send a private message instead of posting.

Reaper man 08-22-2008 02:44 AM

mmm yeah I'm not going to change the way I mod just because of a few complaints. Deal with it. I do a damn good job here keeping the boards in order.

Xeon3D 08-22-2008 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper man (Post 81854)
mmm yeah I'm not going to change the way I mod just because of a few complaints. Deal with it. I do a damn good job here keeping the boards in order.

Your defenition of "damn good job" must be funny as hell!

I lol'd!

The 9th Sage 08-23-2008 01:52 AM

Well, I've been deleting the spam posts that I moderate. I didn't really see the point in them cluttering up/interrupting the threads since they were only spam bots.

Reaper man 08-23-2008 04:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xeon3D (Post 81870)
Your defenition of "damn good job" must be funny as hell!

I lol'd!

Xeon3D 08-23-2008 04:18 AM

3 words for you.

Freedom of Speech.

It's f*ckin hard to hear people tell you the mistakes you make and knowing that they're right isn't it?

Lillymon 08-23-2008 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xeon3D (Post 81882)
3 words for you.

Freedom of Speech.

It's f*ckin hard to hear people tell you the mistakes you make and knowing that they're right isn't it?

Technically, freedom of speech only applies to the government, and Zophar's Message Domain is a private establishment. I'm willing to entertain changes to my moderation style, but that's me. Reaper man gets to be an ass about it because he does so much moderation work he's making the rest of us look bad by comparison.

The 9th Sage 08-23-2008 05:18 PM

Don't tell me there is going to be a flame war over this. >_<

Cornellius 08-27-2008 11:23 PM

Well, at least, it's a warning for the other users. A new user could see the post and refrain from making this type of post after seeing that someone else got banned for doing the same.

Those edits, unlike the older ones, actually make sense.