Zophar's Message Domain

Zophar's Message Domain (http://www.zophar.net/forums/index.php)
-   Talk of the Town (http://www.zophar.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Official introductions thread (http://www.zophar.net/forums/showthread.php?t=9277)

DynaShock 06-27-2008 04:12 AM

Official introductions thread

I'm new here. But not new elsewhere. I don't know for sure, but I guess I'm part of the Zophar staff, if not just one of the original supporters. Anyway, I wanted to introduce myself. So hi.

FireEmblemGuy 06-27-2008 04:59 AM

Well, I guess we're in similar boats. I really can't say I'm new here; I've had an old account on the wwwthreads, but I really never posted with it, and I've been a fan of Zophar's Domain since the early 2000's, if I recall.

So, without fany further blabbing, welcome!

Helladamnleet 06-27-2008 05:07 AM

Welcome welcome! I guess I could call you guys my co workers? lol

Richter X 06-27-2008 06:07 AM

Hey, guys. Long time ZD forumgoer here. :)

DynaShock 06-27-2008 08:45 AM

Yeah, I was never a long-time-ago ZD Forumer, but I loved the site itself and visited it often. Mainly because it was the only site that I could find at the time that had mac emulators, and a rather extensive archive of game music files.
I appreciate the warm welcome, guys.

Sara 06-27-2008 12:11 PM

Hey, guys. I loved ZD way back in the day too, but never really visited the forums. I hope the site can finally regain its glory, although that certainly is a lot of glory to regain!

ozkUGH 06-29-2008 12:01 AM

i want an n64 emulator for my ipod touch NOW! mobile mario kart 64 sounds fun (out of topic)

IceCatraz007 06-29-2008 03:08 AM

hey!

My Name's Andrew. I signed up to help around my favorite Emulator/Utilities site, ZD. I hope to be active for a goooooood long time, and help bring ZD back from the grave.

SamBeckett94 06-29-2008 08:10 AM

Hi there. Let's start with stating the obvious - I am new to these forums. There. Now we can avoid any foolish mistakes (whatever they may be).

My name is Sam. I do have a full time job, so I won't be hanging around very, VERY regularly (that means I won't have it open in a window open ALL day), but I will be here as much as possible. I may be able to log on at work if I have no patients or any other kind of work. If I'm not mistaken, I may be helping out around here pretty soon (I like to do my bit for the web while I have some free time).

So, let's get started. Does anyone here remember 'Night Court'? I used to receive tapes from I friend up in the US (he always recorded them when they were on), but I can't get the any of the two DVDs over here (though I can try and order one off Amazon.co.uk, as there is a company that specializes in importing those kinds of things over here to England).

Anyway, hello. If anyone's curious, the '94' in my username is both the year I acquired my medical degree (no questions about that - I'm bored of people testing me on the web, either you believe it or you don't), and the year I got married to my wonderful wife Emily. A VERY special year for me.

IceCatraz007 06-29-2008 03:48 PM

Well, Welcome to the forums! Please try to visit more often than not so we can keep ZD alive!

Cornellius 07-01-2008 05:47 PM

Hi.

Long time ZMDer here too. Been here since 1996, with different usernames. In 2001, after watching the "Fight Club", I've decided to use Cornellius, which I've been using since then.

The new forum looks nice, and I hope that my friends on the old board will come here.

Well, keep up the good work.

Alan

IceCatraz007 07-01-2008 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Helladamnleet (Post 79423)
Welcome welcome! I guess I could call you guys my co workers? lol

Same here, lol. I wonder where Edman is? He doesn't seem to be on much and he hasn't answered my e-mails and PMs...

mushroom blue 07-03-2008 10:26 PM

Edman is awesome.

the forums haven't looked this good since, well, ever.

I missed this place. and the people in it.

The 9th Sage 07-08-2008 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elub moorhsum (Post 79445)
Edman is awesome.

Amen to that 'Elub'. ;) I think I'm liking the new board software. I have a feeling it will be 99% squid free.

The 9th Sage 07-08-2008 05:03 PM

I may as well post something here too. Long time forum-goer, once was a mod under a different nick many moons ago (not sure if any will remember, besides Richter X or Cornellius). Nice to see the forums looking like this, I don't think we'll have the same issues here as the old forums have these days. :)

Edman 07-08-2008 05:11 PM

Thanks, I'm glad you like it! :)

Azul Fria 07-08-2008 05:53 PM

I totally agree with everyone else. This place will definitely be more livelier

tocsin 07-08-2008 09:59 PM

I totally agree. this is an awesome looking forum good job Edman!

Soushkin 07-08-2008 10:25 PM

Alright then.....

So here I am, to bring back Zophar from the dead. It's been way too long, no offense though. ^_^

I would apply for everything, but my knowledge about emulation only goes so far. So yea. Anyway, I can do the forums, and make you guys some guides on how to start emu's and such. Not that hard.

Since I'm not working right now I've got plenty of time to test new versions of emulators, or keep track on new releases and such.

What else should I apply for?? Erm, no idea, cheats maybe??

Feels great to see Zophar return. ^_^

dangwoot 07-08-2008 10:29 PM

im with ya on that one ^_^ im also here to help breath a little life back into a dying legend kinda like metal gear solid 4! only im not snake hehe.

Soushkin 07-08-2008 10:32 PM

I'm new to the boards here, but I've been visiting Zophar since 1999 when I first learned about emulation. What a great time it was. I remember this site being number one for emulators. Let's put it back on top, where it belongs. ^_^

packardmelan 07-09-2008 03:22 AM

I have also returned.

Reaper man 07-09-2008 04:14 AM

edman changed my email, so I was able to reset my password, go me. :3

so I too concur with his awesomeness ^_^

Reaper man 07-09-2008 04:24 AM

even though I sorta introduced myself in another thread, I'll run a bit of back story. I've been here since ooooh 2002 off and on. For the first part of it I was an idiot, but I've gotten better over the years. I too am hoping to see ZD go back to it's former glory. I think this is possible now with that fucktard sam out of the picture. Anywho here's to hoping that ZD will relive its glory days. I'll try to offer assistance wherever possible like in the forums and such. We'll see where it goes.

Reaper man 07-09-2008 04:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sara (Post 79430)
Hey, guys. I loved ZD way back in the day too, but never really visited the forums. I hope the site can finally regain its glory, although that certainly is a lot of glory to regain!

so, are you pretty? :3

Soushkin 07-09-2008 04:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper man (Post 79486)
so, are you pretty? :3

With a post like that I'm questioning your maturity.

How old are you, again??

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper man (Post 79484)
I'll try to offer assistance wherever possible like in the forums and such. We'll see where it goes.

Your post towards Sara is the way you assist?? Sounds like a good way of assisting people. Or did you only say that because she's a girl?? Which shows even less maturity.

Speed 07-09-2008 12:17 PM

welcome all to the ZD!:)

Rattlehead 07-09-2008 04:21 PM

Hey everyone.

Man, I'm psyched. I've been using ZD for a LONG time (about 7 years) but I'm so glad it's being re-launched. Anyway, I'm happy to be here, and look forward to seeing what new stuff might appear on ZD.

Best wishes,
Sid

The 9th Sage 07-09-2008 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soushkin (Post 79487)

How old are you, again??

That's just Brad. I wouldn't take him as seriously as all that. lol

The 9th Sage 07-09-2008 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper man (Post 79483)
so I too concur with his awesomeness ^_^

I concur with your concurrence.

The 9th Sage 07-09-2008 04:46 PM

Well, welcome. I hope too that the site may finally get the booster shots it has been needing for a long time. :)

Rattlehead 07-10-2008 07:39 PM

Hey DynaShock. Welcome to the forums.

I've been lurking around on ZD ever since...about 2001. Never registered in the forums, but I figured "With a ZD getting a fresh start...eh, why not?" So here I am. I asked Edman if I could help out, and he was generous enough to let me.

Insectduel 07-11-2008 07:54 PM

Finally join the siteplace

I heard of Zophar's Domain for a long time. So I thought I should join the forums. I'm new to this place and I have my own forum. I've been ROM-Hacking for more than 3 years and somewhat experienced.

I've been to many ROM-Hacking or Emulation forums and thought I should join this one too.

leilei 07-12-2008 07:00 AM

Oh i thought you had 94 in your name because that year was excellent. I have to agree as well, 94 ftw

Lillymon 07-12-2008 03:33 PM

Wow, snazzy new forums. New Soul Calibur game as well, so Tira gets a new look too. If anyone knows an easy way to get an alpha transparency on an image with a white background like this, please do tell. Internet Explorer 6 may not be able to handle it, but anyone using that deserves to see broken pages.

Incidentally, I got this avatar on my very first attempt at it. I cropped original the image down until it looked right, resized it to 120 pixels wide, and it came out at 120x120! A little sharpening and I was done. It's also about 6KB smaller than the old avatar was.

Edit: Eureka! Remembered that I actually did this before (and even posted about it), though it was a bit trickier this time around. It's also about 6KB bigger (30295 bytes vs. 24715 bytes), making it almost exactly the same size I started with (30757 bytes). This one should look good on any theme though.

Fla Flash 07-12-2008 05:29 PM

I like the new look. Had to re-register, though.

hcs 07-12-2008 05:44 PM

Hey, good to see you guys again.
The ZD renaissance is looking pretty snazzy.

Umiliphus 07-12-2008 06:23 PM

Apparently I or someone with the same e-mail address also had an account here. It would not seem as if I used it very often, however.

The 9th Sage 07-13-2008 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flash (Post 79668)
I like the new look. Had to re-register, though.

Heeey, Flash. I haven't seen you in awhile....how're things?

*edit*
Also, this is giving me a good feeling. I've seen people post here today that I haven't seen on the Zophar forums in quite a time.

The 9th Sage 07-13-2008 02:43 AM

Welcome to the boards. It's a good time to join, the site is really starting to liven up for the first time in years. :)

The 9th Sage 07-13-2008 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leilei (Post 79628)
Oh i thought you had 94 in your name because that year was excellent. I have to agree as well, 94 ftw

An excellent vintage? Anyway, welcome.

Diskeater 07-13-2008 05:37 AM

*waves, hugs everyone*

FuDGe 07-13-2008 06:14 AM

hello there

Ugly Joe 07-13-2008 02:40 PM

Hey, I can post on ZMD again. Hooray!

Umiliphus 07-13-2008 07:18 PM

I'm not surprised this site yet persists, only that the forum is still called "Zophar's Message Domain." That's some lazy naming!

Gens 07-13-2008 11:02 PM

Hey, hello there!

Hey, i'm new. I wasn't registered after the redesign.

I just wanted to say, Good remodeling! Basically ZD made me an introduction to Emulation, and i'm more happy with the redesign!

Good work!

and also... There should be a "Introduce Yourself" Thread.

Helladamnleet 07-14-2008 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IceCatraz007 (Post 79443)
Same here, lol. I wonder where Edman is? He doesn't seem to be on much and he hasn't answered my e-mails and PMs...

Yeah, he told me like, two weeks ago that I would become a content manager, but it hasn't happened yet =/

Reaper man 07-14-2008 05:01 AM

Quote:

How old are you, again??

well, since you asked, I am 25.

Quote:

Your post towards Sara is the way you assist?? Sounds like a good way of assisting people. Or did you only say that because she's a girl?? Which shows even less maturity.

mm, that's not my way of assisting. Nice spin on that though. I'll be honest, I'm curious as to what she looks like because *gasp* I like women, which might be something such as yourself would fail to understand..

also I'm going to take your maturity comments with a grain of salt since your opinion is rather biased since you are still butthurt that I called you out on your outdated emulators and your stupid reasons for using them.

Umiliphus 07-14-2008 08:05 AM

This is the origin issue, then? Yes, so, I posted a lot for about three weeks, maybe, back in late 1999. Good times, good times. I remember this because every site shared a forum system and I used the same 'roneldo' to better effect on the board for zeroes unlimited, hosted on the overclocked site, which Zophar linked to every single day. I've always found the Zophar forums amusing, though, so I'm familiar with most people even if I've hardly talked to any of them (which you may notice I'm still not doing). The fights are classic. I remember that time Swampgas... I mean his name was "Swampgas." That's crazy. But one day just for no reason he posted a picture of his gun and there was a fight about that. The man is brilliant.

Bodomi 07-14-2008 10:08 AM

Unfortunately, I'm still alive as well. :p

Edman 07-14-2008 12:50 PM

Well, I'm glad to see a few older posters returning!

Gil-Galad 07-14-2008 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mushroom blue (Post 79445)
Edman is awesome.

Well well, if it isn't Mushroom Blue. I haven't seen you in years since the good ole days. Most of us had a lot of fun back when we were staff.

Good to see ya again.

Insectduel 07-14-2008 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The 9th Sage (Post 79697)
Welcome to the boards. It's a good time to join, the site is really starting to liven up for the first time in years. :)

I Know, I can't actually believe it either. But the forums here is much better.

Ugly Joe 07-14-2008 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Insectduel (Post 79847)
I Know, I can't actually believe it either. But the forums here is much better.

I miss wwwthreads, actually. Threaded mode had that olde internet charm. But then, I get nostalgic over the stupidest things...

Stonerfuck 07-14-2008 09:04 PM

This is porchmonkey dudes. Forgot the email I used to register the newer nick.... This is one of my many formerly banned handles. :P

Lillymon 07-14-2008 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stonerfuck (Post 79851)
This is porchmonkey dudes. Forgot the email I used to register the newer nick.... This is one of my many formerly banned handles. :P

Gee, I wonder why that was...

PhantomH 07-14-2008 10:42 PM

Hello there.

Hey there. Though I've been to the site lots of times in the past and from time to time presently, I'm new to the forums. Just thought I'd drop in to say hi to the community and congratulations on the new site :) . I don't really have anything to contribute now but I'll eventually submit things in the coming years :D .

Stonerfuck 07-15-2008 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lillymon (Post 79852)
Gee, I wonder why that was...

BAWWWWWWWWWWWW

Hell, if I was a fat, unnattractive, and mannish looking lady I'd prolly be a bitch too though.

INTERNET: SRS BSNS

Umiliphus 07-15-2008 12:13 AM

Zoinks! I don't believe it!

Reaper man 07-15-2008 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Umiliphus (Post 79866)
Zoinks! I don't believe it!

HABEEB IT!

Reaper man 07-15-2008 03:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stonerfuck (Post 79864)
BAWWWWWWWWWWWW

Hell, if I was a fat, unnattractive, and mannish looking lady I'd prolly be a bitch too though.

INTERNET: SRS BSNS

your insults are baseless without any proof...

The 9th Sage 07-15-2008 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stonerfuck (Post 79864)
BAWWWWWWWWWWWW

Don't be an idiot. There is no need to insult the lady, now is there?

Stonerfuck 07-15-2008 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper man (Post 79878)
your insults are baseless without any proof...

Then let the pics be posted to prove me wrong.

Umiliphus 07-15-2008 08:59 PM

This is zmd, not tmz. The fashion judgment of Lord Stonerfuck is irrelevant.

The 9th Sage 07-15-2008 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stonerfuck (Post 79930)
Then let the pics be posted to prove me wrong.

There were reasons you got banned before. Keep it up and it'll happen again I'm sure. I don't honestly know why you have to be a dick now when you were getting along with people ok for so long (which is why you weren't re-banned for evading a ban with a different nick...it isn't like no one knew who you were).

Goku 07-16-2008 12:13 AM

Great looking site.

I had to reregister also. My account was registered to an email addy long forgotten. I am so glad that the damn cat is gone off the logo. That was terrible! I am glad Edman has finally given that cat some antifreeze!

It is nice to see news being updated also. A beautiful job!

mushroom blue 07-16-2008 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ugly Joe (Post 79848)
I miss wwwthreads, actually. Threaded mode had that olde internet charm. But then, I get nostalgic over the stupidest things...

threaded mode for life.

I miss it so.

AkaneJones 07-16-2008 12:21 PM

Yah, well I miss the Blues theme, as there seems to be no options for a brighter theme. My eyes are hating me.

Orochi 07-16-2008 03:36 PM

This is Prower, or rather should be Prower anyway, I can't access my actual account for some reason. :> I've sent both an e-mail and a private message to Edman about it so hopefully the issue will be resolved soon...in either case it's hardly important considering that the site is now live and being updated again! Thanks to everyone who put in the work to bring ZD back. :>

The 9th Sage 07-16-2008 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goku (Post 79945)
I am so glad that the damn cat is gone off the logo.

Yeah, that cat was stupid. I don't understand what the point of that was besides Swamp wanting to show everyone his cat or something.

Ugly Joe 07-16-2008 04:16 PM

Haha. Ok, I admit it, I was responsible for the cat logo. I posted it to the Diaries board (right here) after Sam posted a picture of his cat. Some people suggested that it be the new logo and Sam (presumably) put it up there. I guess he forgot to eventually take it down...

Chapu 07-16-2008 06:35 PM

Introductions galore!

Hello everybody!
I received the news of the reopening of Zophar's Domain early this morning, and quite pleased I am with it, I must say.
My name is Hernán, and I hail from Argentina. I'm 22, and I love gaming in all platforms, and many genres. My favourite ones are RPG, FPS, and Graphical Adventures, although I enjoy most of the other genres as well, save for sports. I hate bloody sports, in real life as well as in gaming... :D And my favourite consoles are the Sega Genesis and the Nintendo Famicom. I love retrogaming the most, which doesn't keep me from owning a PS2 and practicing my Guitar Hero mad skillz, or being delighted by the immersive gameplay experience delivered by, say, Ico or Katamary Damacy. But for all of my retrogaming needs I have my trusty PC and my GP2X.
My favourite game of all time is Final Fantasy VII, closely followed by Snatcher. As you might have guessed, I priorize storyline over anything else when looking for "serious" gaming, but I'm also quite fond of the rest for casual.
Well, I think that about covers everything pertinent I'd like to tell you all about me, guys. I simply want to add that I'm delighted the site's back, and that I hope to make new friends and share good written moments with all of you and our hobby in common: videogames.
Cheers!

Xeon3D 07-16-2008 09:35 PM

It seems there's a wine addict between us. :)

piggz92 07-17-2008 12:54 AM

Good day, everyone.

Hello. I have been lurking the forums since the site's inception in 1996(correct me if I'm wrong). Ever since then, I have noticed significant change. All I have to say is...

Whoever helped restore ZD to what it was before it became an archive deserves a tall frosty one. Kudos to you guys, and I hope that this site lives on for years.

Lillymon 07-17-2008 03:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leilei (Post 79628)

I always preferred 1995. Fully half of the jRPGs I've ever completed were first released in 1995.

The 9th Sage 07-17-2008 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ugly Joe (Post 79976)
Haha. Ok, I admit it, I was responsible for the cat logo. I posted it to the Diaries board (right here) after Sam posted a picture of his cat. Some people suggested that it be the new logo and Sam (presumably) put it up there. I guess he forgot to eventually take it down...

Haha, so it WAS YOU. It was YOUR FAULT! Now that I know it's a little more amusing.
(no big deal, anyway :P)

The 9th Sage 07-17-2008 03:57 AM

Welcome welcome. :)

Btw, what is your avatar from? It looks mightily familiar to me.

Umiliphus 07-17-2008 08:34 AM

Who made the Swampgas inaugural SG logo? I thought that was hilarious. Unfortunately, my extensive image archive only contains the next-best logo, that which wears a hat.
http://www.bimshwel.com/awnaw/zdlogo-xmas.jpg

Actually, now that I think about it, who made all the fancy site-update-person logos? It was always obvious when people provided their own, but generally there was a visual consistency among them.

Edman 07-17-2008 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ugly Joe (Post 79976)

He not only updated it... he deleted the original. I could not find ANY version of the logo without a cat. 15GBs of files, and Sam probably decided to save space by deleting the useful logo. The only other version of the ZD logo I could find was Halloween style. One girl with good photoshop skills managed to get rid of the cat and recolor it to make it into the current logo.

Ugly Joe 07-17-2008 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edman (Post 80060)
He not only updated it... he deleted the original. I could not find ANY version of the logo without a cat.

Um...archive.org, dude.

http://web.archive.org/web/200512251...ics/zdlogo.jpg

Chapu 07-17-2008 05:22 PM

Thanks a lot, man!
That avatar looks familiar to you? Funny, 'cause that's a pic of me just about to shoot towards the camera with my bow! :-D
Although I didn't consciously imitate any image when I shot it, I think it's a pretty neat idea of a photograph, and maybe someone else thought that. So it's just as probable that you have seen a similar pic somewhere else.
Alas, I love my bow! lol

SivakDrac 07-17-2008 05:35 PM

I'm back

I guess the site's a new thing now. Good stuff.

I'll probably just continue being the lurker as always, but good to see that things have changed.

Edman 07-17-2008 06:04 PM

I did not think of that :(

Cornellius 07-17-2008 06:59 PM

You were gone ?

Nah, welcome back :P

sephiroth111 07-17-2008 07:53 PM

Good to see you again. I showed up again myself.

sephiroth111 07-17-2008 07:58 PM

Welcome to the thunderdome.

Goku 07-17-2008 08:52 PM

I thought you should have made a new logo. New birth, new style logo. One more thing to wipe away from the stagnated days of bad ownership. I guess that would be a little hard though!

Drako_Dragon 07-17-2008 09:16 PM

I'll just post here

Greetings People and other beings.

I'm still alive.

The 9th Sage 07-18-2008 02:56 AM

How are things in the Draconian biz these days anyway?

SivakDrac 07-18-2008 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The 9th Sage (Post 80133)
How are things in the Draconian biz these days anyway?

Fairly well. I've made some games, eaten some pizza, and all that exciting stuff.

mannypooh 07-18-2008 03:14 PM

Hey im Manny :) ive been visting zophar since around 98. I forgot if they had forums back then =/. Anyways i usually use this site for translations and emulators :) im glad that it's back

The 9th Sage 07-18-2008 04:23 PM

Well, I tell you what...Pizza does sound very exciting to me at the moment. :D

Prower 07-18-2008 09:50 PM

I've just gotten my account set back up and up to speed myself, good to see that there's plenty of activity here again. :>

Xeon3D 07-19-2008 12:57 AM

A PSD surely would come handy for that picture. :)

Cornellius 07-19-2008 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lillymon (Post 79663)
If anyone knows an easy way to get an alpha transparency on an image with a white background like this, please do tell.

I'd make the white in my avatar transparent too, but I'm afraid this way we wouldn't see Mario very well !

cipher 07-19-2008 03:28 PM

O hai.

It's been a long time, ZD, but my exile appears to have been lifted. Nice to see this place rise form the ashes, but I have to admit that I liked the older forums better. :(

packardmelan 07-20-2008 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cipher (Post 80241)
Nice to see this place rise form the ashes, but I have to admit that I liked the older forums better. :(

Come on everybody, let's ride the WWAAAHHHH train!

TOOT-TOOT! Chugga-chugga. WOOT-WOOT! EVERYBODY ride the train! Come on, AND RIDE IT!

The 9th Sage 07-20-2008 04:25 AM

Ok ok man, calm down.

Reaper man 07-20-2008 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by packardmelan (Post 80257)
Come on everybody, let's ride the WWAAAHHHH train!

TOOT-TOOT! Chugga-chugga. WOOT-WOOT! EVERYBODY ride the train! Come on, AND RIDE IT!

wow, someone is overreacting....