Site hosting

Rattlehead

Hey everyone, it's been a long time since I last logged on. I've just been busy with a new job and finishing up high school (...about damn time!) Anyway, on to my question...

I'm working at an independently-owned restaurant now, which is awesome, 'cuz my boss (and the store owner) is a totally kickass guy. I'm usually in charge of keeping our ingredients stocked and cleaning dishes (It's my first job, and I'm 18. What do you want from me?)

Anyway...my boss recently asked me if I would help him create a website for the restaurant, which I agreed to. Unfortunately, it's been a few years since I did any significant coding. Luckily, I was able to re-learn quite a bit, so that's good. Right now, I'm searching for server space that's worth paying money for. Does anyone have any recommendations? The things that matter the most to me are:

1. being able to access, manage, and preferably edit files via my laptop or desktop
2. being able to easily navigate the management software interface
3. my boss being able to access the management software (in addition to myself), preferably being able to access it simultaneously
4. reliability and performance (obviously)

So, any suggestions?

I accidentally deleted your post Ramsus. I would restore it but it's lost to the ether. Please, if you don't mind, repost your response. I'm sorry about the inconvenience there.

There are a lot of site generators out there, and for what you may be looking for the ranges are as follows:

Sites like Wix/Weebly/squarespace/shopify/ -- Easy User administration, not much customization
Hosted Wordpress -- Medium administration, medium customization, lots of templates
Self hosted Wordpress -- much more administration. , lots more customization,

Anyway, I use go daddy for my site. You might want to check it out. Also - I wanted to reply here in particular, re your comment on your responsibilities - hey, a job is a job and as long as you are working hard and earning money honestly, you should be proud. Also, if your boss is a good one - there's no better deal :)

Back
Top Bottom