Structural web design flaw on homepage

HiddenPalm

This is my first post in these threads though I have been using this website forever. Shame on me, I have really enjoyed so much of what this site has offered. I have so much respect for all the work that has been done here. Never relent.

So yeah this problem with two of your links on the homepage has moved me to register finally and report the problem, to y'all.

I use firefox, win 7.

On the homepage, the ZD banner gets in the way of the "Emulators For:" menu on the upper right part of the page. You can't click on the "Win/Dos" or the "Unix/Linux" links because of the banner.

This problem surprisingly has been around for some time, as I think I had to deal with it over a year ago maybe even longer.

I had figured out a way to get passed it, but I dont remember - you gotta click around to get to the desired page via another way. I guess I can adblock the banner, but I like Zophar. It just feels weird to do that.

Anyways thanks again for all the years of fun. Here's a pic of my emulator icons on objectdock. I always go here to get the latest updates for my favorite emulators. And all of my ex girlfriends come here too, lol!

emuicons.png

I also use firefox, I have the 5.0 version and I'm on windows 7. I don't have this problem. So it seems something else is causing it. Maybe you have something else running or whatnot?

It does seem that the website is for some reason screwed up under internet explorer 8, yet works perfectly fine under IE9, and to my knowledge also IE7. I'm baffled what caused that to happen.

I also use firefox, I have the 5.0 version and I'm on windows 7. I don't have this problem. So it seems something else is causing it. Maybe you have something else running or whatnot?

It does seem that the website is for some reason screwed up under internet explorer 8, yet works perfectly fine under IE9, and to my knowledge also IE7. I'm baffled what caused that to happen.

He has an adblocker on, Edman. This is a known issue.

Also, you actually visit here on occasion? *shock*

I see.

I do check the site for issues all the time.

Its unfortunate I don't have time to do more work on it. I really wish I would.

Back
Top Bottom