Snes9xGX v005

SparroHawc

This fantastic SNES emulator for the Wii has been updated to version v005, with a hefty set of changes.

What's New 005

michniewski
  • added: Superscope/mouse/justifier support, with Wii remote
  • added: 3 render modes - Original, Filtered, Unfiltered
  • added: widescreen compensation option
  • added: DVD support on the Wii
  • changed: zoom - limited range, added reset zoom option

Tantric
  • added: now uses SNES 1.51 core (thanks to eke-eke for help with this)
  • added: cheats menu! Loads .CHT file from /snes9x/cheats folder, .CHT file name must match file name of ROM
  • added: load/save preference selector. ROM, SRAM, Freeze, and preferences are saved/loaded according to these
  • added: preliminary Windows file share loading/saving (SMB) support on Wii: You can input your network settings into snes9xGX.xml, or edit s9xconfig.cpp from the source code and compile.
  • added: 'Auto' settings for save/load - attempts to automatically determine your load/save device(s) - SD, USB, Memory Card, DVD, SMB
  • added: ROM Information page
  • added: Game Menu - all game-specific options are here now: SRAM save/load, Snapshot save/load, game reload, etc
  • added: Credits page
  • fixed: sd gecko works now
  • fixed: full USB support
  • changed: menu structure
  • changed: preferences are now loaded and saved in XML format. You can open snes9xGX.xml edit all settings, including some not available within the program
  • changed: if Home button is pressed when a game is running, Game Menu pops up
  • changed: if preferences can't be loaded at the start and/or are reset, preferences menu pops up - remove to save your preferences!
  • changed: SRAM load - game reloaded automatically after loading SRAM

A word of caution - the savestate code has been completely rewritten, and as a result, any savestate made before this version will not load.

It can be downloaded from our Snes9xGX page.

Last edited:
This fantastic SNES emulator for the Wii has been updated to version v005, with a hefty set of changes.

What's New 005

michniewski
  • added: Superscope/mouse/justifier support, with Wii remote
  • added: 3 render modes - Original, Filtered, Unfiltered
  • added: widescreen compensation option
  • added: DVD support on the Wii
  • changed: zoom - limited range, added reset zoom option

Tantric
  • added: now uses SNES 1.51 core (thanks to eke-eke for help with this)
  • added: cheats menu! Loads .CHT file from /snes9x/cheats folder, .CHT file name must match file name of ROM
  • added: load/save preference selector. ROM, SRAM, Freeze, and preferences are saved/loaded according to these
  • added: preliminary Windows file share loading/saving (SMB) support on Wii: You can input your network settings into snes9xGX.xml, or edit s9xconfig.cpp from the source code and compile.
  • added: 'Auto' settings for save/load - attempts to automatically determine your load/save device(s) - SD, USB, Memory Card, DVD, SMB
  • added: ROM Information page
  • added: Game Menu - all game-specific options are here now: SRAM save/load, Snapshot save/load, game reload, etc
  • added: Credits page
  • fixed: sd gecko works now
  • fixed: full USB support
  • changed: menu structure
  • changed: preferences are now loaded and saved in XML format. You can open snes9xGX.xml edit all settings, including some not available within the program
  • changed: if Home button is pressed when a game is running, Game Menu pops up
  • changed: if preferences can't be loaded at the start and/or are reset, preferences menu pops up - remove to save your preferences!
  • changed: SRAM load - game reloaded automatically after loading SRAM

A word of caution - the savestate code has been completely rewritten, and as a result, any savestate made before this version will not load.

It can be downloaded from our Snes9xGX page.

Anyone knows about the compatibility of this emulator ? Is it the same as Snes9x, since it's the "mold" of this one ?

Anyone knows about the compatibility of this emulator ? Is it the same as Snes9x, since it's the "mold" of this one ?

It's quite good, games such as Super Mario RPG, Starfox 2, Radical Dreamers and the weird BS Zelda hacks all work. It's a very good emulator.

I'd like to try it, but I don't want to mess with my Wii.

Well, the Twilight Hack doesn't modify/install anything in your system (and if you have a copy of Zelda, you can just download the appropriate save and BAM, instant homebrew assuming you follow the directions).

Well, the Twilight Hack doesn't modify/install anything in your system (and if you have a copy of Zelda, you can just download the appropriate save and BAM, instant homebrew assuming you follow the directions).

I have Twilight Princess, but for the GameCube.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if that is a feature of the "Emulation News" forum section. I only found one other post I made here, which could not be edited, but that does not prove anything.

You could borrow Twilight Princess, or rent it. As for me, I bought it and am very happy with the Homebrew Channel. Moreso than with TP, whose control scheme feels lousy compared to the GC version.

Sorry if this isn't the spot for this question but I been searching for the info I need for hours. I and running snes9xGX on my Wii using the homebrew channel. I have my roms on an SD card in the front SD slot. I read a little on the need for a gamecube memory card being in slot b but snes9xGX won't even load when the gamecube memory is in the slot. I can't seem to save any games or prefrences to the SD card. All the games run great I just can't save my progress or my prefrences.

Anyone have some insight on this? Any help would be great.

EDIT: Forgot some info. Using SanDisk for Wii 2.0gb. It's formatted to fat16 if that makes any difference. Appears there is no issue with reading the card. Can't get any info written to the card.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't seem to save any games or prefrences to the SD card. All the games run great I just can't save my progress or my prefrences.

A couple things to check... All SD cards have a little slide-lock on the side. Make sure it's not in the 'locked' position. Also, to save within SNES9xGX, you need the proper directory - namely, /snes9x/saves/ on the card.
And unless autosaving is turned on, the SRAM won't get saved until you specifically tell it to. Even if it is turned on, you still need to go back to the emulator's menu to commit it to SD card.

Check on that and get back to us.

Yes, I'm not sure who told you that you HAD to have a Gamecube memory card in the slot, especially since you are using SD you don't need to bother with a Gamecube memory card (in theory you could save sram to it, but why bother if you have an SD card?). Memory card stuff can be somewhat buggy in Gamecube mode, and is apparently more buggy in Wii mode code anyway. :)

I am having the same issue. I have checked to make sure the lock isn't on. My file structure on SD is correct. If anyone ever found out the problem please let me know.

Er...ok, well, for the record you're better off making a new thread than bumping an old news post that's over a year old. Please make a post in the General Emulation forum with more information (like what version you're using, etc...)

Back
Top Bottom