Weird...

Narvick

drleft.png

I was playing Minish Cap and came upon this in the town and I find it amusing. But, why did they reference Dr. Wright (from SNES SimCity) in a Zelda game? Does anyone know a story on this or anything?

<P ID="signature">:D!</P>

Mr. Write was a character in Zelda Link's Awakening. Then when Capcom made the Zelda Seasons/Ages they threw in a character named Left as a joke. For what ever reason Mr. Write resembled Write from Simcity... my guess it's the same reason goombas, piranha plants, boos, podoboos, anti-kirbys, and hothead apeared in Link's Awakening.

<P ID="signature"><hr>
<center>
LMleh.gif
LynnStatus.png

</center></P>

I played about halfway through Seasons, but I don't remember Mr. Write :( I don't think anyways.

Mr. Write is in the upper left house in Link's Awakening, just above the forest like above where I was messing with the map in my ZeldaLttP conversion to ZeldaLA screen shot I posted on the Hacking board. "Mr. Left" was a character in Season or Ages I forget which one which referanced Mr. Write only sence Write only apears in Awakening. So Dr. Left is the same referance joke.

<P ID="signature"><hr>
<center>
LMleh.gif
LynnStatus.png

</center></P>

Mr. Miyamoto (creator of Zelda) helped bring "SimCity" to the SNES, and is a fan of the game. When they did Zelda: Link's Awakening on the GB, they included "Mr. Write" in the game, who you could call from time to time.

This is just an update of that, and a relative.

<P ID="signature">It doesn't matter if you’re 7'8" and weigh 100 lbs, or you're 4'9" and weigh 300 lbs, or black, green, or blue. That's Gene's greatest legacy to all of us - inclusion for the world. - Robert Blackman</P>

I'll be honest, it's been so long since I've played Link's Awakening, that I had forgotten about it. I do remember being able to call someone, and I do remember a Dr. Write now ;P

Back
Top Bottom