roms net affiliation? & donations

Status
Not open for further replies.

baco

hi, if these two sites are not affiliated ? then why is it that on the zophars front page there is a link that says "new! donations" that when clicked takes you to the roms fourum page ? and it seems that the donation gos to the "other" site that is not affiliated with this one(that i paid btw to get faster DLs that do not appear , 55kbs or 90mins for one sega cd file!)
this is at best confusing and at worst a con!
i have been forced to post here as I have not recieved any replys to my mails from either site and while looking for info came accross the sticky on this site forum declaring no affiliatiuon with Zophars roms,
if anyone can? and feels able to?, without flaming me please shed some light on this ,especially because if you click on general chat on the site thats not affiliated it takes you to this page!

baco ...

Last edited:
uhm, last I checked, the donate link was on the ROMS subdomain webpage, NOT ours.

As for you not being able to get a hold of Edman, you aren't alone. None of us have, sadly, and at this point it feels like I'm the only one running things around here, and I only have access to the forum admin panel. I just believe at this point Edman has completely forgotten about this site, and us.

Finally, this doesn't go here, moving.

Interesting. Your first post is to question the owner/staff about a link to a site with a similar name.

My question to you is
Why do you care and why post something like this when you could have PM'ed an Admin?

It's almost like you were looking to push something which 99% of everyone else could give a shit about. I myself think you are someone that either has been banned from here or you hang out at some site normally where the idea or asking questions like this for no other reason than to cause a problem or stress gets you off.

I smell a troll.

I really wish that Edman would do something about that. It's hard to be a community with a strict policy on rom distribution that has a rom site link to it.

I really wish that Edman would do something about that. It's hard to be a community with a strict policy on rom distribution that has a rom site link to it.

Yeah, tell me about it. I'm not about to change the site policy now though. To op: I really wish that we could get ahold of Edman to pass on this complaint directly to him. We don't have anything to do with that site, and on top of that, it isn't like we can fix whatever your problem is at any rate.

unfair censorship!!

hi, i am a new member who posted a thread 2 days ago about this site "ahem" non affiliation with zophars roms even though they have the same main name the same page design and if you click forums on the "other" site you are brought to this forum ,
i paid a $19,99 "donation" to get the faster dL promised on a seperate server/link whatever, and didnt get it, I feel ripped off!
when i send emails "NO ANSWER" but the site admin are super fast in deleating my last thread .
no doubt this wont survive very long either,
but I supose if I dont get any reply to explain these points and sort them out , there is allways youtube , blogs , all the networking sites etc etc to spread the word of the shoddy ripping off practices going on here (unless I am proved wrong of course)
yours CONNED Baco...:mad:

first I did PM the admin also if you go to the Zophars roms site that looks amazeinly similar to this site you will see a link that says "new donations" then you will be taken to a grey page with forum links etc, and if you click on the forums link (all from the roms site remember) you will be taken to THIS chat forum!
now if there really not affiliated? why not get them to take down any sub links etc that have any connection to this site?
and why has this thread been buried and made so hard to find?
im not convinced... just CONvinced...
Baco
and btw im not a troll or banned doing this for fun , just a gamer who feels duped into paying $19.99 then getting the shaft, if this site has nothing to hide? why not put my thread back in chit chat? and lets have a real debate.

First of all, your thread was moved to here, because it was more suited for that forum, as it is a site problem.

Second of all, as mentionned in that thread, unfortunately, the site owner (edman) is the only one responsible for roms.zophar.net. He hasn't been around lately, and none of us here have any control or affiliation with roms.zophar.net. Unfortunately, though we have voiced our concerns on this matter to edman, he has not responded.

As for your issue of having paid without getting what you paid for, all that I can do is attempt to contact edman as you have. I will attepmt to do so, but I can't promise anything. Perhaps Reaper Man or 9th Sage know of a better way to contact him.

Ok, now I'm pissed off. It's one thing to have a rom site link to us, and look exactly like this site just because edman wants a roms site, but now we have edman's problems too. If what baco is saying is true about the $19.99 payment having no effect, then I'm exactly 19.99 times more pissed off. Now we look like a bunch of dishonest fucks because edman doesn't know how to take care of his stupid rom site.

Also, the thread being moved here was not an attempt to hide it, it's just as easy to find (if not easier due to the bright red font) as the other location. Also, things posted here tend to get more attention as they affect the site.

look here:

You will see i am not the only one who thinks that this and zophars roms are one and the same , the dude in this how to vid =directly points to zophars domain (not roms) to get isos & roms from.. so if the site admin really sticks by the no roms mantra ? dont you think something should be done to clear all this up? to avoid any confusion and to protect the integrety of this site? but what ever dont you all blame me, im just a poor shmo that paid some money and got the shaft and is now digging around to try and get some truths,
regards ....Baco

Last edited by a moderator:
Ugh, since you are too damn daft to realize your thread was moved, I'm going to leave this thread here until I am certain you've read this.

ok, as said before, we have NO affiliation with roms.zophar.net, none, and I, along with the rest of staff, wish said site never even existed. Don't be angry at us, we don't have your money. If you have a bone to pick, be angry at Edman, but both 9th sage and I have tried to get a hold of him, with no luck whatsoever. I have my doubts that you would be any more successful. I'm sorry that you lost 20 dollars, but there's nothing we (aside from Edman) can do about it, so I would appreciate that you take this matter with him, and not here.

We have been trying to get something done about this for the longest time, but edman has been ignoring us as much as he has been ignoring you. I didn't even know that there was a rom site under the zophar name when I joined this forum.

I understand that what happened to you is unfair, and I genuinely wish that I could do something about it, but at this moment all I can do is try to contact edman.

Yes, I'm well aware that the roms subdomain has a few links over here and I'm just about as angry about it as anyone, and if I had it my way, I'd just remove that roms subdoain completely. This is all the owner's doing, not ours, and personally I hate how he has that set up. Also, I only have forum admin permissions, so I can make any changes to the core of the sites myself. Again, speak with Edman on this issue.

Finally, no I will not move this back, since this thread belongs here, and not in talk of the town.

For additional contact information, you may want to perform a Whois lookup on the domain and any other associated domains. If you're unable to contact the owner of the site, depending on the method of payment you used you might be able to dispute the charge and obtain a refund from your financial institution.

ok guys , points taken on board, but Im sure by what I have read in some of your replys that you can see where im coming from? if any of you can get through to whom matters? then please do , as it would be in all yours/ours interest, and yes it is completely true about the $19,99 and having absolutly no effect (except to my paypal account) no hard feelings i hope?
Baco

I paid with PayPal so even though a dispute can be opened its not as easy as a credit card charge back, also not all transactions are given PayPal protection...
saying all that though , it would be nice not to be in this position in the fist place, thanks for your deep well thought out advice though , good job..
Baco

I paid with PayPal so even though a dispute can be opened its not as easy as a credit card charge back, also not all transactions are given PayPal protection...
saying all that though , it would be nice not to be in this position in the fist place, thanks for your deep well thought out advice though , good job..
Baco

Well, like I said before, sorry, but I've tried to contact him myself and he isn't responding to me either. I have no idea where he is, but he needs to show himself.

ok guys , points taken on board, but Im sure by what I have read in some of your replys that you can see where im coming from? if any of you can get through to whom matters? then please do , as it would be in all yours/ours interest, and yes it is completely true about the $19,99 and having absolutly no effect (except to my paypal account) no hard feelings i hope?
Baco

Yes, we see where you are coming from. AS has been said though, we have been trying to contact him and will continue to do so, but since he's not responding, there's not really anything we can do other than try. Trust us when we say we don't like this any more than you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom