Wi-Fi Extenders

Andrew92

Hey everyone!

Just wanted to ask a quick question here because I figured I could get a good second opinion. Long story short, I have been looking into getting a Wi-Fi extender to hook up to my setup in my garage which is a ways off from my main house and backyard. I can’t even begin to explain how little I know about the subject matter so other than recommendations for the Wi-Fi extender itself, I’d love to know what other stuff I need to get the thing working, (I’ll 3D print it all myself, like Mounting brackets, etc.)
Here are some of the ones I saw but I would like to make an informed decision.

Thanks in advance for all the help!

Last edited:

martini

Super Moderator
Hi

I personally dislike Wi-fi Extenders. Maybe I didn't use the good ones. Too much hazzle to configure them and different networks issues in my case.

If you can invest more money I will suggest you to better use a mesh wifi network. It is more expensive, but I personally have used Google Wifi and haven't got (almost) no need to worry about my wifi anymore.

Here it is a list in Amazon.

Regards

shawn

Hey everyone!

Just wanted to ask a quick question here because I figured I could get a good second opinion. Long story short, I have been looking into getting a Wi-Fi extender to hook up to my setup in my garage which is a ways off from my main house and backyard. I can’t even begin to explain how little I know about the subject matter so other than recommendations for the Wi-Fi extender itself, I’d love to know what other stuff I need to get the thing working, (I’ll 3D print it all myself, like Mounting brackets, etc.)
Here are some of the ones I saw but I would like to make an informed decision.

Thanks in advance for all the help!
I know it's late but this option is little used and similar to a mesh network. Buy a second wireless router to extend the signal by making it an extention of the first router. You just hook them up with ethernet cable for the initial setup and give them different addresses, then allow the second router to access the network through your primary. I've read so many bad reviews on the not most expensive systems saying they disconnect and shit but who knows, they could be idiots who set the thing in some insane setup.

Top Bottom