Twitter

Lillymon

OK, new topic time since I find myself using my Twitter account more than anything else now, and I ended up wondering if anyone else here uses Twitter or if it's just me. Also, Twitter clients. My client of choice up until recently was Qwit, but it kept glitching up and lacked some basic features, so I switched to Choqok and I'm a lot happier with it. My mum currently still uses Qwit, but will be using Gwibber soon if I can iron out some problems with it and Xfce's panel.

I've been using Twitter for a while now under the username vtvincent. I like the service a lot and I actually prefer it's minimalistic design over Facebook. It's nice actually seeing real content and not just 50 Farmville updates.

TweetDeck is a pretty nice desktop client based on Adobe AIR. One of the features I particularly like is it's ability to save and sync account settings so I can easily use it on multiple computers. It can also be used with Facebook, LinkedIn and a couple of other social media networks.

Trillian recently extended their social media support of Twitter and other services to provide a timeline similar to what the other clients do as well. I tried it out for a few days but ended up switching back to TweetDeck. Given enough time and polish, I could see using it.

Why would you compare Facebook to Twitter? That's like comparing Denny's to Walmart. For me personally, far more of my friends are on Google+ than Facebook and Twitter combined.

I prefer Linked[in] for the upper echelon of social networking experiences.

IPO came out this quarter and its like Oh Yeah!

Last edited:
i never got into social networking. My life is too boring and to busy to post updates that nobody cares about on line for people to see.

I've had a Xanga.
I've had a blogspot.
I've had a MySpace.
I've had a Twitter.
I've had a Facebook.

Those are all gone. Now I'm solely on Google+.

You only have to check Twitter & Facebook separately if you choose to do so, seeing as how there are 4000 different apps that will integrate everything in one place.

As for the point of Google+... For you, there probably is no point. Google+ is a social networking tool. For those of us who actually work on social projects, it's quite useful.

The argument could also be made that the reasons for using Google+ are meaningless to anyone who uses Facebook. It would be like trying to explain bikini wax to an Eskimo.

i never got into social networking. My life is too boring and to busy to post updates that nobody cares about on line for people to see.

Yet you post here.

Back
Top Bottom