Wiibrew Snes9xGX 002: Classic Controller and Nunchuk support, configurable controller

dangwoot

A new version is out for the popular Snes9X emulator, this time from Wii homebrew developer michniewski. Called Snes9xGX, this emulator has support for the Wiimote, as well as the nunchuk and the Wii Classic Controller.

What's neat is that all the controllers in this emulator can be configured. Michniewski also notes that the emulator needs only one global configuration per controller. The emulator even has a GameCube version, although this is still untested.

Be sure to read the documentation included with the download.
Here's Whats New.
Code:
[What's New 002]

* added: classic and nunchuk support
    * added: all controllers can now be configured
    * added: GC version (untested)
    * changed: mappings are no longer stored in SRAM, but in config file. This means no per-game configurations, but one global config per controller.
    * one makefile to make all versions. (thanks to snes9x143 SVN)

Download From Our Snes9xGX Page

credits and thanks to Isaac C. over at qj.net

Last edited:
YAY!!!! Good post! To make it better:
  • You should write the news, not simply copy it from the site.
  • Proper capitalization and spelling also help.

Example:
---
Snes9xGX, a SNES emulator for the Wii, has been updated to 002. This version now supports amongst other things, the classic and the nunchuck controllers.

Here's what's new on this version:
What's New 002
  • added: classic and nunchuk support
  • added: all controllers can now be configured
  • added: GC version (untested)
  • changed: mappings are no longer stored in SRAM, but in config file. This means no per-game configurations, but one global config per controller.
  • one makefile to make all versions. (thanks to snes9x143 SVN)

You can get more information and download it from our Snes9xGX page.

Thanks to Isaac C. over at QJ.net for the news.
---
As you can see, I wrote the introduction to the newspost using a little of the changelog, still provided the changelog (for this version only, no need to post the older version changelogs like you did) and also I have formatted it a bit with the List tags. Capitalization is correct and you also made the little error of adding the version number (002) to the page's (or section) name. Also, when thanking \ crediting someone (you should also thank them, not just credit) you should write the reason you're thanking them. If an author provides you with news, you could say, Thanks to the author, XyZeD, for the news.

If someone disagrees with this, please post.

Yup. Wayyyy better! :) You'll get the hang of it eventually. If you just say Thanks to xxxx it'll work as "credits" as well. No need to say thanks and credits....

You ought to mention that it's based on Snes9x 1.5, rather than...1.42 (I think) which is what the other ports are based on. It's not that important I guess, but some things such as SFX2 are much more accurate in 1.5.

Back
Top Bottom