Zophar's Message Domain

Zophar's Message Domain (http://www.zophar.net/forums/index.php)
-   Rom Hack (http://www.zophar.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   FF6 Easy Type (http://www.zophar.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2273)

liquidsub 08-26-2004 09:36 PM

FF6 Easy Type
 
Well, since editing is easy and adding is impossible... Has anyone thought of making a patch to make the game easier?

My sister is a fan of FF but she sucks BADLY at it. She always hands me the controller when there's a battle, but she's still pretty good at solving anything else. She's the type that likes to explore new towns, talk to people, and so on. She just like's to get on with the story instead.

I'm just wondering if anyone else would be interested? I don't think I need much help cause there's like 3 programs that are easy to use so I doubt I'll be asking annoying n00b questions here.

This could be good if you have friends or relatives who suck at RPG's which I'm sure there are people you know who do.
................I'd still like to add Jesus somehow at all. Can he be an added character or do I have to edit one of the characters in the party?

<P ID="signature"></P>

Goku 08-27-2004 01:59 AM

Re: FF6 Easy Type
 
> Well, since editing is easy and adding is impossible... Has
> anyone thought of making a patch to make the game easier?

Use game genie codes. That way the fighting will become impossible to lose

<P ID="signature">ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ</P>

MooglyGuy 08-27-2004 05:21 AM

Re: FF6 Easy Type
 
> My sister is a fan of FF but she sucks BADLY at it. She
> always hands me the controller when there's a battle, but
> she's still pretty good at solving anything else.

Then she shouldn't be playing a damn RPG. Give her a good platform game or something.

<P ID="signature">http://www.zophar.net/personal/mooglyguy/new_jersey.gif</P>

Goku 08-27-2004 05:23 AM

Re: FF6 Easy Type
 

> Then she shouldn't be playing a damn RPG. Give her a good
> platform game or something.

Platformers dont have the strong story. That is the most attractive thing about RPGs (to me). Then again, i love fantasy novels.


<P ID="signature">ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ</P>

MooglyGuy 08-27-2004 05:27 AM

Re: FF6 Easy Type
 
> > Then she shouldn't be playing a damn RPG. Give her a good
> > platform game or something.
>
> Platformers dont have the strong story. That is the most
> attractive thing about RPGs (to me).

Yes, but if she sucks at battles in RPGs (which seems like a bad excuse, they're not difficult) then she shouldn't be playing an RPG, which anyone will tell you involves a lot of battles and is almost arguably nothing without battles.

<P ID="signature">http://www.zophar.net/personal/mooglyguy/new_jersey.gif</P>

liquidsub 08-27-2004 08:26 AM

Re: FF6 Easy Type
 
Great idea, but it's just not the same cause people want the feeling like they deserved the victory.

She can fight battles on her own, but she hands it to me whenever there's a hard enemy mainly a boss.
She's the type that still looks at the controller to find the O button.
<img src=smilies/headshake.gif>

<P ID="signature"></P>

Chickenlump 08-27-2004 10:18 AM

Re: FF6 Easy Type
 
The closest thing I could find was Blitzkrieg's hacks.
http://www.blitzkrieg.finalconquest.net/
No FF6 easytype, but there is a FF5 easytype, perhaps she could play that, it's a damn fine game.
Final Fantasy Mystic Quest is supposed to be easy as well, and sounds like something she would enjoy as well. <img src=smilies/thumb.gif>

<P ID="signature"></P>

JCE3000GT 08-27-2004 10:54 AM

Re: FF6 Easy Type
 
> The closest thing I could find was Blitzkrieg's hacks.
> http://www.blitzkrieg.finalconquest.net/
> No FF6 easytype, but there is a FF5 easytype, perhaps she
> could play that, it's a damn fine game.
> Final Fantasy Mystic Quest is supposed to be easy as well,
> and sounds like something she would enjoy as well.

FYI: You can run my patch over the translated FF5 rom. <img src=smilies/thumb.gif>

<P ID="signature">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...samsho4001.gif</P>

Goku 08-27-2004 03:16 PM

Re: FF6 Easy Type
 
I wouldnt say that. Especially FF8 and 10. Remove all the battles but the boss battles, and you have a pretty compelling story. Infact, i found random battles rather annoying.

<P ID="signature">ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ</P>

MooglyGuy 08-27-2004 05:15 PM

Re: FF6 Easy Type
 
> I wouldnt say that. Especially FF8 and 10. Remove all the
> battles but the boss battles, and you have a pretty
> compelling story. Infact, i found random battles rather
> annoying.

Well, given the fact that he just clarified in another post that she can get through regular battles but not boss battles, would you agree now that that constitutes a pointless game if you don't play through the boss battles? That's like ordering a nice pizza from Pizza Hut, then staring at it and saying, "Wow, that's a great pizza", but never eating any of it, or maybe just eating the pepperoni off of the top. It doesn't work.

<P ID="signature">http://www.zophar.net/personal/mooglyguy/new_jersey.gif</P>


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:10 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.