What games are you playing lately?

How is "Grill Off with Ultra Hand"? I'm still debating on spending some of my coins on it or not.

Actually, surprisingly fun (it can get pretty challenging too). I'm enjoying it quite a bit actually. Keep in mind it's not a super long game...it's more of an arcadey beat your high score kind of game.

download-resident-evil-3-screenshot.jpg

Ahm..I am playing Resident Evil 3 (PSX) 'cause Jill Valentine is so hot :)...

I've been stuck with Halo 3 for the longest time now. It's great for short bursts between classes (as well as relieving stress during finals week). Started the Reach Beta too which isn't half bad.
And I occasionally play New Super Mario Bros with my girl.

For the summer, though, I have mad plans! On top of working, fixing up my Firebird, I plan on finally beating Majora's Mask.

That game has just been the ugly duckling of the series to me and I've never got past the first temple. I know when I get to the meat of the story I'll enjoy it...it's just a matter of doing it.
I actually attempted to get into it over Christmas but my Gamecube version kept on crashing on my Wii. Words of wisdom: do not use cMIOS on your Wii or MM will crash when you face the skull kid.

I actually attempted to get into it over Christmas but my Gamecube version kept on crashing on my Wii. Words of wisdom: do not use cMIOS on your Wii or MM will crash when you face the skull kid.

Yeah...seems like the emulator on that version is kind of buggy (though I don't think it's meant to crash like that ;). You're probably best off paying a few bucks and getting the Wii VC version.

I had installed Waninkoko's cMIOS to see if I could play some of my backup Gamecube games (it works).
The problem, though, is when I went to play the original disc version of The Legend of Zelda - Collectors Edition with cMIOS, MM would always crash at a certain spot. Revert back to the original MIOS, the game works like a champ most of the time.
The emulator for that version is pretty crappy. I've found turning off the rumble generally gets rid of most of the crashing. It wouldn't be so much of a problem but MM has a weird save system so you would lose most of your stuff.

I had installed Waninkoko's cMIOS to see if I could play some of my backup Gamecube games (it works).
The problem, though, is when I went to play the original disc version of The Legend of Zelda - Collectors Edition with cMIOS, MM would always crash at a certain spot. Revert back to the original MIOS, the game works like a champ most of the time.
The emulator for that version is pretty crappy. I've found turning off the rumble generally gets rid of most of the crashing. It wouldn't be so much of a problem but MM has a weird save system so you would lose most of your stuff.

Oh, really? So it's using the original disk that's not working. That's pretty weird.

Yeah, apparently it is a bug in the cMIOS that breaks some games. And as people are less concerned about the gamecube on the Wii, there will probably never be a fix.
Just use cMIOS with backup games and revert back to MIOS for real games.

I probably will. Awhile back I condensed my Gamecube collection down...I dumped copies of every single disc, then I made a bunch of multigame discs (on full size DVDs since they hold more than those mini Gamecube DVDs). Kind of awesome to get 3 or 4 games on one disc.

Been very busy with offline stuff, and what not, but when I have had a chance I been playing a few games. Jumpman for the Apple II emulator, Street Fighter 4 for the PS3, and I been playing Adventure Island a little bit on the NES.

I've been playing Asian Knights of the old Republic.. er.. I mean Jade Empire by Bioware for Xbox. Not bad. Standard formula. Some engaging content and the battle system is fun-ish. Just too easy.

Side quest gaming has been: Castlevania IV for SNES; The Granstream Saga for PS1 (unofficial successor to the Soul Blazer series); Amazing Compile shmup Zanac X Zanac for PS1.

Last edited:
I'm always playing Mario, played Monopoly yesterday (it was fun), and playing
my games on my PSOne, Spyro. What else? I dunno....

Other than Quake Live, I'm currently playing Final Fantasy: Dawn of Souls (I)
going through the optional dungeons is a pain though...

Super Mario Galaxy 2. I'm at 106 stars so far, all but about 4 comet medals.

Edit: 111 stars.

Edit: 114. Fuck yeah

Edit: 120! WOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Last edited:
Lately I've been playing Spelunky. Also been trying to actually finish some games on my steam list, like Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines and Jade Empire.

I started Majora's Mask a couple of weeks ago. It's a sold game but it can be very repetitive if you don't master the time system. This is actually the first time I managed to keep interest long enough that I'll probably finish it.

I'm with Ben on the 'playing games I bought on Steam a long time ago' thing. I got a bunch of things in Steam sales but with my PC being unstable then I accquired a backlog.

Playing through Mass Effect right now, freaking love it. I'll probably get back to playing more Mario Galaxy 2 soon as well (got 120 stars, I'm on the tons of post end content now). Also playing Tales of Innocence on my DS thanks to Absolute Zero's excellent translation of it.

Playing through Mass Effect right now, freaking love it.

Make sure to get the Bringing Down The Sky expansion. It's completely awesome and well worth the paltry sum it costs. It can be played within the main game, so you don't need to wait until you've beaten the game to get it. It was almost worth it for some of the graphics alone, let alone the fact that it has a nice little storyline that apparently ties directly into Mass Effect 2. (Which I haven't played yet since my TV shit the bed and is going to cost $200 to fix.)

Make sure to get the Bringing Down The Sky expansion. It's completely awesome and well worth the paltry sum it costs. It can be played within the main game, so you don't need to wait until you've beaten the game to get it. It was almost worth it for some of the graphics alone, let alone the fact that it has a nice little storyline that apparently ties directly into Mass Effect 2. (Which I haven't played yet since my TV shit the bed and is going to cost $200 to fix.)

Actually, I do have it already (and it seems to be free on the PC for some reason). Haven't run into the content yet, but surely more of this game is an excellent thing. :D

*edit*
Hm, at least I thought I had...maybe I thought about it and hadn't actually done it yet. Now I know why I thought this...I probably tried it some time ago before actually playing the game. It's having problems installing on Windows 7 x64 for me. It isn't an issue of it running as admin or not (since it is) it just...fails. With a very undescriptive error. I'll keep trying it though.

Got it now...the installer was stuck in Vista compatibility mode for some bizzare reason. Thanks for mentioning the DLC...as I thought I'd installed it already I'd probably have missed out on it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom