Requesting longer / infinite time to edit a topic in Classifieds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kitsune Sniper

As the topic says... it's rather annoying since we have to make new posts every time we sell something. Or something like that. But you know what I mean, right? I'd like it if we were able to edit the original list with updated information, prices, or whatever.

Just a suggestion since I don't know if it can be done or not.

The purpose of the edit function is to correct mistakes immediately after posting. Infinite edit time would cause problems since the context of the post would change possibly months after a post was made.

> The purpose of the edit function is to correct mistakes
> immediately after posting. Infinite edit time would cause
> problems since the context of the post would change possibly
> months after a post was made.
>

I can see that happening.

I'm not sure how feasible this is, but what about modifying the edit function to allow additions only to the original post, say, up to 5 days after the original post instead of just a few hours or whatever it is.

> Hence becoming The Post that Wouldn't Die.

And that is the point of my request.

Classified ads have to be editable because of price and inventory changes. It only makes browsing for items and making sure which items have been sold or repriced much easier - but I see SG's problem with it, so it's okay, I'll manage.

> Because that would mean I need to recode zmd and it would
> cause the same problem I just mentioned.
>
It wouldn't cause the same problem cuz it's only 5 days. Not a post that's editable forever adn ever and ever. But whatever it's your forum and whatnot. *shrugs*

> Classified ads have to be editable because of price and
> inventory changes

Price and inventory changes? These are classified pages, not your own personal storefront. If you need that kind of customization, I think you need to make your own online shop.

In fact, i think you should, and get the fuck off of ZMD. Did you come back from banning just so you could sell us stuff?

> Price and inventory changes? These are classified pages,
> not your own personal storefront.

I know it's not, but what I meant was if I have something for sale, and I decide to change the prices, well, it's easier to just edit the first post and make the changes there.

> In fact, i think you should, and get the fuck off of ZMD.
> Did you come back from banning just so you could sell us
> stuff?

No need to get aggressive.

Other than my screwup with the DVDs, I have done nothing wrong and am following the rules of the forum. I'm selling all these things because I'm trying to raise money to leave my hometown, pay my bus fare to somewhere else, and rent a place once I get a job. This will be around October, if I get lucky and I have no paperwork problems with my school.

I have pretty much stayed out of trouble lately (again, other than the DVD thing that is), so I don't understand why would you be so angry at me trying to make money. Yes, I sell stuff on eBay, and if it doesn't sell there, I try to sell it off here (and other places) at a lower price. Heck, there were things here that are not allowed at ZMD and I removed them just for this post.

So please... just let it go. I don't want a fight, I'm sure none of the mods do either. So someone please lock this. I got my answer, and it's okay.

> In fact, i think you should, and get the fuck off of ZMD.
> Did you come back from banning just so you could sell us
> stuff?
>
Yes because heaven forbid he use the classified forum to sell stuff that some of us might actually be interested in buying!

> So please... just let it go. I don't want a fight

Then why did you come to ZMD, particularly during Lobster's time of the month?

Bah... I'm with you, Kitsune. Other forums have no problems with the "edit post" function. It's a simple matter to lock that sort of thing down, or say... MODERATE a forum, and when a post changes so radically it's noticed, warn the person doing it - and if they continue to do it, ban them.

But, here at Zophar's Domain, we're all talk and no show. We believe in telling people who complain about the lack of updates to fuck off. I mean, who has ever heard of software updates? Or, say, posting news on a fucking emulation site? Or answering emails when someone offers to help with the above after several public calls for assistance are made?

I like that the forums here are all kind of freeform and you can more or less say whatever's on your mind, but... Zophar's Domain is going down the shitter and any time I, personally, put forward a suggestion or offer, its either ignored, or I'm told something to shut up. I'm getting really sick of it. I've seen the Mambo install. I EDITED what I could, to get an idea of how it could be used - but I still don't have access to do any REAL work.

If I were given a damned SFTP login and a weekend, Zophar's Domain would be back up to snuff and a fucking EMULATION SITE again.

Fuck. I'm tired of hearing "Oh, you have NO idea what's going on in the background." Why not show some of it, then? Is no one allowed to talk about it? You've been working on a site refresh since I lived in Florida, and that was fucking four years ago!

I mean, God fucking forbid someone might actually want to use the Classifieds section of the forum to, I don't know, try to sell some shit?

If this is how things will continue to go, then Zophar's should fucking hurry up and die. I'm tired of smelling the stinking rot.

It's too bad really...I'm rather addened that there hasn't been anything updated in so long. I tried to help, but all I got was hurry up hurry up, work harder work harder even when I just spent the last week or so every single night coming here and posting stuff on my slow as mollasses connection, then getting 4 hours of sleep and then going to work...good lord that was tiring after a damn week of it.

Maybe it's an issue of proper motivation.

> Maybe it's an issue of proper motivation.

Do you want me to offer you a candy bar? Perhaps you'd like me to pay you.

Nah...but I will pat you on the back for yet another jackass comment. If you don't want to do it just to do it, then don't do it. End of story.

> Do you want me to offer you a candy bar? Perhaps you'd like
> me to pay you.

No I wasn't expecting any of that, but having people not yelling at me like was happening at the time would have been alright.

> No I wasn't expecting any of that, but having people not
> yelling at me like was happening at the time would have been
> alright.

I don't think you get it. I don't think you ever will. And that's why I've lost MY motivation.

> Do you want me to offer you a candy bar? Perhaps you'd like
> me to pay you.

And we see another version of Swampgas' "thankyou.exe".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom