Zophar's Message Domain

Zophar's Message Domain (http://www.zophar.net/forums/index.php)
-   Talk of the Town (http://www.zophar.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   PYP Thread! Must see! L@@K! Can't Miss! (http://www.zophar.net/forums/showthread.php?t=9442)

puduhead 09-27-2009 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cornellius (Post 93949)
Why do we always feel the need to classify things ? I've noticed that our parents generation have more problems accepting these things than our generation.

It's very true. I sympathize with the general frustration in this attempt to understand a complex social topic. The younger generation is more adept at comprehending things like this. Age and the culture of which you were raised develops your formative rationale and can be a huge obstacle in understanding present evolution.

I've observed that for older generations, some things are just painfully difficult to comprehend, like incompatible software. And personally, having finally accepted that i'm no longer the youth generation, i can see myself slowly slipping into a new level of misunderstanding on today's relevant changes.

It may not always make sense to my logic, but every new generation becomes the tide society rides. The enthusiasm and quest for new ideas and meaning. It can be very fascinating and exhilarating, albeit, harder to understand for the previous age.

FleshCage 09-27-2009 08:22 PM

You're the first person I've heard about whose like this. Although... My ex boyfriend used to dress in drag, yet, he was my boyfriend. I respect your choices, cause it's intriguing to me. I broke up with my ex because of how socially unacceptable dressing like a girl is. But his way of explaining to me is that he was comfortable dressed like a girl. It did get to a point where he'd be trying to pick up gay dudes, and that's another reason I broke up with him. A thing my friend used to say before he started to dress like a girl was, that he was a lesbian on the inside, which made me laugh. She used to say that some people are like that. Hell, she even used to say that I was a gay dude on the inside, and that's why I liked my feminine boyfriend. All this is very interesting, but, I don't think it's something to get heated over. I say, if a guy wants to be a girl, but like girls, then by all means do what makes you happy. "Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" that's what we're all looking for.

Maximum Potion 09-27-2009 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleshCage (Post 93968)
I say, if a guy wants to be a girl, but like girls, then by all means do what makes you happy. "Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" that's what we're all looking for.

It's really all that matters.

Reaper man 09-27-2009 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleshCage (Post 93968)
My ex boyfriend used to dress in drag, yet, he was my boyfriend.

Wait...Balthazar?!

I honestly could never picture him in drag... :scared:

shawn 09-28-2009 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by puduhead (Post 93961)
It's very true. I sympathize with the general frustration in this attempt to understand a complex social topic. The younger generation is more adept at comprehending things like this. Age and the culture of which you were raised develops your formative rationale and can be a huge obstacle in understanding present evolution.

I've observed that for older generations, some things are just painfully difficult to comprehend, like incompatible software. And personally, having finally accepted that i'm no longer the youth generation, i can see myself slowly slipping into a new level of misunderstanding on today's relevant changes.

It may not always make sense to my logic, but every new generation becomes the tide society rides. The enthusiasm and quest for new ideas and meaning. It can be very fascinating and exhilarating, albeit, harder to understand for the previous age.


Oh yeah I wasn't mad BTW. I was confused though a bit. Like you said I did find it hard to understand. I like my generation can't categorize the word feel. It has no specific meaning to add to a logical conclusion. I like others over that are over 40 have the problem and privilege of having our hormones slow down/lessen. It does 2 things though, we slow down a bit and we are not controlled by our emotions to such a point and I have had a really high testosterone level for most of my adult life without the anger so it is nice to be more relaxed though I can think very quickly I still find it hard to find the words or how to phrase them the way I intended.

The 9th Sage 09-28-2009 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shawn (Post 93986)
Oh yeah I wasn't mad BTW. I was confused though a bit. Like you said I did find it hard to understand. I like my generation can't categorize the word feel. It has no specific meaning to add to a logical conclusion. I like others over that are over 40 have the problem and privilege of having our hormones slow down/lessen. It does 2 things though, we slow down a bit and we are not controlled by our emotions to such a point and I have had a really high testosterone level for most of my adult life without the anger so it is nice to be more relaxed though I can think very quickly I still find it hard to find the words or how to phrase them the way I intended.

Yeah, I could see that I guess. I'm glad that you're more calm now. Also, Isildur...that picture begs for a caption of some kind.

shawn 09-28-2009 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isildur (Post 93935)
Eek. Shawn has always been one of the nicest guys at ZMD. I think this is just a lot to take in at once if one hasn't had much real exposure to LGBT matters beyond the stuff that gets put on TV. And I probably didn't help matters by chiming in -- it's easy to get defensive if you feel like everyone is getting on your back. I understand why Brad did what he did, but Shawn, I hope you come back with no hard feelings. This place wouldn't be as much fun without you.:(


And I still am. I was never angry. I wasn't attacking or trying to insult anyone including Brad. This subject was like a logic problem without all the clue to myself. It confused the shit out of me. I have my opinion and it is based on the study I did on google for hours yesterday and I skipped anything that wasn't a medical fact or fact based psychology and I found very little actual information except a description of the operation and that it will make any man appear to be a woman and vice versa with the aid of hormones and that the side effects were minimal unless with men a sensitivity to estogen developed after a few years.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The 9th Sage (Post 93989)
Also, Isildur...that picture begs for a caption of some kind.

I know those damn leprechauns hid that pot of gold around here some wheres!!!

Fatal Rose 09-28-2009 03:15 AM

http://hphotos-snc1.fbcdn.net/hs131...._3157287_n.jpg
Me and my little cousin.
http://hphotos-snc1.fbcdn.net/hs151...._6283442_n.jpg

Fatal Rose 09-28-2009 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper man (Post 88158)
ok, someone dared me to do this, so here we go. I present to you, my butt. XD

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c1...n/sexybutt.jpg

........

FleshCage 09-28-2009 01:03 PM

And no, Not Will. An ex boyfriend before him. The one right before, actually.


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:05 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.