Submitting emulator packages

Rattlehead

How would I go about submitting a ZIP folder that has an emulator, along with all of the optional plug-ins?

You can record movies in ZSNES, but you have to download several codecs and plug-ins in order to dump the recorded movies to disk. Finding all of the stuff was a major pain in the ass, so I figured "Why not submit all of this stuff, to make it easier to find?"

I want to include ZSNES as well, but I'm wary of submitting things that I didn't create. Can someone help me out?

Whether or not such a submission is deemed necessary may be up to better staff members than myself, but for the time being I would recommend uploading your ZIP file to a webspace of your choosing, making a topic on the Submit Emulation News board, and providing a link to the ZIP file there. Be very descriptive in your post on that board as to what else besides the ZSNES executable is included.

Hm...how about putting the package (minus Zsnes) somewhere, perhaps uploading it as an attatchment on the boards here, and we can put it up as a seperate archive in the Zsnes section? It's for Windows, I'm assuming? I don't really see the harm in that.

Here it is. In order to stay under the file size limit, I had to use the '.7z' format for compression. You'll need 7-Zip, in order to open it.

Back
Top Bottom