ZD logo

Isildur

One little thing has been bothering me, because I can be anally obsessive about stupid little details: The current version of the ZD logo. The image background doesn't quite match the black page background, there's a faint line artifact towards the image's bottom, and the way the glow gets cut off looks weird to me.

I made two modified versions. They're not perfect themselves (I was constrained a bit by the fact that I was keeping the dimensions intact, so the glow is still kind of lopsided), but I think they're sort of usable: You can compare them with the original here.

Anyway, my silly niggling notwithstanding, the new site design looks excellent.
icon14.gif
icon14.gif

Last edited:
One little thing has been bothering me, because I can be anally obsessive about stupid little details: The current version of the ZD logo. The image background doesn't quite match the black page background, there's a faint line artifact towards the image's bottom, and the way the glow gets cut off looks weird to me.

You're right...and now it's bothering me too. >_<

Problem with the logo, it gets in the way of links to the on the upper left column.
here's a capture of what I got.
*image deleted*

9th Sage says: sorry, it was really stretching the boards on this thread, and he helped with your problem, so I decided to get rid of the link. Please resize it to a size that is somewhat more sane next time. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Except the damn talking ones. I've won about 1,000 Free Nintendo Wiis during my updating of the NSF archive.

LCD IS a superior tech!
I agree with reaper, yay for LCD!

All the rest of you suffer with your fine tuned resolutions, and you notice every little tiny flaw wrong with a site, and it bugs you so you have to bug the admins about it. lol.

meanwhile the rest of us couldn't give an F less because we use laptops/notebook PCs/computers with an LCD monitor, etc.. and we can't see the tiny flaws.

THAT is what makes LCD superior! It removes the flaws for us! lol.

amirite?

LCD IS a superior tech!
I agree with reaper, yay for LCD!

All the rest of you suffer with your fine tuned resolutions, and you notice every little tiny flaw wrong with a site, and it bugs you so you have to bug the admins about it. lol.

meanwhile the rest of us couldn't give an F less because we use laptops/notebook PCs/computers with an LCD monitor, etc.. and we can't see the tiny flaws.

THAT is what makes LCD superior! It removes the flaws for us! lol.

amirite?

I surely do hope that's sarcasm.

Yeah, I'm waiting on new display technology, which seems to be taking forever.

See if you can get an LCD with special coatings...I can't remember what it's called (not at my regular PC at home right now) but I'll let you know. My LCD monitor at home has astonishing black reproduction, better than my LCD TV or most other LCDs I've seen.

Back
Top Bottom